• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

I still have not received a feedback from Steam Support about the ban of my "marketing gone wrong" collection on Steam Greenlight. The collection features 68 games which uses prominent feminine attributes on the Greenlight game cover.

What feedback are you expecting? Seems pretty obvious to me the collections are meant to be of things you want to promote, not to call out things you don't like.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
IndieGala is a little late for Halloween:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- You have to play this on Christmas.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Huntsman the Orphanage -- MB-15D1434A80A2F21A - Taken by Eanan

adaen

Thanks dude!

Seems I won MK Collection, thanks for that, even though it says there I didnt :S

Yeah, it says I won and I did receive a PM from ModBot, too. Seems like a hickup.
No worries though, I just received a spare code from a friend.

LTTP: Thanks Deques for the Ignite earlier today.

Eanan

IndieGala is a little late for Halloween:

Many thanks for this, ive had my eye on it for a while.

Ill make sure to play it after I have my hearty 6 course Christmas dinner, it might help with the digestion.

Yeah, it says I won and I did receive a PM from ModBot, too. Seems like a hickup.
No worries though, I just received a spare code from a friend.

LTTP: Thanks Deques for the Ignite earlier today.

Oh thats a bit odd, hopefully the guy who runs modbot will see this, and figured out what went wrong. I thought modbot was just messing up again with the post edit, never saw 2 people get a winning PM for the same give away before.

Jusoni

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEAR -- MB-D2C9E3657ABC9E2E - Taken by derExperte. 8 entrants total.

t1384373025z1.png

What does FEAR stand for? Fuck everything and run.

Wok

What feedback are you expecting? Seems pretty obvious to me the collections are meant to be of things you want to promote, not to call out things you don't like.

Well, first, I don't believe my collection was in violation with the Terms of Service. Second, if the problem is a question of promoting games rather than collecting similar games, I could rephrase the description better anyway.

Due to reporting of content that violates the Steam Terms of Service, the content in question has been removed from the Steam Community.

It is our policy not to provide specific feedback on removed content.

Hmmm...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I added Guardians of Middle Earth to my Steam account via the Humble Bundle. Since they changed the ways keys redeem automatically to your account, I wondered if it would automatically remove the game from my wishlist.

Turns out the answer is no.

Valve really needs to fix that, or hire me to fix that (and other things).

I added Guardians of Middle Earth to my Steam account via the Humble Bundle. Since they changed the ways keys redeem automatically to your account, I wondered if it would automatically remove the game from my wishlist.

Turns out the answer is no.

Valve really needs to fix that, or hire me to fix that (and other things).

so damn annoying. Only stuff bought through Steam comes off the wishlist, and since I basically don't buy anything through them anymore...constently have to go through my wish list and remove what i have
by pressing the awesome Enhanced Steam button

JakeD

one more!

ModBot said:
Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

HuntsmanThe Orphanage Halloween Edition -- MB-EFC2E82A4BA3B926 - Taken by scorpscarx

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
hah, so what happens is that modbot has a PM queue. Every time it runs a heartbeat, it tries to clear that PM queue. First it tries to send with ModBot 1. If it gets an error (most commonly PM throttle), then it moves to ModBot 2, then ModBot 3. It only removes the PM from the queue if it gets a success response from gaf. Try to send PM during site hiccup -> get back error -> move to next bot -> send successfully -> user gets two PMs for that reason. Sorry for the spam.

Purkake4

Banned
hah, so what happens is that modbot has a PM queue. Every time it runs a heartbeat, it tries to clear that PM queue. First it tries to send with ModBot 1. If it gets an error (most commonly PM throttle), then it moves to ModBot 2, then ModBot 3. It only removes the PM from the queue if it gets a success response from gaf. Try to send PM during site hiccup -> get back error -> move to next bot -> send successfully -> user gets two PMs for that reason. Sorry for the spam.
It's like a modbot bucket brigade.

jshackles

so damn annoying. Only stuff bought through Steam comes off the wishlist, and since I basically don't buy anything through them anymore...constently have to go through my wish list and remove what i have
by pressing the awesome Enhanced Steam button

There is literally no reason redeeming a key shouldn't

• Remove the game from your wishlist, if it's on your wishlist
  • Put it in your activity feed (jshackles now owns Guardians of Middle Earth)
  • Be able to redeem them on the website without having to use the Steam app
The last one especially bugs me, since they've obviously set up a web API for doing just this and given Humble access to it.

bloke

Won't be needin' this...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-E65CAB599035BAD9 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-DC2944C69C5E5735 - Taken by fokkusu

get based
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Huntsman: The Orphanage -- MB-8504081C9DE99410 - Taken by kadab

Alright let's see if I screwed this up or not.

Please only take the DLC if you have the base game.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Guardians of Middle Earth Smaugs Treasure DLC -- MB-E95D8303390CBEE7 - Taken by Gez
Gotham City Imposters Pro Kit -- MB-01F56FCE883675E3 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Batman Arkham Origins DLC Skins Pack -- MB-F0F5D01885BF8374 - Taken by C00kie M0nster
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-704B3F4C170E3C93 - Taken by nightstorm

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Beat Gunpoint. Incredible. I love how simply
kicking down doors makes you feel like a god in the end

This will end up pretty high in my goty list, loved it.

where's that website that lets you purchase full boar for a dollar? that bundle looks like junk i don't think i'd want outside of FB which i'm not even too sure of in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom