• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't experience Viva Pinata then you have not experience life at all. Damn American keyboards and difficulty of ñ.
I Always hate that when trying to communicate with my Spanish relatives.

Tenrius

People are actually buying games that have G4WL - and Securom?

Why not? I buy (and sometimes play) the actual games, not the occasionally questionable DRM they come with. I mean, if you play a game with GFWL and Securom, it's in most cases exactly the the same thing as playing any game devoid of that vicious software.

Sajjaja

They are developing a PC game right now. Fortnite.

As well as Gears of War and Bulletstorm Steamworks integration.

I bet Fortnite is being worked on as much as Ubisoft/Gearbox are working on Brothers in Arms Furious Four.

What secret information do you have about GoW and BS :O :O I love both of those games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GoW is like kinda lame. Like, their settings and design is great but the story is lame. It's all grey and brown bs. With dude-bro dialogue.

The three mainline games have nothing on Judgement in that regard. They're fun enough to blast through with a mate, but I tried to make it through Gears 3 solo and couldn't do it. What a waste of $69.

Atruvius

Abit of a public service annoucement for fans of Wadjet Eye Games (Blackwell series and publishers of Gemini Rue/Primordia)

They are releasing a remake of one of their first games, The Shivah. The new version will be called The Shivah: Kosher Edition, the primary feature is upgraded graphics. Fans of Joey Malone from the Blackwell series should be interested as this was the first game Abe Goldfarb was in.

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/the-shivah/

Old
http://www.shivahgame.com/shivshots/shiv4-orig.png[img]

New
[img]http://www.shivahgame.com/shivshots/shiv4.png[img]

Old
[img]http://www.shivahgame.com/shivshots/shiv2-orig.png[img]

New
[img]http://www.shivahgame.com/shivshots/shiv2.png[img]

Old
[img]http://www.shivahgame.com/shivshots/shiv5-orig.png[img]

New
[img]http://www.shivahgame.com/shivshots/shiv5.png[img]

The game is coming out on the 21st of November and can[URL="http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/pre-order/the-shivah/"] be pre-ordered from the Wadjet Eye site for $3.99 (will be $5 normally).[/URL] Yes you get a Steam key and DRM free copy. It's also coming out on iOS if you are into that thing.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtE4o1WdOyw"]Trailer[/URL][/QUOTE]
Nice! I almost bought the game some months back when I listened to some some old Idle Thumbs eppisode where they discussed about this game. Pretty glad I waited.

JaseC

You better not be joshing me.

Bulletstorm is being discussed internally while there's nothing to say on the Gears front.

other than 1, I did coop, which might bring some bias. I played most with friends either with control or sharing. We were drunk most of the time :p

Smashing through Gears 2 and it's hilarious story with two of my mates while getting plastered in-between turns is one of my fondest memories. :p

Gintoki

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pid -- MB-CB8769F9D92453D0 - Taken by ArjanN

Thank you Kuroyume, I've never really spent much time with tower defense games. I hear this one is good. Probably the kind of thing I'm in the mood for lately (wisdom tooth and back ache ftw)

JaseC

I just want Red Faction: Guerrilla and DIRT 2 to shed GFWL. Probably not going to happen though. :(

Deep Silver's been quiet about RFG's future so there may be some good news in the future (somebody here sent off an e-mail and got a "No comment", IIRC). As for Dirt 2, though, I don't see Codemasters removing GFWL from older games in a series, but I'd like to be wrong.

Edit: I always confuse Nordic and Deep Silver for some bloody reason.

Grief.exe

Lets all be honest, Dark Souls is that one game that truly needs to shed GFWL.

Everything else is just icing on the cake at the reception for the GFWL funeral.

I just want Red Faction: Guerrilla and DIRT 2 to shed GFWL. Probably not going to happen though. :(
If they see a big enough spike in DiRT 3 sales once it updates, I can see it happening. Guerilla I'm not sure. Nordic Game paid a lot for that IP.. they probably want to protect it.

Hit a glitch in the first mission you choose in Xcom Enemy Within. Send your main soldier up to the roof, make him take cover behind a vent, xeno's see and fire on this soldier and you use an rpg to blast them. This soldier cannot move off of the rooftop, he can't move at all. On the first turn you can set him to overwatch and move the rest of your soldiers forward to trigger the next fight. But on the next turn you can't use overwatch again, it simply won't respond when you try to trigger the second overwatch. The U.I. becomes unresponsive, you get locked in to the overwatch verification pop-up and can't back out. You can't call the main menu with escape. I have to alt-tab out and kill the .exe.

It's like a trigger is failing in their mission scripting. I completed the task, perhaps not using the exact buttons specified, I killed a target and blew up their cover, I have no other targets to kill, but the script won't let go of my soldier, he's trapped on the roof with fire or overwatch as his only available options.

Edit: I started another game and skipped the tutorial since it's completely unchanged or what I was actually able to play of it was. First mission in, collected some meld, so the new economy item is introduced right away and I guess I'll start to be able to make modified soldiers soon. It's late, I'm going to bed, didn't go to the research lab to check it out.

wazoo

If they see a big enough spike in DiRT 3 sales once it updates, I can see it happening. Guerilla I'm not sure. Nordic Game paid a lot for that IP.. they probably want to protect it.

I am more worried for games from defunct companies. At least, a lot of games do work with offline account and should continue to work after.

Games like Bulletstorm and Dirt3 are online only, so they need patching. A game like BlazeBlue, you can just hit Cancel on the connect button and still play offline.

wazoo

it's not enough

every game should be rid of that pestilence

main problem with GFWL is not that it may works or not, but a game that relies on it will not be possible to apply patches or DLC after its shutdown, so even if games still work you are forced to keep them installed at the risk of not being able to reinstall them properly later on.

sprinkles

It has been like a year since I bought that crazy THQ Humble Bundle. I never played a game from that bundle so I started Homefront on a whim yesterday. Man that game sure deserves all the hate it gets. The story is even crazier than I thought
Like why did the USA fall over to North Korea when they have invincible robot cars with rocket launchers

It has these moments where you obviously should feel enraged about the Korean atrocities but I can only laugh due to the hilarious presentation. I only played for around two hours but seem to be already halfway through the game. But that is the only reason I will finish the game - it is short enough to enjoy the trashy story without the bad gunplay feeling tedious.

Knurek

Everything else is just icing on the cake at the reception for the GFWL funeral.

The game needs Dark Souls 2 renderer improvements patched in.
Even with Durante's massive work, it still looks and works like shit - no VSync on fullscreen, blurred image in borderless windowed, geometry errors with framerates higher than 30fps...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Truer words have never been spoken.

It needs a re-release really, even though durante version is fine

Jawmuncher

It has been like a year since I bought that crazy THQ Humble Bundle. I never played a game from that bundle so I started Homefront on a whim yesterday. Man that game sure deserves all the hate it gets. The story is even crazier than I thought
Like why did the USA fall over to North Korea when they have invincible robot cars with rocket launchers

It has these moments where you obviously should feel enraged about the Korean atrocities but I can only laugh due to the hilarious presentation. I only played for around two hours but seem to be already halfway through the game. But that is the only reason I will finish the game - it is short enough to enjoy the trashy story without the bad gunplay feeling tedious.

Homefront is the shittiest FPS I have played this gen.
I hated every second of it and yet I still managed to finish it.

Alright, so after the first mission the option to research meld is right there alongside the initial weapons, armor upgrades, xeno research, etc. Once the research is complete there's a new cinematic where your lead engineer and scientist discuss the results of the meld research with central. You basically gain the option to build new facilities and eventually the units/abilities those facilities will provide.

Every mission thus far has two meld canisters in it and they automatically have a countdown. You're unaware of how many turns those canisters have before they self-destruct until you lays eyes on them. First mission it was five turns and the canisters were, of course, easy to get. The second it was seven but they were on opposite sides of the map. They're basically trying to force you to play less safe, try to force you to split your squad up and cover more of the map in less time. Risk your soldiers for the reward of meld. Until I build the facilities and find the cost/benefit of these new units, I'm pretty happy with securing just one meld canister a map if it means I can keep more soldiers alive potentially.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Abit of a public service annoucement for fans of Wadjet Eye Games (Blackwell series and publishers of Gemini Rue/Primordia)

They are releasing a remake of one of their first games, The Shivah. The new version will be called The Shivah: Kosher Edition, the primary feature is upgraded graphics. Fans of Joey Malone from the Blackwell series should be interested as this was the first game Abe Goldfarb was in.

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/the-shivah/

Yes you get a Steam key and DRM free copy. It's also coming out on iOS if you are into that thing.

Trailer
Didn't know this, thanks!
Bought. :)

Anteater

Is there a way to uncap Stacking's framerate? It says it's running at 60fps but I don't think it is, this seems to be the case with costume quest as well, the animation and camera is jerky, nothing really too distracting due to the nature of those games, but I won't mind a workaround.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Wasn't it like, 2 hours long?

Between 4 and 5.

I bought Homefront day one. Total garbage campaign, but I loved the multiplayer. I like any MP where you can get just as many points playing support as you can by running around shooting people. 90% of my time with it was spent flying the drone, and I was almost always in the top 3 for my team.

Homefront is tied with Halo Reach and Bad Company 2 as my favorite multiplayer FPS.

They'll patch Dark Souls with a trailer for Demon's Souls 2 and that's it, just so you're stuck waiting another 8 years until you get a PS4 and can play it. :p

JaseC

Is there a way to uncap Stacking's framerate? It says it's running at 60fps but I don't think it is, this seems to be the case with costume quest as well, the animation and camera is jerky, nothing really too distracting due to the nature of those games, but I won't mind a workaround.

Double Fine was supposed to roll out a patch but given your comment about the camera I'm guessing that never happened.

Raytow

The game needs Dark Souls 2 renderer improvements patched in.
Even with Durante's massive work, it still looks and works like shit - no VSync on fullscreen, blurred image in borderless windowed, geometry errors with framerates higher than 30fps...
Let's be honest here, that is not going to happen.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey yo, samesies. It pisses me off in a good way, like the original Bit.Trip.Runner did, or Rock Band. I don't get that feeling with Super Meat Boy, for some reason. Anyways, I beat the first world in ESJ and got the "Hold Me Closer Tony Danza" achievement. Goddamn did that feel good. I can only imagine trying to stay alive 40 seconds on that level, what the hell.
These are some strong words, which means I'll have to try ESJ someday instead of letting it rot in my library.

Though I couldn't help myself and bought Guild Wars 2 last night, so it may be a while before I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom