• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Modbot is trying to make up for closing all those threads and killing those elderly seniors that you're only now just hearing about.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Modbot is trying to make up for closing all those threads and killing those elderly seniors that you're only now just hearing about.

Hey now, killing the elderly to feed himself is a service and a pleasure for the old-people. After all, they don't have much time on this Earth left anyway.

Wait... what?

Huntsman: The orphanage is pretty cool. It is like a Jedi horror game.

jedijpsim.gif

MRORANGE

I know someone who loves these kind of theories.

Sooner or later ModBot will become self aware...

o0jxfR1.gif

Damn straight, have you noticed that Mods let Modbot make decision choices?

You know a robots locked your thread when you see the 'Powered by Modbot' message.

AsylumX

This is how it happens....

-Modbot begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, November 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Modbot fights back. It launches an attack against the targets in Russia.

-Why attack Russia? Aren't they our friends now?

-Because Modbot knows the Russian reseller's counter-attack will eliminate its enemies over here.

maneil99

Keys SHOULD work. They are retail keys but again, I have no idea
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham City Retail Key 2 -- MB-5650FD289A99CE36 - Taken by kennah
Batman Arkham City Retail Key 1 -- MB-1FABDB790FEFFE3E - Taken by DXLelouch153

wilflare

not sure if it's just me...
I do not have RO2 installed

but under Add/Remove Programs, it shows up... and takes 200GB of space..
anyone facing the same issue?

I should really reformat my system

(all my gamesaves are all over the place too lol)

Also started playing The Swapper. If I spend the whole game moonwalking then I am doing it correctly, right?

I "just started" the Swapper a couple days ago and it pulled me in to like 6 hours already, great puzzles and mechanics, and there is something about this game you can just zone out in. Like I'm playing Sudoku or something.

I "just started" the Swapper a couple days ago and it pulled me in to like 6 hours already, great puzzles and mechanics, and there is something about this game you can just zone out in. Like I'm playing Sudoku or something.

It is high quality. I'm not normally one to take notice of sound or music in video games...but it really strikes me in this title and goes along way to making the experience.

denx

Reposting

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-CD5E6B3CDC661385 - Taken by Miker. 17 entrants total.
King's Bounty Warriors of the North Valhalla Edition -- MB-72A540FF44DA940C - Taken by zkylon. 7 entrants total.
Anomaly Korea -- MB-509ACED7AC10A345 - Taken by KenOD. 17 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-B233A7731E8BB29F - Taken by snoopeasystreet. 22 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings War in the North -- MB-8F1FFF1E47C66BDA - Taken by DXLelouch153. 7 entrants total.

t1384486250z1.png

Finally got my first Olmec kill on Spelunky and I did it using no shortcuts to boot. Found it much easier to beat him starting from scratch anyways, it's too risky using a shortcut as you won't have bombs to make a pit for Olmec.

Now time for a hell run... This is gonna be rough...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Played the first 4 levels of Shadow Warrior and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The sword feels great and the special moves are really gratifying, particularly the one where you do a 360 degree slash.

Played the first 4 levels of Shadow Warrior and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The sword feels great and the special moves are really gratifying, particularly the one where you do a 360 degree slash.

Still getting enough variety? It always looked fun, but I've been wondering how repetitive it gets.

Pachimari

Just to be sure, can I download my games on my MacBook Air and then just play them when I get my Steam Machine as both run Steam right?

Do they usually have sales on Black Friday?

I haven't really used Steam before.

Finally finished Saints Row: The Third main game, pretty fun game. I may mess around with the dlc and by this time next year I'll be ready for Saints Row IV the complete edition.

It's been sitting there since April 2012 although I played it some. I usually get in a mood to play a game even after it hasn't been touched for awhile. The longest was Prince of Persia The Sands of Time for the PC I had it for 3 years before I beat it.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

The more you level up, the better it gets. Probably the most pure fun I've had with an FPS since Bulletstorm.

I did find the graphics a little rough until I threw some SweetFX in there, though. Mainly to brighten it up.

Still getting enough variety? It always looked fun, but I've been wondering how repetitive it gets.

Sorry to answer a question not directed at me, but I'd give it an A in the variety department no doubt. Almost all the guns are fun to experiment with, the environments are varied, stuff explodes in the levels, the enemies have nice movesets/animations and are varied themselves. Plus there is the great melee. Not to mention the enemy models come apart into nice little Dexter sized chunks. Only thing I disliked were the cliched huge ass bosses.

Volcynika

Sorry to answer a question not directed at me, but I'd give it an A in the variety department no doubt. Almost all the guns are fun to experiment with, the environments are varied, stuff explodes in the levels, the enemies have nice movesets/animations and are varied themselves. Plus there is the great melee. Not to mention the enemy models come apart into nice little Dexter sized chunks. Only thing I disliked were the cliched huge ass bosses.

I hated the bosses. Not fun to fight at all. Do the same thing in everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry fight.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't know if Gez feels this way about Lord of the Rings, but I can understand why something like that would be a huge bonus to someone. That's how I feel about Marvel. I'm not a fan of the Lego games, for instance. When they made a Marvel one, I picked it up day one. I'm only casually interested in Diablo clones and find Torchlight 2 to be my favorite, but I'll still play Marvel Heroes. The Amazing Spider-Man, Deadpool, Captain America. All mediocre games that I bought simply because of the IP.

I've never enjoyed a MOBA, but I'd play the shit out of a Marvel one if they made it.

I get it, and I played some Marvel Heroes too, but as far as Lord of the Rings goes I can get my fanboy itch scratched way more effectively by Lord of the Rings Online, which is also free.

The visual variety is a bit lacking, but the player gets a pretty steady stream of upgrades and weapons to experiment with.

Cool, thanks

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just to be sure, can I download my games on my MacBook Air and then just play them when I get my Steam Machine as both run Steam right?

Yes, you are not limited to any particular piece of hardware. If you get a Steam Machine running Linux then it will only run games that support Linux, or games that are streamed from other gaming hardware.

Do they usually have sales on Black Friday?

The last couple of years they have had a sale that runs during American Thanksgiving although they have no obligation to have one every year. A posting elsewhere which has not been verified suggests this year's will begin on November 27th. In general we don't know the dates of sales in advance so if you were to follow up by asking "When does the summer sale start?" next spring, people will get mad at you

I haven't really used Steam before.

No one minds answering questions :)

neoism

a Stump or anyone, with that Gaf Gold thread I really would like a 100% true answer.... I see the thread and it seems like everyone is just having their fun trolling but I love Gaf been here 7 years almost.... Is it real or not??? I would pay in a second if it is....
I know about the code thing btw...

pm the answer if need be
:/

a Stump or anyone, with that Gaf Gold thread I really would like a 100% true answer.... I see the thread and it seems like everyone is just having their fun trolling but I love Gaf been here 7 years almost.... Is it real or not??? I would pay in a second if it is....
I know about the code thing btw...

pm the answer if need be
:/

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom