• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have they ever stripped Uplay from a game?

I know you're being obtuse, but, no, not to my knowledge; however, Ubi forgoing Uplay isn't unheard of (e.g. Rayman Origins), so the logical conclusion that Ubi may offer a DRM-free flavour of a previously-Uplay-tethered game isn't a leap.

DTKT

I love how Origin is straight up lying about my download speed. It's doubling the speed that I'm actually downloading at.

Silex

Since we are on the topic on uPlay, I'm really annoyed at having to manually close the Uplay window after playing Blood Dragon (for example). Is there any way to disable it?
I don't mind having 2 clients gaming clients installed (with Steam), but I really don't want to see any stupid social stuff which Ubisoft thinks I'm interested in. Not to mention it screws up BPM.

JaseC

I love how Origin is straight up lying about my download speed. It's doubling the speed that I'm actually downloading at.

Such in the price you pay for EA maintaining a "meaningful relationship" with you. :p

JaseC

Since we are on the topic on uPlay, I'm really annoyed at having to manually close the uPlay window after playing Blood Dragon (for example). Is there any way to disable it?
I don't mind having 2 clients gaming clients installed (with Steam), but I really don't want to see any stupid social shit which Ubisoft thinks I'm interested in. Not to mention it screws up BPM.

Nope. Prior to an update earlier in the year you also had to launch a Uplay game after loading it from within Steam, so Ubi's solution, unsurprisingly, was to meet halfway. I'd sure love for, at least, an option to have the individualised instances of Uplay to close after quitting the game proper.

Derrick01

Banned

I got something absurd like 40mb/s once on a ME3 DLC, which is 4 times the speed I get from my provider. They don't even try to hide their bullshit.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Bah, I didn't win a Full Bore key from Toma. :(

Oh well, guess I'll just buy the game instead then!

Silex

Nope. Prior to an update earlier in the year you also had to launch a Uplay game after loading it from within Steam, so Ubi's solution, unsurprisingly, was to meet halfway. I'd sure love for, at least, an option to have the individualised instances of Uplay to close after quitting the game proper.

It seems so weird, considering Ubisoft really did improve their relation with Steam at least.
The situation is now much better then previously when you had to launch games from the Uplay manually, kudos to them, but now the issue doesn't even have anything to do with steam - the Uplay client itself sucks and forcibly puts those messages.

Steam has a similar option, where you see ads after games, and you could disable it for years. Here they are actively pushing social stuff - not even ads - and you can't escape them.

Anteater

Sooooo...

I just reached 999 Games...
2be9fb4a441571e581c96556d6988f34f46509de_m.gif

Thanks for MK!

Knurek

What the hell, I don't have Cherry Tree High School Comedy Club? I could've sworn I bought the game...

Why didn't I check vs Steam store when buying Groupees Doujin Bundle? fml...

wazoo

No vsync on Contrast, I will try to play with drivers option, but tearing is mad (and the game is above 60fps, so WTF)

EDIT : it is Unreal Engine

EDIT : now it is perfect thanks Radeonpro

Li Kao

Ok, I think I must have other things to do with my life than refreshing this damn facebook page in order to lose at a lousy giveaway and to contribute at the well being of people I never met who will gladly sell my personal infos.

I'm watching the Giantbomb Stream, so I'm wondering if I should watch the Twitter Feed of just watch this thread.. :p

I kinda want to play something, but I also want to keep watching the Twitter feed so I can win something else to play. Life's hard like that.

I'll post here when the headsup goes live on Twitter.

There is probably no word on whether or not Bethesda plans to remove GFWL from Fallout 3 huh?

There's a mod out there that removes it completely, so I'm not sure they'll ever even bother.

I kinda want to play something, but I also want to keep watching the Twitter feed so I can win something else to play. Life's hard like that.

I'll post here when the headsup goes live on Twitter.

There's a mod out there that removes it completely, so I'm not sure they'll ever even bother.

True, but cards and Steam achievements would be sweet

Hagi

Is there any good deals for Mass Effect or Dragon Age Origin? it would seem i missed Mass Effect when it was on sale around Halloween.

Nearly at 70 games on Steam thanks to the WB humble bundle. Might have to start playing them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom