• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I wish I knew what the deal with the WB Humble Bundle bonus games is. I don't get why some people have been able to grab the games and before they've become unavailable again, are some games getting removed from the bonus offering maybe?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish I knew what the deal with the WB Humble Bundle bonus games is. I don't get why some people have been able to grab the games and before they've become unavailable again, are some games getting removed from the bonus offering maybe?

WB is going to remove Guardians of Middle-earth because everybody there hates me.

cicero

It has been like a year since I bought that crazy THQ Humble Bundle. I never played a game from that bundle so I started Homefront on a whim yesterday. Man that game sure deserves all the hate it gets. The story is even crazier than I thought
Like why did the USA fall over to North Korea when they have invincible robot cars with rocket launchers

It has these moments where you obviously should feel enraged about the Korean atrocities but I can only laugh due to the hilarious presentation. I only played for around two hours but seem to be already halfway through the game. But that is the only reason I will finish the game - it is short enough to enjoy the trashy story without the bad gunplay feeling tedious.
I found the November 2012 Death March article in Polygon about the death of Kaos Studios much more interesting than the game itself.

oipic

Homefront is the shittiest FPS I have played this gen.
I hated every second of it and yet I still managed to finish it.

I hear you. I didn't touch its multi-player, but I don't think I've ever exited a game and so quickly and decisively uninstalled it as I did after completing Homefront. It was relatively short (I suck, admittedly, so about 5 hours for me), but it still managed to well outstay its welcome.

JaseC

Speaking of Homefront, Crytek is just sitting on money by not returning it to digital distributors. I mean, it's not particularly popular by any stretch, but people will buy anything at the right price.

Well that seems reasonable. At least there was a valid reason!

I will never forgive Warner for promising me the world only to later snatch it out of reach...

...unless Wheelman shows up again.

derExperte

Hey yo, samesies. It pisses me off in a good way, like the original Bit.Trip.Runner did, or Rock Band. I don't get that feeling with Super Meat Boy, for some reason. Anyways, I beat the first world in ESJ and got the "Hold Me Closer Tony Danza" achievement. Goddamn did that feel good. I can only imagine trying to stay alive 40 seconds on that level, what the hell.

That's the achievement where I said 'nope' after getting all the stars, uninstalled the game and started to listen to the soundtrack only.

JaseC

Thumbs up for Risk of Rain.

Though it kills me whenever games have controller support for everything but the main menus.

Similarly, I hate that with certain games, if you leave your controller idling too long and it turns off automatically, you need to quit the game entirely and reload for it to be detected again. Ubi was particularly guilty of this -- it frustrated me to no end when playing through Driver: San Francisco and at least one of the earlier AssCreeds.

derExperte

Man, the console threads are scary!

Very.

BY4tqBTCcAEO0tW.jpg

I remember Anomaly Korea being in one of HBs, is there any chance we'll get a steam key for it?

They aren't going to add them to the bundle pages. They've said on the steam forums to email them directly at info@11bitstudios.com and they'll send the key. This led to their email being paralysed for a couple of days but it's back up now. They haven't said what they'd need as proof but I added a pic of my bundle page.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Man, the console threads are scary!

It feels kinda good though, right? All these people arguing about resolutions and framerates. Posting screenshots full of poor textures and jaggies. Shelling out $60 for games. Fuck all of that noise.

It's a good time to have a gaming PC.

It feels kinda good though, right? All these people arguing about resolutions and framerates. Posting screenshots full of poor textures and jaggies. Shelling out $60 for games. Fuck all of that noise.

It's a good time to have a gaming PC.
Anything console related thread is scary, just came back from the "Oculus is not going to be on consoles" thread, the amount of shit posts is just...astounding.

Edit: Must be a busy season for @neogafshitposts.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Speaking of Homefront, Crytek is just sitting on money by not returning it to digital distributors. I mean, it's not particularly popular by any stretch, but I will buy anything at the right (read: pretty much any) price.

FTFY.

I'm sure when (if?) Homefront 2 eventually appears, the original will be re-instated, probably as a pre-order bonus or something.

Anyway, I guess I'm just waiting for the next Steam sale really, although I did buy Assetto Corsa this week. My Steam buying has slowed significantly this year, which I guess it had to. If I ever reach 1000 games on Steam I think I'm stopping gaming, or something.

I'm going on vacation in Australia during the exact time that the Steam Winter Sale will be going on. If I grab some wifi and get on the app, will it direct me to the Australian storefront?

JaseC

I'm going on vacation in Australia during the exact time that the Steam Winter Sale will be going on. If I grab some wifi and get on the app, will it direct me to the Australian storefront?

Submit a ticket to support closer to the date, stating that you're travelling abroad and would like to continue making purchases. The IP restriction on your account will be removed and you'll be given a link that looks like http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=xx, allowing you to purchase as usual (alternatively, you can use a VPN service that has a server in your home country).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Cool, won a game, thanks Stump! Copied the wrong code though, so very tired. So whoever wants the Greed Corp code can pm me!

I also still have the following coupons (til 16th)

-75% Titan Attacks
-33% Foul Play
-25% Volgar the Viking

derExperte

Redshirt http://store.steampowered.com/app/247870/

Redshirt is the comedy sci-fi sim about social networking aboard a space station, starring the station's most ambitious low-ranking peon: you! Navigate the professional and interpersonal politics of the ubiquitous "Spacebook" to curry favor among friends and colleagues.

Doesn't sound too bad but good luck with that price.

P.S. The IndieRoyale Prairie Dog Bundle now has keys for Vox!

Knurek

They aren't going to add them to the bundle pages. They've said on the steam forums to email them directly at info@11bitstudios.com and they'll send the key. This led to their email being paralysed for a couple of days but it's back up now. They haven't said what they'd need as proof but I added a pic of my bundle page.

Umm, not true - just checked and I have the keys in my Humble profile for 11 bit studios weekly sale.

Umm, not true - just checked and I have the keys in my Humble profile for 11 bit studios weekly sale.

Huh, so they have. This is what they were saying yesterday:

Allmighty Pudding [developer] 20 hours ago
Yoyoyo - the email is working again.
And yes - I'm aware we can add keys via Humble Bundle but for various reasons, we prefer to do it via e-mail. Next pack of replies coming soon ;)

Must have got tired of having to reply to all the emails. Looks like I've got some spare keys!

Edit: You'll also find a key with the PC and Android bundle, but not with the original Android or Mobile bundles

valouris

I wanna play Enemy Within dammit. Gotta get my XCOM fix. Can't wait till Friday!

Is there any naughty way for us Europeans to play the game from now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom