• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnomed

heh, while I'm no fan of Polygon, I really like some of their long form journalistic articles. The one about the downfall of Kaos Studios and the recent one about the creation of Xbox Live are pretty good.

Good to hear about the Xbox One controller. I'll most likely end up buying both an Xbox One and DS4 controllers just to have that sweet choice on PC.

This. I tend to prefer to read things about the gaming industry that has already occurred. When it comes to current trends, it's pretty horrible.

Back on subject to Steam, update your newsfeed or something. Tired of seeing the same 5 year old review from Kotaku for Super Street Fighter IV.

FOX_

Neo Member
I opened Polygon to read Gies' Killzone review, proceeded to watch 10 minutes of their horrendous stream, and now I'd rather do all of the above.

Perhaps a bottle of good drink would do the trick to liven up these three gentlemen's dissection of the console.

rtcn63

I loosely rate modern review sites by how well their videos sync with whatever adult fiction I've left moaning in the background.

Caerith

Thank you for Gish. :)

I'm so determined to 100% Arkham Asylum. I started getting those really rare, less than 1% achievements and I just wanted to keep going. I might use a guide for the Riddler challenges though.
The Riddler challenges aren't that bad once you find the maps. The hard part I think is the Challenges.

FOX_

Neo Member
This. I tend to prefer to read things about the gaming industry that has already occurred. When it comes to current trends, it's pretty horrible.

Back on subject to Steam, update your newsfeed or something. Tired of seeing the same 5 year old review from Kotaku for Super Street Fighter IV.

I suppose the newsfeed could do with a bit of an overhaul.

cicero

I blame them for costing Obsidian their bonus on New Vegas.

I know the guy is gone now, but it should have never happened.
I thought that happened because they had New Vegas hit the 84% Metacritic score instead of the bonus of 85%. What did RPS have to do with that?

John Walker made RPS very unlikeable to me..
Indeed. I basically stopped reading RPS after he decided to make his own personal worldview about gender into some overblown crusading agenda for RPS. I never had a problem with the writers taking a position, I just don't want to have it promoted and defended as if it was some inherently superior moral imperative. I just wanted to read interesting news and opinions about PC games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
there are lotsa haters though
Yeah, but fuck 'em.

It's more the fact that people/its fans say they're "different" from the bigger sites when in fact they're pretty much the same and suffer from the same bullshit. They just get more love because "they're former reviewers/staff from bigger sites who quit and formed their own" thus giving them a "heroic" image.

Colin.

anyone in the US ever get a "foreign transaction fee" from their bank from buying bundlestars bundles? its only 10 cents per bundle but it seems a little lame, especially cause i use google wallet which im assuming is US based

I've not purchased anything from bundlestars yet. But they are UK based, so the payment would be taken primarily in £, unless you specify otherwise (selecting your own currency during payment). I discovered this bank charge last year when buying something from the Amazon.com Winter sale, but my charge was a lot more than 10 cents (£1.25). My solution was to get a credit card that has a 0% exchange rate fee. It's ideal if you spend in other currencies from time to time, and stops you getting a shit exchange rate, or bank fees.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I thought that happened because they had New Vegas hit the 84% Metacritic score instead of the bonus of 85%. What did RPS have to do with that?

That's the case. I just blame them more than others because they should have known better.

It's more the fact that people/its fans say they're "different" from the bigger sites when in fact they're pretty much the same and suffer from the same bullshit. They just get more love because "they're former reviewers/staff from bigger sites who quit and formed their own" thus giving them a "heroic" image.
I don't believe this is true at all but okay.

Cth

Speaking of Steam glitches..

I recently unlocked a badge for having 250 games and the date is wrong.

Anyone else notice anything along those lines?

JakeD

I've not purchased anything from bundlestars yet. But they are UK based, so the payment would be taken primarily in £, unless you specify otherwise (selecting your own currency during payment). I discovered this bank charge last year when buying something from the Amazon.com Winter sale, but my charge was a lot more than 10 cents (£1.25). My solution was to get a credit card that has a 0% exchange rate fee. It's ideal if you spend in other currencies from time to time, and stops you getting a shit exchange rate, or bank fees.

yeah the google wallet transaction was in pounds. i don't remember seeing an option to change it, but i'll try that next time. definitely not worth getting a new card over in my case. thanks

Caerith

This conversation should probably get its own thread, like maybe "Gaming News Sites -- Review Thread," but meh.

Giant Bomb doesn't give me reason to distrust it. That makes it different from the bigger sites.

FOX_

Neo Member
This conversation should probably get its own thread, like maybe "Gaming News Sites -- Review Thread," but meh.

Giant Bomb doesn't give me reason to distrust it. That makes it different from the bigger sites.

And, of course, we'll always good ol' Yahtzee to head up the criticism on ZP.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
RPS until people had a meltdown about gender issues. After that maybe uhhh...

... TinyCartridge is pretty well liked among its target audience.

Indeed. I basically stopped reading RPS after he decided to make his own personal worldview about gender into some overblown crusading agenda for RPS. I never had a problem with the writers taking a position, I just don't want to have it promoted and defended as if it was some inherently superior moral imperative. I just wanted to read interesting news and opinions about PC games.

Pretty much. I think that well written articles/videos are beneficial to the meta discussion of this medium...but what happened to RPS is an example of people taking advocacy too far to the extreme.

Those are in Arkham City. Arkham Asylum is just "find what the Riddler's talking about and take a picture."

I was a big fan of the batman comics as a child so I found the references to obscure characters in that universe quite enjoyable.

FOX_

Neo Member
It's GFWL.

Wish that the death throes of the U.S.S. GFWL wouldn't be quite so protracted. Capcom still hasn't announced when it's removing it from afflicted games, to my knowledge. Not sure about Dark Souls at the present.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Our top ten most generous givers (number of games given that were claimed) since the beginning of ModBot history:
#1 JaseC (183 titles!)
#2 chugen
#3 xelios
#4 jshackles
#5 KarmaCow
#6 DyslexicAlucard
#7 Lain
#8 MRORANGE
#9 Gvaz
#10 Dusk Golem

Huh. Figured I would have fallen off that list after being gone for two months.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They've caved and added them to humble bundles, but only PC & Android 7, and the 11 Bit Studios weekly bundle. You could always try emailing them as they never specified which bundle you had to have got them from when they first said to contact them directly. Worst that could happen is they say 'nope, sorry'.
I haven't bought any of those games, so it seems I'll miss out on that game. I wouldn't feel comfortable begging them for a key, especially when I don't deserve it in the first place, because the other bundle the game was featured in didn't have any PC games.

No big deal, though. I'm not interested in the game, and it would have only served to increase my library count.

Made it to Olmec twice tonight in Spelunky using no shortcuts, came close both times to beating him only to screw up in the last second.... So disheartening, I did get the casanova achievement though at least.

I'm starting to get good enough to reliably reach Olmec without using shortcuts but still have a bad run every now and then. It's amazing how you really do get better at Spelunky over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom