• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

There was a time when everyone was giving and asking for coupons and I was tempted to make a joke saying that I don't need Coupons because I have Copons on Steam. I never did that joke. I think it was for the best. 2/10.

Every Co
u
pons on Steam couldn't ever match a single Monk preaching the first screenshot of any single batch uploaded!

2/10 as in next-gen consoles reviews? BURRRRRN

lol I understand, I'll take note for next time.

You better do!

That's odd. I've gotten DLC for games I don't own in the past, but I went directly through Steam rather than redeeming keys.

Yeah haven't seen it before.

Even with the middle-earth game, you need to redeem the base game before it will let you redeem the DLC (after a page refresh).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They aren't going to add them to the bundle pages. They've said on the steam forums to email them directly at info@11bitstudios.com and they'll send the key. This led to their email being paralysed for a couple of days but it's back up now. They haven't said what they'd need as proof but I added a pic of my bundle page.
Does the Android-only bundle count for this? Because I own it from there, but no game in that bundle came with a PC version.

topyy

Happy birthday to me! ^^ I told earlier that I will be doing a small giveaway. Here it is

It's semi big one. This is a code drop of most spares that I have been collecting during this year. I am bad at organizing leftovers so you have to excuse me if they are used. I hope that all these are unused codes

thanks for SPAZ

yep
edit: never say no to panda

My first giveaway through ModBot!

For the FEAR, Batman and LotR games, copy/paste the Humble URL https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key= in front of the code you get.

I only recently dug up Showdown and Ether Vapor in an old file, so I'm about 80% sure they work.

Thanks for Eter Vapor, the key was already used but no worries.

Has anyone here played Long Live The Queen yet? Grabbing it after work today and wanted to know some people's thoughts on the game.

I'm really liking long live the queen. It's similar to a recent rash of games with multiple endings, which boil down to you plugging away at different algorithms searching for a new ending. While trying to win, of course. Papers, Please did this as well, but I think LLTQ is more upfront. I might start writing some of the 'minimum points necessary' blocks just so I'm not just randomly inputting values.

Played a bit just now. I got killed by bandits and was poisoned, but a crushed a rebellion and executed bad people. My goal to be a ruthless empress will be achieved some day!

turns out the best game of thrones game is actually long live the queen

yoshizzle

Anything awesome happen today? This is the fastest moving thread on GAF and I can't keep up with it because of my work.

The following games/dlc were added to the Humble WB Bundle:

F.E.A.R.
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Guardians of Middle Earth + DLC
Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit
The Millennium Skins Pack for Batman™: Arkham Origins

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can someone point me to the post on how to handle modbotting these new humble bundle gifts?

blK0Ayk.png

click gift box, say ok

sEdxKbs.png

right click link, click copy

link looks like:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=5bkz7df7df7abc7890
(not a real key)

make PM to modbot
subject: register whatever
body:
Dope Ass Batman Skinz For Ur Mans - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=5bkz7df7df7abc7890
JUNIORSONLY
SHORTRAFFLE

send PM

take modbot's reply, press the quote button. select the text that shows up, copy it, paste it in a reply here.

Does the Android-only bundle count for this? Because I own it from there, but no game in that bundle came with a PC version.

They've caved and added them to humble bundles, but only PC & Android 7, and the 11 Bit Studios weekly bundle. You could always try emailing them as they never specified which bundle you had to have got them from when they first said to contact them directly. Worst that could happen is they say 'nope, sorry'.

has anything been said about how dark souls 2 will handle character data? i could never play DS1 on PC for long bc everyone who invaded was hacking and it just wasn't that fun. but i play it on console and i feel like i'm on an even level with everyone which is immensely important for a game like that, to me personally.

is DS2 going to have some sort of anti cheat/character on servers devices or is it going to be vulnerable to hackers again? i really want dat pc prettiness but it's not worth it if i know every invader could be some douche cheating. even the 10fps of blighttown couldn't keep me from only wanting to play it on xbox bc of that

Lunaniem

Have a couple of extra Humble Bundle games to giveaway. :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. -- MB-BB64B658B29C0915 - Taken by Khronico. 5 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-FB6C099D42760361 - Taken by DJ Crimson. 1 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-8A856DECC9EDB7A4 - Taken by Remij. 7 entrants total.
Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit -- MB-EF8EC762FCBBEA9D - Taken by tylergregg. 3 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-B7C56B673D7696AC - Taken by cicero. 2 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-67F0D6F0D35EFECA - Taken by PixyJunket. 1 entrants total.

t1384387200z1.png

Grief.exe

has anything been said about how dark souls 2 will handle character data? i could never play DS1 on PC for long bc everyone who invaded was hacking and it just wasn't that fun. but i play it on console and i feel like i'm on an even level with everyone which is immensely important for a game like that, to me personally.

is DS2 going to have some sort of anti cheat/character on servers devices or is it going to be vulnerable to hackers again? i really want dat pc prettiness but it's not worth it if i know every invader could be some douche cheating. even the 10fps of blighttown couldn't keep me from only wanting to play it on xbox bc of that

I played 150 hours of Dark Souls on PC and never once ran into a hacker. Could be luck, but a game like Dark Souls would not hold the attention of a cheater for very long.
Some of the enjoyment of the game comes from overcoming that challenge and becoming a better player. That would be lost on someone who just cheats their way to an impossible soul level.

Dark Souls 2 will likely have greater protection from hackers through the use of dedicated servers. If they control everything on the server side, then they will know what should and shouldn't be possible in the game.
GFWL P2P implementation just sets the connection and then doesn't give a fuck. Frankly, the service doesn't give a fuck even before the connection.

Caerith

XBox was just as vulnerable to hacks as the PC. PS3 was the only "safe" version.

I played 150 hours of Dark Souls on PC and never once ran into a hacker. Could be luck, but a game like Dark Souls would not hold the attention of a cheater for very long.
Some of the enjoyment of the game comes from overcoming that challenge and becoming a better player. That would be lost on someone who just cheats their way to an impossible soul level.

Dark Souls 2 will likely have greater protection from hackers through the use of dedicated servers. If they control everything on the server side, then they will know what should and shouldn't be possible in the game.
GFWL P2P implementation just sets the connection and then doesn't give a fuck. Frankly, the service doesn't give a fuck even before the connection.
When did you last play Dark Souls PC? Nowadays, it's full of people running around with impossible weapons that inflict Curse on hit, etc. Well, the Undead Burg is at least, I guess it's not as fun to troll people above level 5. But yeah, fortunately Dark Souls 2 being on dedicated servers should mitigate most of this.

Grief.exe

When did you last play Dark Souls PC? Nowadays, it's full of people running around with impossible weapons that inflict Curse on hit, etc. Well, the Undead Burg is at least, I guess it's not as fun to troll people above level 5. But yeah, fortunately Dark Souls 2 being on dedicated servers should mitigate most of this.

Not since launch, so things may have changed in my absence.

I want to do other play throughs constantly, but I don't want to fall into that hole again.

XBox was just as vulnerable to hacks as the PC. PS3 was the only "safe" version.

it's all anecdotal obviously as we all have diff experiences...i had a high proportion of cheaters when i played on pc probably bc it's just so easy to do...on xbox i really didn't see many at all, but the nice thing was i could easily report their GTs and if they did cheat they probably didn't stick around for long, which is one of the only good things about the closedness of live, they do ban systems for things like that so it's risky.

great to hear DS2 is on dedicated servers! Will definitely go pc in that case.

Caerith

Not since launch, so things may have changed in my absence.

I want to do other play throughs constantly, but I don't want to fall into that hole again.
Which hole, the Abyss or...?

Do you think From will patch out GFWL and add (Steam) Achievements?

it's all anecdotal obviously as we all have diff experiences...i had a high proportion of cheaters when i played on pc probably bc it's just so easy to do...on xbox i really didn't see many at all, but the nice thing was i could easily report their GTs and if they did cheat they probably didn't stick around for long, which is one of the only good things about the closedness of live, they do ban systems for things like that so it's risky.

great to hear DS2 is on dedicated servers! Will definitely go pc in that case.
Speaking of different experiences, there is one way to practically ensure you're never invaded even when un-hollowed: SL1 playthrough.

Freezard

Enjoy this classic.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. -- MB-38E4B7C0F4C06B9A - Taken by rainking187

The_Monk

I really want Dark Souls II to be great on PC and Hacker-free. It can be an amazing experience and it's one of my most wanted/hyped games even if I never finished Dark Souls. *runs*

I've never seen an obvious hacker in dark souls. Even if they were I wouldn't care that much because getting an invader and thinking "oh crap" is part of the fun.

Maybe if I tried to play PvP or something I'd think differently.

The_Monk

Take me with you, I've yet to finish it. Love it though.

I've had 50 Hours on the PS3, now I don't have the game and the console anymore, I'm not sure if I could start all over again on PC so I might just start fresh with Dark Souls 2. From what I've seen It's looking great, just hope for a great and active Community and a good port without needing Durante to work on fixing it.

getting invaded IS fun as shit, but only because you can stomp on people and make them regret trying to fuck with you. it's nothing but frustrating if someone has hacked gear, believe me.

thanks backdrifter for waking mars! that must be the 30th raffle i've entered for that game on GAF lol.

rtcn63

S & O on the 360... I was so close... but I realized then that Dark Souls is just too hardcore for me. Or more accurately, I'm too impatient and unskilled for it. Stopped having fun at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom