• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the release date for W2, but W1 codes were given out to those who backed the sequel. I redeemed and installed my W1 game from Steam already so it definitely exists in their registries, but it's kind of like Worms Armageddon I guess in the sense that it's out but not yet public.

Wikipedia says "no earlier than late 2013", which is rather vague. The beta begins this month, though, so I'd guess no later than April/May 2014 at worst. As for the original game, it was submitted to Valve about a week ago now and as afternoon said, backers can download the game already, so I assume it's just a matter of inXile getting the store page in order, which will probably happen next week.

Ah, that's unfortunate. I'd take it off your hands if there were a BR-specific app, but Sega's done away with that for the most part; the one and only region-specific app for 2014 pertains to Russia.

Thank you.

Caerith

Batman: Arkham Origins - New Millennium Skins Pack
F.E.A.R.
Gotham City Impostors Free to Play: Professional Impostor Kit
Guardians of Middle-earth
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC

Only really interested in F.E.A.R. as I've never played any of them, makes sense to play the first one first
only?
Hm. How does this bundle work? Do you have to BTA to get the bonus games or just buy in before they're added?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
In honor of the mindblowingly excellent review threads on the front page I think I might have to review a couple recently finished games for this thread later today.

On a related note, I absorb the bitter tears over Killzone into my essence. I'm basically an Egyptian god at this point.

Grief.exe

When is the release date for Wasteland 2? Also is the original game being released soon on Steam?

No release date yet, but they are currently in crunch time trying to get it out as soon as possible.

Wasteland 1 is already on Steam, if you have backed W2 or Torment at a certain tier then you will get a code.

Joe Molotov

Ditto for the Adventure Role-playing Groupee. I didn't buy either, apparently. Woe is me.

Edit: Oh, wait, I bought it during the Not on Steam Sale!

I couldn't remember if I bought the Adventure/RPG Groupee or not, but it turns out I did. Hurray for +1 game count!

Caerith

Humble Bundle changed their policy, you now need to BTA to get the extra games added one week after the Bundle's debut.

Thanks. Now just wondering if Fear/2/3, Scribblenauts, and LOTR:WitN are worth $5 for anything other than increasing my gamecount.

Batman: Arkham Origins - New Millennium Skins Pack
F.E.A.R.
Gotham City Impostors Free to Play: Professional Impostor Kit
Guardians of Middle-earth
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC

Only really interested in F.E.A.R. as I've never played any of them, makes sense to play the first one first
only?

random group of stuff right there....

In honor of the mindblowingly excellent review threads on the front page I think I might have to review a couple recently finished games for this thread later today.

it's a scary place out there man. I'm not sure how you can give a console a score, but that polygon review layout is sssssexy.

Can't wait for that steambox review

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hm. How does this bundle work? Do you have to BTA to get the bonus games or just buy in before they're added?

It used to be you'd get them by buying the bundle before the bonuses were added (or by beating the average afterwards) but now you have to BTA regardless of when you buy to get them I think.

chronomac

I bought MouseCraft a couple weeks ago for a dollar, redeemed it on Steam two days ago, and then yesterday played (and enjoyed) it for a couple hours. The cards I got from those two hours each sold for about $0.40, paying for the game essentially. Now, if this Indie Game: The Movie foil would just sell, I could buy PixelJunk Shooter with the card cash. It's been sitting there for 4 days.

AkuMifune

Banned
Kinda wish there was a sale for those of us sitting out the next-gen launch storm under the comforting umbrella of Steam.

my-neighbor-totoro-umbrella-rain-scene.jpg

Only took a peek in the OPs/1st pages of the review threads, I'm staying out man.

On a related note, I absorb the bitter tears over Killzone into my essence. I'm basically an Egyptian god at this point.

Not sure what people were expecting. It was never a premier shooters series, it never looked more compelling than CoD or BF, yet people blast those and expect this to be special?

Watching some vids I couldn't stop thinking how Fear still has more compelling encounters.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes, but today so I don't have to feel like I'm sulking on the sidelines! ;)

Actually just looking at the releases for the rest of the year, I'm not sure a sale will help. It feels kind of like no mans land approaching.

This is the fun part, where you start picking up games you're unlikely to play just because they look even remotely interesting and are cheap!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Abit of a public service annoucement for fans of Wadjet Eye Games (Blackwell series and publishers of Gemini Rue/Primordia)

They are releasing a remake of one of their first games, The Shivah. The new version will be called The Shivah: Kosher Edition, the primary feature is upgraded graphics. Fans of Joey Malone from the Blackwell series should be interested as this was the first game Abe Goldfarb was in.

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/the-shivah/

Old
shiv4-orig.png

New
shiv4.png

Old
shiv2-orig.png

New
shiv2.png

Old
shiv5-orig.png

New
shiv5.png

The game is coming out on the 21st of November and can be pre-ordered from the Wadjet Eye site for $3.99 (will be $5 normally). Yes you get a Steam key and DRM free copy. It's also coming out on iOS if you are into that thing.

Trailer

Wonderful news. By no means has the original aged all that poorly and the graphics still hold some charm, but this remake does enhance the world and characters quite well from what I'm seeing and I say that's worth getting it for.

Thank you for sharing the information.

Grief.exe

Its not even big stuff.
The all access reveal is going to be a killer here then.

Someone said the other day a thread whether or not the PS4 would play MP3's got to 50 pages or something crazy. Hardware and software reviews are going to generate a lot of buzz.

Sensible people could care less. You don't buy a console for the launch games and neither console has any compelling titles whatsoever.

Mordeccai

Steam gaf, does anybody know how pre-orders on uPlay work? I just bought an NVIDIA promo code for Black Flag and redeemed it on uPlay. On the client itself, I don't see AC4 in my games list. Will it pop up automatically next week, and there is nothing to worry about? Or should I call their support and see what the dealio is.

Sensible people could care less. You don't buy a console for the launch games and neither console has any compelling titles whatsoever.

Yeah, I've honestly been PC only (aside from a bit of Tekken) for a couple of years now. My commitment was that I didn't want to even consider picking up a new console until 2015 or so, but I expected that I'd have to summon up some willpower to resist. However I'm not finding that willpower is even required in the slightest. Hardware is overpriced and launch games are unimpressive looking all around (though KI does interest me). And at the same time PC gaming continues to throw wonderful games at me for pennies. Not finding it hard to hold firm at all.

Derrick01

Banned

There seems to be less of these as time goes on. The overreaction on both sides over games that will be forgotten in a year like launch games always are depresses me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There is another greenlight bundle

http://www.indiemeadow.com/greenlight/

1 euro for 7 games
  • Dweebs 3
  • Full Bore
  • Little Cells
  • Plush
  • Siege Wars
  • Sphoxie
  • Splatter
+goodies pack
  • Full Bore OST
  • Plush OST
  • Siege Wars Wallpapers
  • Dweebs 3 Boxart

Seems like a pretty good deal, considering I paid $1 for Full Bore just yesterday. Strangely these do not come with Desura keys though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is, what, the fourth or fifth bundle Full Bore has been in, including IGS? I'm going to be drowning in spare keys.

Parsnip

I dug through some old humble bundles and here's some keys I found.
I believe the Amnesia Fortnight key gives you prototypes for Autonomous, Black Lake, Hack n' Slash, Spacebase DF-9 and The White Birch which are all from fortnight 2012.
Plus Costume Quest Prototype and Happy Song Prototype (this game ended up turning into Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster), from older fortnights.
Brazen is also from an older fortnight. I think it's the game Brad Muir was shopping around for a year before the Massive Chalice Kickstarter.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight Prototypes -- MB-4541C3D4D7AD10C8 - Taken by Motorbreath. 6 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype #1 -- MB-54FD0A57E762ED82 - Taken by nja
Brazen Prototype #2 -- MB-EC380B733F2AAA7C - Taken by Evrain
Brazen Prototype #3 -- MB-8F178DAC7FDA3918
Brazen Prototype #4 -- MB-C1CDEDD9DE78FDD0
Waking Mars -- MB-E7FFD595D4F78F8A - Taken by angular graphics. 13 entrants total.

t1384373969z1.png

Grief.exe

Yeah, I've honestly been PC only (aside from a bit of Tekken) for a couple of years now. My commitment was that I didn't want to even consider picking up a new console until 2015 or so, but I expected that I'd have to summon up some willpower to resist. However I'm not finding that willpower is even required in the slightest. Hardware is overpriced and launch games are unimpressive looking all around (though KI does interest me). And at the same time PC gaming continues to throw wonderful games at me for pennies. Not finding it hard to hold firm at all.

I'm significantly more excited for my upcoming PS3 purchase then any next-gen console in the immediate future. I'm in a similar boat, I probably won't even look at a PS4 until 2015 when it has accumulated enough compelling games.

Even then, the current console-exclusive games that I am interested in, Destiny, MGSV, and GTAV all have significant PC-port rumors.
In the case of Konami, they actually set up an internal studio to do the MGR port. I doubt they would go through the time and expense of setting that up if they weren't planning on doing more PC ports in the future.

Aaron

I had a good day today, so here's a spare keys giveaway:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Warlock -- MB-0AA73F711C913CCE - Taken by Cth. 4 entrants total.
Ignite -- MB-7AA5E83E1BD104A6 - Taken by didamangi. 2 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-A98F27EDF3C1A05C - Taken by nexen. 13 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-38F387BCA24AC9DD - Taken by DasFool. 1 entrants total.
Pid -- MB-D46D4056BF0E4192 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 7 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-4F2B9F9B173DEAC2 - Taken by still
Saira -- MB-878546BE82FD7E69 - Taken by random. 2 entrants total.
Vox -- MB-33CCFB49A92DD984 - Taken by Colin.. 8 entrants total.
Europa Universalis 3 Complete -- MB-410497334E179460 - Taken by Faabulous. 3 entrants total.
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-78A2C85CE4807453 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by gurm3n

t1384374735z1.png

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Steam gaf, does anybody know how pre-orders on uPlay work? I just bought an NVIDIA promo code for Black Flag and redeemed it on uPlay. On the client itself, I don't see AC4 in my games list. Will it pop up automatically next week, and there is nothing to worry about? Or should I call their support and see what the dealio is.

As long as you got a confirmation email from them when you placed the order you are good. You will receive another email when it is available to download. AFAIK it won't show up under My Games until you download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom