• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Around 3 hours in The Swapper and I must say I'm very very impressed by the puzzles (and by the overall atmosphere of course).
I needed to resort to the internet just once and just because I totally didn't understand one of the mechanics
I was tricked into thinking that clones coulnd't move while the main guy (gal?) was in a teleport-thingy because, unlike when running on a wall, he doesn't move
and considering my completely spoiled attention span, I must say it's a great accomplishment for puzzle design!

Also, I don't understand how achievements work... are they story-related or there is random stuff I'm supposed to do to unlock them?

Copons

Each one is tied to a hidden room.

Oh thank you. So, time to explore twice as careful then!

EDIT: to expand a little.
I still don't know much about the story, but I must say, everytime a clone fall and die, it gives me an extremely awful feeling. That sound and the oxygen venting out (or whatever it is) totally give me the creeps.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would your nose start to bleed if she was eventually photographed playing on a Steambox?

That'd be like dividing by zero.

Molasses can also be very toxic. There was a giant spill in Hawaii that suffocated a lot of ocean life.

If jase knows random steam and Saoirse trivia, I know a lot of sciencey facts.

PUfxSS2.jpg

Man, I planned to build a new rig at the start of next year, and now DDR4 is coming out?

Respond to my PM already. :p

Blizzard

Banned
On a Steam note, Contrast came out today. The style and music seem very creative! It's apparently selling very poorly judging from the top sellers list, but it's also apparently 3 hours long for $15, and there are some bugs. I bought it but haven't played it yet.

On a non-Steam note, I saw this guy on TV in a restaurant today:
180px-whyddd9y.jpg

I know he must be a normal sports announcer person, but it was funny since my first reaction was still "Hey it's that guy from the internet!"

Divekick is crazy good. People think it's just one giant inside joke, but it's a really fun game.
I remember when i was talking about divekick with a friend of mine who said that It's basically an extreme simplification of the fighting genre, but it's amazing because it's succeeds at doing that, and if you know about fighting game mechanics, you mostly always win. I think i agree with him, after playing it.

FloatOn

2014 is the year to upgrade. Also the year I will have a pretty lucrative internship.

Coincidence?

Can't wait to kick a little back to SteamGAF through modbot when I have a bit of disposable income.

And this is why you are one of the good ones. I hope the internship treats you well.

I might have to lean on you and others here for advice on how to upgrade. My one friend that helped me build this machine moved and none of my other irl friends are savvy in the way of PC assembly.

On a Steam note, Contrast came out today. The style and music seem very creative! It's apparently selling very poorly judging from the top sellers list, but it's also apparently 3 hours long for $15, and there are some bugs. I bought it but haven't played it yet.

It's alright, but it's a little pricey.

AsylumX

I love Dota2 updates, I just made $1,78 in half an hour just by having fun. The good news is that now you can sell everything on the market...

Kinda late, but Blood Dragon is $9.99 today on the Humble Store even when it was $4.99 like three days ago?

Good thing I got it when it was cheap :p

jsrv

The first cpus that will actually use DDR4 are haswell extremes right or is it broadwell extremes? guess I'll just wait until Skylake

Milabrega

<Contrast and WHy guy stuff>

Yeah he hosts a daily show on ESPN at 5:30 every week day, funny that you know him from the why.jpg

Contrast was one of the most promising of all titles to ever appear on greenlight. Been watching some streams of it today, movement and camera seem super janky atm. Definitely something I'll be picking up down the line.

JaseC

Stuff:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dino D-Day -- MB-18EE5D0E45E0DFE7 - Taken by Clawww
Section 8 -- MB-22A05BE9B3F8E4E7 - Taken by Stumpokapow
The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-75C6D20EBDDD3A67 - Taken by denx
Shattered Horizon -- MB-4FE8E81B5EC28DFE - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition -- MB-BC785294D946680B - Taken by Atraveller
Legendary -- MB-D19A469A116CF887 - Taken by BorntoPlay

JaseC reply to my pm already.

But I'm out and on my phone! And by "out" I mean "in bed". And by "phone" I mean "laptop".

denx

Thanks JaseC for The Ship!

When I activated the game, two The Ship Complete packs were added to my inventory. I'm keeping one to give to my sister, but I'll give away the other. PM if you're interested.

oipic

Thanks for the turd JaseC, my mounting stack of garbage increases!

JaseC
Spares
(Today, 01:05 PM)

*giggle*

I think I'm glad I didn't dive into X Rebirth on day one - but... you know, SPACE, so I'm sort of conflicted. It looks great (for the most part), but my rig would probably struggle with it anyway.

Pennies saved for Banished and DayZ, which will both hopefully release sometime soon.

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-DA9D7A74AE18C4C8 - Taken by Khronico

JaseC

Big thanks to Atraveller for helping me out with Dynasty Warriors. AUD$65 well spent, I say.

Jase needs a tag for his givings.
JaseC
Spares Ronan
(Today, 01:05 PM)

love your work

It's okay, since I'm not one for tag fishing (I feel constantly begging for a tag or participating in a tag thread defeats the sense of reward or, if you're unfortunate, humiliation that generally comes with being tagged), I've accepted the fact that the only way I'm going to get one is if I become a mod and can set it myself. :p

Thanks for Legendary, JaseC!! =)

Enjoy! Well, try to enjoy it, anyway, because apparently it's shit. ;)

denx

Thanks based Agarest cards. Each one of them is selling for 1 dollar each more or less (the normal ones, I'm not talking about foils). Made enough gaben bucks to buy DE:HR Director's Cut.

I had given up on selling cards since most of them aren't worth shit anymore, so Agarest cards selling for such high prices was an awesome surprise. The lesson of the story: always keep an eye on the market, or at least do it every once in a while. I've had Agarest since release and up until now I didn't know the cards were selling so well.

Also, my spare The Ship is gone, so please don't send PM's my way. :p

JaseC

Thanks based Agarest cards. Each one of them is selling for 1 dollar each more or less (the normal ones, I'm not talking about foils). Made enough gaben bucks to buy DE:HR Director's Cut.

I had given up on selling cards since most of them aren't worth shit anymore, so Agarest cards selling for such high prices was an awesome surprise. The lesson of the story: always keep an eye on the market, or at least do it every once in a while. I've had Agarest since release and up until now I didn't know the cards were selling so well.

Also, my spare The Ship is gone, so please don't send PM my way. :p

It all adds up. I've made quiet a pretty penny from selling my stash over the past week.

Are you going to play it?

mq_003pxzvs.jpg

It all adds up. I've made quiet a pretty penny from selling my stash over the past week.
It does add up. I made almost 10 dollars selling some of my cards, and most of those were going for under 50 cents a pop (with like two foils thrown in). I figure I'll trade/buy for the rest of the cards for badges I want, and the rest can go to people who want them.

The lesson is anime sells. Even the 99 spirits cards are going for a decent amount given you get 8 of them.

JaseC

Guess not.

Honestly, the only games I see myself playing in the near future are Age 2 HD and the two upcoming AssCreed games (Black Flag and Liberation HD). But that's okay as games are designed to be added to libraries and looked at, not played.

Edit: Speaking of Black Flag, I need to buy the Season Pass.

Edit edit: AVGN Adventures is the Daily! I can cross it off my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom