• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh I do not like Guardians of Middle-Earth.

I'll give it credit for doing it's best to easily explain what all the various items, menus, and set-ups are. I didn't prefer them, but it's nice gamepad support was functional. The game itself though just feels like what I've already gone through years ago with DOTA, but with less interesting variation between it's characters and designs. Perhaps if I was willing to spend money to buy some characters it would get better, but I cant do that for what I know I'll never be that invested in. I only really played the original DOTA because friends were doing so all those many years ago and I'm not really in the mood to do what feels mostly the same, with less to change it up.

I'll still give it a few more tries to convince me, but I'm just not sure. Any suggestions on how I could make it feel more unique, perhaps "out there" characters/builds or strategies?. Mind you my favourite hero in DOTA was the Prophet, whom I loved to raise an army of tree grunts and take out all the towers rather than bother with any hero killing (I'm not big on PVP, I save that for team mates to focus on).

I really want a Lord Of The Rings tower defence game now however.

The_Monk

I really want a Lord Of The Rings tower defence game now however.

I would be okay with that too, actually.

I finished Defense Grid: The Awakening kinda recently and I've been wanting a modern game like that, with great art work and nice details, like water, particles and weather environments (it may sound strange, I know).

Caerith

I would be okay with that too, actually.

I finished Defense Grid: The Awakening kinda recently and I've been wanting a modern game like that, with great art work and nice details, like water, particles and weather environments (it may sound strange, I know).
I want a Pokemon tower defense MMO.

Oh, and Defense Grid 2 is still happening, isn't it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh I do not like Guardians of Middle-Earth.

Perhaps if I was willing to spend money to buy some characters it would get better, but I cant do that for what I know I'll never be that invested in.

FYI: all of the DLC for this game is cosmetic. It just changes your character into a more famous LOTR character but doesn't actually change your build/stats/abilities.

KenOD

FYI: all of the DLC for this game is cosmetic. It just changes your character into a more famous LOTR character but doesn't actually change your build/stats/abilities.

Thank you for that information. Rather disappointing though, means the game can't really improve for me.

I want a Pokemon tower defense MMO.

Oh, and Defense Grid 2 is still happening, isn't it?

They are still working on it. They showed an alpha build a few months ago and should be at beta by now. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-29-see-defense-grid-2-in-action-for-the-first-time

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 48 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Electronic Super Joy -- MB-24A0602A2145987D - Taken by PandaPedinte
Ravaged: Zombie Apocalypse -- MB-5FDE79513BD67EBF - Taken by damaph
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-68CBB0522C046244 - Taken by robbed
Zack Zero -- MB-AF210188E1114F74 - Taken by JBourne
Kings Bounty: The Legend -- MB-1E0406F433294C10 - Taken by Sarcasm
Jamestown -- MB-B1955DE7090C7F2A - Taken by DXLelouch153
FEAR -- MB-B9C022848D7E8D55 - Taken by Kirosia
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-89AA47E6A341A1E4 - Taken by gwynplaine
Primal Fears -- MB-5F80D2E4BCB3C813 - Taken by scorpscarx
Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box -- MB-2D48FFFF5E4B89F3 - Taken by RattleHead_
Men of War: Red Tide #2 -- MB-91A664FD7E1482AB - Taken by Bayonetta
Gotham City Imposters: Professional Kit -- MB-3F88C33194ECBAA2 - Taken by Kagemusha
Dead Space -- MB-C1C49FC47B83F901 - Taken by Morbid Angel
Men of War -- MB-8830E0DFDCADC48C - Taken by yoshizzle
Shelter -- MB-9458983318F66590 - Taken by Exuro
Kings Bounty: The Legend #2 -- MB-537A918ED46EECB2 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Kings Bounty: Armored Princess -- MB-0A1BFA3ED332EA2B - Taken by Kuroyume
PID -- MB-A95187586391AC6C - Taken by Clawww
MacGuffins Curse -- MB-8F03470557DA58F2 - Taken by JakeD
Duke Nukem -- MB-2CF98863BF777145 - Taken by Madrugador
Call of Juarez -- MB-0C9C450E7302163D - Taken by DukeBobby
Legends of Dawn -- MB-8DAEFAFF3378252C - Taken by cicero
Fortix -- MB-75D0E2DF7E8DB21C - Taken by random
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-4FBA9AE726BD3B39 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Men of War #2 -- MB-FA14627AA4F4B67F - Taken by Tolerance
Project Aftermath -- MB-7BBAD690D84FAFFD - Taken by Terra_Ex
Mirrors Edge -- MB-1F4652CA917800F9 - Taken by GuardsmanGreg
Retrovirus -- MB-97D27F9B35749552 - Taken by KenOD
Duke Nukem 2 -- MB-AA7CC46DB96956C2 - Taken by bobnowhere
Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North -- MB-2935F2C92DF41F5F - Taken by Saprol
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition -- MB-18EADABEA0A39635 - Taken by masterkajo
FEAR 2 -- MB-0FA8EBDD76694E7B - Taken by AsylumX
FEAR 3 -- MB-8812B20B66528D1E - Taken by Nabs
Star Wolves 3: Civil War -- MB-8FDDBC2A44F8698F - Taken by fernandes
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-72A061BBD3550724 - Taken by WavekSra
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-C9368E52C2CC6813 - Taken by OverHeat
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-3D5DA9A9993235AF - Taken by Anteater
The 39 Steps -- MB-AFB5483E3629DA9F - Taken by Newblade
Medal of Honor -- MB-63FAD08853649F7D - Taken by gabrielt16
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-B90E93FD9FE7D5BB - Taken by vvise
Naval Warfare -- MB-14197ABDECA6A81A - Taken by Kifimbo
McPixel -- MB-6C729AE6DD33BAB2 - Taken by Cody_D165
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-05143AB3D83B04E2 - Taken by Firehead
Greed Corp -- MB-9DA1B8B3979AB3EB - Taken by Cloudius12
Vessel -- MB-E6DF6D592A3836F3 - Taken by oipic
Men of War: Red Tide -- MB-CE4A9A2CB9B2F5CF - Taken by didamangi
Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-710EEAC22782F867 - Taken by t-ramp
Kings Bounty: Armored Princess #2 -- MB-32E4C0DEDE9B6F44 - Taken by rainking187

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Still not feeling Skullgirls, even given a "full demo" for free for a few days.

I at least like that they're attempting to hold the MvC2 flag up, but I'm not liking the characters or anything in it besides that. :/

oipic

Anonymous Benefactor, you're awesome! Thanks very much for Vessel.

Someone please claim (and play!) MacGuffin's Curse - it's a charming and wonderful little thing if you're into block puzzles.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh fuck. I took King's Bounty the Legend because I thought that was the only King's Bounty game I didn't own. It isn't. I owned it. I need Crossworlds. Gahhhh really sorry. First interested person can quote me if they want it. There's still a free copy in ModBot there too.

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
Thanks for the free Mirror's Edge Anonymous Benefactor! I was gonna buy the game during the Steam Summer Sale this year but ended up having to save up money for a move cross country.

rtcn63

Oh fuck. I took King's Bounty the Legend because I thought that was the only King's Bounty game I didn't own. It isn't. I owned it. I need Crossworlds. Gahhhh really sorry. First interested person can quote me if they want it. There's still a free copy in ModBot there too.

I'll take it stump

KenOD

Thanks anonymous. Of all the people I don't know who has given me a gift, you're the most recent.

What if ModBot is actually sentient and bought all those games to giveaway under the name of 'anonymous benefactor'?

I find that slightly more ridiculous than the notion ModBot is helping us in all these giveways to lull us into a false sense of security.

okayfrog

Banned
There is still a Batman AC GOTY available here -> go go go!

It fell on the second last post of a page, 50ppp and 100ppp, was posted during the night US time and is junior only so it probably got completely missed. Someone must want it!

Hey, would it be cool if I got the code and gave it to a friend? If not, I understand.

AsylumX

What if ModBot is actually sentient and bought all those games to giveaway under the name of 'anonymous benefactor'?

I know someone who loves these kind of theories.

Sooner or later ModBot will become self aware...

o0jxfR1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom