• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

Got through a few chapters on Injustice. Game looks great (character models aside) only problem is maxing out the shadows doesn't let the actual game start up. Otherwise a good port.

quick question for you: does Injustice have the horrible low-res compressed cut scenes that MK9 has? because that was pretty disappointing for me.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I played through Stacking and the DLC on the 360. I liked it. The style of the game is top notch, and it's fun to go through and figure out the different ways of achieving each of the goals. Plus there's a Psychonauts easter egg in there!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I played through Stacking and the DLC on the 360. I liked it. The style of the game is top notch, and it's fun to go through and figure out the different ways of achieving each of the goals. Plus there's a Psychonauts easter egg in there!

Best to enjoy them as they're the closest we're going to get to a sequel. :p

FloatOn

stacking is the one double fine game I haven't played.

I should fix that soon.

edit: wtf I don't even own it.

I like Emma Watson, maybe I should become the Emma's SteamGaf representative or something.

She's always been very "meh" to me. Emma Stone however...

How is this Pixeljunk Monsters?

Is it a good TD-Game?

I'm a very big fan of the game. I mostly played it on the PS3 (where I completed all the challenges) but the PC port is excellent as well.

Some brief notes if you know TD:

* The style is slower paced than a lot of titles and the levels are long. Strategically placing or upgrading a type of tower can make all the difference rather than just spamming a large amount of towers against huge waves..
* The game requires a lot of trial and error and restarting. Often you will have your defences set up well but will be surprised by a random wave of flying enemies like bees. This is hard to recover from, especially if you are going for the 100% rainbows (a limited amount of which is required to proceed). Be prepared to constantly restart to find a winning strategy once it gets more difficult.
* There is a decent number of levels and a good variety in what you will face. Some levels have no coins, some no gems. Some levels only throw spiders, others focus on flying enemies. This means you will have to mix it up (but you will learn to rely on a few of the more powerful towers).
* There are boss enemies, but they are limited in variety and challenge.
* On the other hand, certain challenges like winning a level without upgrading a tower are rock hard. If you enjoy the style you'll get a huge amount of hours out of trying to beat these.
* To help with the challenge, you can play it in coop. This mode is great fun and also extremely kid friendly. You can place towers and just tell the kid to "dance" on a particular one until it is up to the black level. This makes beating a level together quite rewarding as you are both contributing.
* You will want a controller, because you are constantly moving your guy around to upgrade towers and collect coins.
* The extra island takes a lot of the strategies you relied on in the first world and mixes them up even further. It is a real good challenge.

Those notes might be a little all over the shop, but what I'm getting at is it is a high quality title. You'll need to like the slower pace and have a high threshold for trial and error and restarting levels from scratch. But if you can catch the addictive itch of the title, you'll have a heck of a lot of fun with it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
One of the hardest things I have to do every day is catch up with the Steam thread after I wake up.

Today I did a poor job at it.

Ps.: IndieGameStand.com also has Vox Steam keys now.

derExperte

* The game requires a lot of trial and error and restarting. Often you will have your defences set up well but will be surprised by a random wave of flying enemies like bees. This is hard to recover from, especially if you are going for the 100% rainbows (a limited amount of which is required to proceed). Be prepared to constantly restart to find a winning strategy once it gets more difficult.

This killed Monsters for me after ca 10hrs. The game isn't just difficult, it's sadistic. I'm doing perfectly fine for 18 waves and then it throws everything at me at once. And it takes sooo loooong to get back to that point to do it better. Even on the lower difficulty. I might not be the best tower defender but imo it shows that this game is pretty old and lacks a lot of comfort features like speeding up time. Really hated that one after a while. And the music, terribly annoying.

Vazduh

I wish I knew what the deal with the WB Humble Bundle bonus games is. I don't get why some people have been able to grab the games and before they've become unavailable again, are some games getting removed from the bonus offering maybe?

It's not the first time that bonus games weren't added halfway through the bundle’s run. Origin HB bonus games were added 8 days after the offer was posted online (bundle was introduced 8/14 and bonus games were added 8/22).

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's not the first time that bonus games weren't added halfway through the bundle’s run. Origin HB bonus games were added 8 days after the offer was posted online (bundle was introduced 8/14 and bonus games were added 8/22).

Yeah, I had that bundle too. I'm just wondering if the fact that some people got them before they were taken down again means there's an issue with one or more of the offerings.

When is the release date for Wasteland 2? Also is the original game being released soon on Steam?
Not sure about the release date for W2, but W1 codes were given out to those who backed the sequel. I redeemed and installed my W1 game from Steam already so it definitely exists in their registries, but it's kind of like Worms Armageddon I guess in the sense that it's out but not yet public.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So there were bonus additions after all? Which games or game?

Batman: Arkham Origins - New Millennium Skins Pack
F.E.A.R.
Gotham City Impostors Free to Play: Professional Impostor Kit
Guardians of Middle-earth
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC

Only really interested in F.E.A.R. as I've never played any of them, makes sense to play the first one first
only?

Arthea

F.E.A.R.
Thanks, not quite what I expected, so it's probably a real deal (><)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I feel a small warning is needed: A New Beginning - Final Cut (one of many adventure games in the Humble Daedelic Bundle) just received a 1.4GB update to version 2.0 on Steam.
And here it comes.

WARNING! - Savegames will not be compatible due to huge changes in the engine's structure. New savegames for different situations in the game are available from our support(at daedalic.de).

Further changes:
A New Beginning 2.0 Update

- Engine update for increased stability and better performance
- General Ingame Bugfixes
- Change to a multilanguage build. It's now possible to combine subtitles and voiceover languages freely, without having to download further assets.
- Savegames will not be compatible due to huge changes in the engine's structure. New savegames for different situations in the game are available from our support(at daedalic.de).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When is the release date for Wasteland 2? Also is the original game being released soon on Steam?

Wikipedia says "no earlier than late 2013", which is rather vague. The beta begins this month, though, so I'd guess no later than April/May 2014 at worst. As for the original game, it was submitted to Valve about a week ago now and as afternoon said, backers can download the game already, so I assume it's just a matter of inXile getting the store page in order, which will probably happen next week.

Yeah, he said their CS won't give a replacement ROW key. :( PrematureQuiche got a working key from his preorder but I got screwed apparently.

Ah, that's unfortunate. I'd take it off your hands if there were a BR-specific app, but Sega's done away with that for the most part; the one and only region-specific app for 2014 pertains to Russia.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yeah, he said their CS won't give a replacement ROW key. :( PrematureQuiche got a working key from his preorder but I got screwed apparently.

Can't you just hop on a VPN and register the game? Or it has a RU thing where you need to be on the country to launch the game?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
In honor of the mindblowingly excellent review threads on the front page I think I might have to review a couple recently finished games for this thread later today.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
F.E.A.R.

Only really interested in F.E.A.R. as I've never played any of them, makes sense to play the first one first
only?

What happened with MK Kollection? It has a humble bundle trailer for no reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom