• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsylumX

Any chance ModBot could be given a "Restricted to GAF Gold members" flag?

Ah, looks like you are one of those GAFfers who can't see the Gold Modbot eh? Oh well, better luck next year!

Shhh... Just between you and me....

arnold_schwarzenegger_terminator.jpg

a Stump or anyone, with that Gaf Gold thread I really would like a 100% true answer.... I see the thread and it seems like everyone is just having their fun trolling but I love Gaf been here 7 years almost.... Is it real or not??? I would pay in a second if it is....
I know about the code thing btw...

pm the answer if need be
:/

i2kaIrellaw9d.gif

Li Kao

Hmm, so I finished modern warfare 3 and didn't hate it. Strange. Then I played some multiplayer for the hell of it, but as I'm not the multi type that surely would be... wait, while this would surely become old fast, I, I didn't hate it either.
So Gaf, what about Battlefield ? I hear all kind of horror stories with the fourth one, but is the third still worth investing time into ? Is the community still there ?
I just played some hours at release and still could play the infamous solo and put some hours in the multi, but is it still lively ?

GAF so unstable lately, haha. A little off-topic, but DOTA 2 recently added a crafting system, and as a result Valve took off every item off the community market.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was supposed to give this away 2-3 days ago but forgot:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Survivor Squad -- MB-641E38CCD4089C21 - Taken by gabrielt16. 3 entrants total.

t1384497717z1.png

I'm fairly certain that I myself redeemed the Groupees key, but if this one doesn't work, just let me know and I'll get it sorted.

Tellaerin

I just wanted to say hello today to the steamGAF community before GAF goes down with the PS4 launch overdrive.

Hey, NJ! o/ Feels weird not to be caught up in the new system launch hype for once, but I'm starting to think PC gaming and Steam have ruined me for consoles. >.>

JaseC

I had a PS4 pre-ordered on Amazon, but I eventually cancelled it to make more room for the Autumn Sale.

All righty then... I just bought Skullgirls, man I like that game! And X Rebirth launches in a few more hours. Good gaming times ahead! If I can just find the time to play them both, lol.

Hey, NJ! o/ Feels weird not to be caught up in the new system launch hype for once, but I'm starting to think PC gaming and Steam have ruined me for consoles. >.>

Same here, since I have Steam I no longer have the urge to buy the new consoles on release date, I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying a PS4, but I'll wait probably a year until it has a nicer catalogue and maybe a price drop.

I can buy a gazillion steam games for the price of a PS4.

Caerith

The dates from the one from reddit were pretty much the same dates they always are, no? Just because it was on reddit and could very well have been a fake, a photoshop, or a delusion caused by replacing your brain with a tesla coil doesn't mean it's any less likely to be true.

Is it me or is Warner Bros. one of the best western publishers at the moment? Checking their games, and many are high quality, get sales often and they are released in many platforms.

I think they have one of the few western devs that also releases their games on Handhelds. :p

JaseC

WB can go jump off a cliff.

23 days ago Removed Batman: Arkham Asylum - License Revoking Tool from the package
23 days ago Removed Batman: Arkham Asylum from the package
30 days ago Added Batman: Arkham Asylum - License Revoking Tool to the package
30 days ago Added Batman: Arkham Asylum to the package
30 days ago Added name – Batman: Arkham Asylum GFWL Redemption
30 days ago Package was published in the database

If there were no key redemption issues, it would have been too late to change the contents of the sub, but, no, somebody had to screw up. :(

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Is it me or is Warner Bros. one of the best western publishers at the moment? Checking their games, and many are high quality, get sales often and they are released in many platforms.

I think they have one of the few western devs that also releases their games on Handhelds. :p

I'm not playing Lollipop Chainsaw on my PC so no.

Tizoc

Suda51 and PC would be a match made in heaven.
I could FINALLY play all those PS3 games with actually good looking graphics and proper 60 FPS.

FOX_

Neo Member
And meanwhile, in the cold dark world that is the PS4 launch, Hideo Kojima's "mind-blowing revelation" regarding MGS 5 is...exclusive DLC for the PS4 that lets you play as "Classic Snake"...a feature which was already present in MGS 4.

For God's sakes, man, enough with the nonsensical marketing and dancing around the bush, and focus on the major priority at hand: getting a better English voice director! That acting in the English prologue is atrocious, especially compared with the Japanese one. Kiefer, who is a wonderful actor in his own respect, appears to be half-dozing while reading off the script. And the less said about the comedically horrible line-delivery from the actor for Skullface, the better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elMikUGFfqw

A link to a discussion by other Gaffers regarding the quality of voicework in this segment: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685673

And as Daniel Plainview would say, I'm finished. Snake out.

Anteater

Suda games would probably do well on PC, aren't they relatively low budget and run on U3E? I would think it wouldn't cost much to port it over to maximize profit.

It's not like his games are like super popular first party exclusive to begin with >_>

Sarcasm

Is there no tutorial for Kings Bounty: The Legend? Got it from mod bot and starting playing it. I choose the mage and fought a Dragon. No explanations at all so far.

Aaron

Is there no tutorial for Kings Bounty: The Legend? Got it from mod bot and starting playing it. I choose the mage and fought a Dragon. No explanations at all so far.
Armored Princess has an extensive tutorial. Not sure what they waited until the sequel to do it.

Arthea

We survived PS4 launch? Good to know!

Yesterday someone asked about Mini Motor Racing EVO, I was busy working and couldn't answer, hopefully person in question will see this post.

I wouldn't say that Mini Motor is like Micro Machines, it's inspired by it most certainly, but it isn't like Micro Machines exactly. For one, you have only several cars to choose from and you are driver yourself. You have career runs hundreds of them, but tracks are few and repeated over and over again. You can tune your cars, make them faster, more responsive and so on. There are few frustrating tracks, few funny (Fruit Ninja anyone?). I still haven't tried multiplay, as I was under impression a game isn't popular, I think no one on my fl plays it, although some people do have it, so I can't comment on that.
All in all, I get tired real fast while playing it, it's so intense, also it's another "what are brakes the game". I'm in expert part of the races now, I haven't dropped from max speed once. That and intensity keep me coming back, but in all honesty, it's not very good game.
Hope it helps

As far as I can remember there is no tutorial in conventional sense, but very first side quest is going to the test or teacher, I can't quite remember which and it is tutorial and quest.

edited: give this game a chance, you won't regret it. It takes time to get good and grasp all things to grasp, but it's one of the games that can be played like forever, coming back when you feel like it and doing some admirable deeds.
It lasts forever too, well, almost forever, for reasons I won't mention now, better to explore it with open mind.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I CANNOT fucking believe I missed out on that Outrun giveaway in GAF gold. Serves me right for not checking that fucking forum enough...

I thought it was just an ancientGAF circle-jerk, but I somehow never saw the Steam Giveaway thread until today :(((((((((((

Deques

I CANNOT fucking believe I missed out on that Outrun giveaway in GAF gold. Serves me right for not checking that fucking forum enough...

I thought it was just an ancientGAF circle-jerk, but I somehow never saw the Steam Giveaway thread until today :(((((((((((

GAF gold? How do I become a gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom