• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the same fellow GAFfer and I even clicked on the "Ok" button too but then it went to the page saying there was no codes, it was strange indeed.

Indeed my friend, that was the exactly thing it happened to me. After that I only received a message that there was no codes to give away!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I did the same fellow GAFfer and I even clicked on the "Ok" button too but then it went to the page saying there was no codes, it was strange indeed.
Indeed my friend, that was the exactly thing it happened to me. After that I only received a message that there was no codes to give away!
It's just that between you entered your email and name and pressed OK to allow the app to have access to your timeline, they ran out of keys.

There were only 50.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What does that mean? I keep finding contradictory definitions when searching the term.

low punch, low punch, medium punch, medium punch, medium punch, medium kick, medium kick, medium kick, high kick, high kick, high kick...

14 hit combo!

repeat. Winner!

Basically, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. You can make a combo that requires very little timing on your part and it's unblockable by the other user. Sure, Skullgirls has a special command that allows you to get out of a combo being performed on you, but the fact that you need to do something special to get out of a combo, because it's so easy for the other user to perform that combo on you is a dead giveaway that it's a dial-a-combo system.

Street Fighter, for instance, requires much more precise timing (more with some characters, less with others), is combos are harder (ie, require a better execution on your part) and I think that's a better kind of fighting game.

Usually, this is a very disputed subject and people who like one kind usually dislike the other, so I don't want to start a fight or anything. Skullgirls is an amazing game, I just don't like the way it plays that much.

fantomena

Is Blacklist worth 22€? I feel it's very cheap since it's more "Splinter Cell" than Conviction ever was.

Im even planning on playing it very soon.

rtcn63

Is Blacklist worth 22€? I feel it's very cheap since it's more "Splinter Cell" than Conviction ever was.

... Maybe. I quite liked it, did most of the side missions (all the stealth ones). They're what make the game, not the story ones. Could be worth if you have someone to coop with.

Currently replaying Conviction, and Blacklist is definitely a better (more fun) game.

I don't know what's going on with the wolves among us keys, I don't much care either. I'm just here to thank The_Super_Inframan for what I won during the giveaway. Thanks buddy.

Khronico

Played it on PS3, its a really, REALLY good stealth game, and a really good Splinter Cell game. Almost as good as Chaos Theory, MUCH better than Conviction. Extremely high amounts of replayability as well.

Tecl0n

low punch, low punch, medium punch, medium punch, medium punch, medium kick, medium kick, medium kick, high kick, high kick, high kick...

14 hit combo!

repeat. Winner!

Basically, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. You can make a combo that requires very little timing on your part and it's unblockable by the other user. Sure, Skullgirls has a special command that allows you to get out of a combo being performed on you, but the fact that you need to do something special to get out of a combo, because it's so easy for the other user to perform that combo on you is a dead giveaway that it's a dial-a-combo system.

Street Fighter, for instance, requires much more precise timing (more with some characters, less with others), is combos are harder (ie, require a better execution on your part) and I think that's a better kind of fighting game.

Usually, this is a very disputed subject and people who like one kind usually dislike the other, so I don't want to start a fight or anything. Skullgirls is an amazing game, I just don't like the way it plays that much.

Interesting, thanks.

The_Monk

Damn, compared to The Walking Dead, A Wolf Among Us episode 1 feels like molasses in terms of pacing.

As a non-native English speaker I'm trying to understand what this means since I'm curious about the game.

Examples by google:

For economic reasons, producers preferred to stick with alcohol produced from grain or sugar beet molasses.

A number of Member States allocate sugar quotas to undertakings specializing in the production of sugar by extraction from molasses.

I feel ashamed now. Help.

Li Kao

As a non-native English speaker I'm trying to understand what this means since I'm curious about the game.

Examples by google:

For economic reasons, producers preferred to stick with alcohol produced from grain or sugar beet molasses.

A number of Member States allocate sugar quotas to undertakings specializing in the production of sugar by extraction from molasses.

Extra slow.

Edit - And as a non native English speaker, if I'm wrong I will look very silly ^_^

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I'm confused, please enlighten me.

Basically dial-a-combo is literally just inputting a combo like mk3,mk4 and they just come out with basically no execution/timing/skill required. Shit ton of licensed fighters do this like Naruto Clash of Ninja series before Ex/Rev3 or any other licensed anime fighter.

Certain games like Skullgirls and the VS series include really basic combos like ABC ground combo to abc air combo which ppl seem to consider dial-a-combo but really it's just the most basic combo in the game that anyone can use. Advanced combos will take skill/precise timing/execution to execute especially when you got things like 236 motions,632motions,214 motions, and full 632147896 motions along with unfly cancels. In skullgirls you also have the anti infinite system which means you can't exactly do the same thing over and over(you get 1-3 reps before the system kicks in) in a combo without adding a little variety.

You're not gonna be having to do SF4/KOF link combos where you gotta literally time almost every hit like parappa da rappa except for a few 1 frame links in skullgirls, but you still gotta time your combos right.

Quick example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faovh-VvUUI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxV_wZmx8Vo
not necessarily dial a combo is it?

I dig both styles of link combo games and chain combo games. They both offer different styles of play especially since SF4 is slow pace(especially with the really fucking slow snail movement compared to previous SF games that I wish Capcom would buff) and chain games are usually fasterpaced. There's also slow versions of chainstyle games like Injustice and fast pace link combo games like KOF. Also SF4 has a get out of combos button to which is basically any characters dragon punch type move, it doesn't get you out of every combo though since it's only when ppl mess up their link timing and ppl can bait you into dping for a free punish.

Examples by google:

I also have no idea what it means, but doesn't sound so good.

Examples by google:

it means it has a slow pace
dont worry though the comics start out slow too but get better as they go on

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Examples by google:

The others that have answered are correct, but it is also important to know why: molasses is a thick sugar substance (thicker than syrup) that is known for moving slowly when poured.

For further funtime reading, google the Boston Molasses Disaster.

Li Kao

The others that have answered are correct, but it is also important to know why: molasses is a thick sugar substance (thicker than syrup) that is known for moving slowly when poured.

You joke but I'm convinced that this type of explanation helps someone to remember what is explained. Be it a little humor, some fun facts, etc... don't go straight facts, straights facts are for my shopping list. You want me to keep the memory of what you teach me ? Package it with the weight of characterization.
I learnt a lot from silly readings.

Caerith

Examples by google:

Molasses has (have?) a very high viscosity, meaning they flow but incredibly slowly. Imagine maple syrup, only thicker.

Edit: beaten like 171 Bostonians.

This man knows what's up.

lol did u see that noob's speedtest gif his internets must be slow as molasses lol

The_Monk

Always learning with you all, thanks. So let me check if I got this:

"When there's no Steam Sale, the Steam thread feels like molasses."

Or

"Some fellow GAFfers are so sweet, some say they are like molasses."

Molasses can also be very toxic. There was a giant spill in Hawaii that suffocated a lot of ocean life.

If jase knows random steam and Saoirse trivia, I know a lot of sciencey facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom