• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Always learning with you all, thanks. So let me check if I got this:

"When there's no Steam Sale, the Steam thread feels like molasses."

Or

"Some fellow GAFfers are so sweet, some say they are like molasses."
Except the second one will fall flat. Most English-speakers know molasses only in the context of things being as slow as it, so the immediate connotation is not "ah, sweet like a viscous byproduct of sugar refinement" but probably "did he call me slow?"

Khronico

SteamGAF moves quickly, my humble apologies if this is old-old news:

'Patch 2.0' for Crusader Kings II is introducing Steam Workshop support and achievements, among many other tweaks and fixes.

Paradox's dev studio may have had a (justified) reputation for skimping on pre-release QA in the past, but you sure can't fault them for their post-release support these days.

YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW EXCITED I AM RIGHT NOW.

Seriously, this is pretty awesome.

Basically dial-a-combo is literally just inputting a combo like mk3,mk4 and they just come out with basically no execution/timing/skill required. Shit ton of licensed fighters do this like Naruto Clash of Ninja series before Ex/Rev3 or any other licensed anime fighter.

Certain games like Skullgirls and the VS series include really basic combos like ABC ground combo to abc air combo which ppl seem to consider dial-a-combo but really it's just the most basic combo in the game that anyone can use. Advanced combos will take skill/precise timing/execution to execute especially when you got things like 236 motions,632motions,214 motions, and full 632147896 motions along with unfly cancels. In skullgirls you also have the anti infinite system which means you can't exactly do the same thing over and over(you get 1-3 reps before the system kicks in) in a combo without adding a little variety.

You're not gonna be having to do SF4/KOF link combos where you gotta literally time almost every hit like parappa da rappa except for a few 1 frame links in skullgirls, but you still gotta time your combos right.

Quick example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faovh-VvUUI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxV_wZmx8Vo
not necessarily dial a combo is it?

I dig both styles of link combo games and chain combo games. They both offer different styles of play especially since SF4 is slow pace(especially with the really fucking slow snail movement compared to previous SF games that I wish Capcom would buff) and chain games are usually fasterpaced. There's also slow versions of chainstyle games like Injustice and fast pace link combo games like KOF. Also SF4 has a get out of combos button to which is basically any characters dragon punch type move, it doesn't get you out of every combo though since it's only when ppl mess up their link timing and ppl can bait you into dping for a free punish.

This was pretty informative, thank you.

FloatOn

fucking hell.

x:rebirth runs pretty bad on my pc. It's not unplayable but pretty close to and as such it is severely limiting my enjoyment of the game.

It's getting to the point where I just look at this black monolith next to my tv in disgust.

It may just be time to upgrade.... :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I just bought it right now. Wondering whether to wait for it to be greenlit and play or play it now.

The game contains the first part atm, which will take you between 12-20 hours. If you wait for it to be greenlit, you get to play both parts at once (they have the second part already finished and are polishing it up atm). I am kinda glad I was already playing the first part and took my time to explore the 20 hours instead of rushing through both parts immediately. Really looking forward to part 2 (which will be a free update) :)

Thanks for Full Bore Toma!

You are welcome, hope you guys like it. Feel free to hop into the Full Bore thread if you have some questions/want some hints for a puzzle or just want to write some impressions.

Sajjaja

The game contains the first part atm, which will take you between 12-20 hours. If you wait for it to be greenlit, you get to play both parts at once (they have the second part already finished and are polishing it up atm). I am kinda glad I was already playing the first part and took my time to explore the 20 hours instead of rushing through both parts immediately. Really looking forward to part 2 (which will be a free update) :)

You are welcome, hope you guys like it. Feel free to hop into the Full Bore thread if you have some questions/want some hints for a puzzle or just want to write some impressions.

Question, I bought this but I didn't make an account at Indiegamestand. So how do I download it? I can't access the game wallet cause I don't have an account :S

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Question, I bought this but I didn't make an account at Indiegamestand. So how do I download it? I can't access the game wallet cause I don't have an account :S

You should have a received with an Indiegamestand link associated to the email address you used to buy the game. You'll need to create an account and then click the link/activate the key you got.

Not sure what you received though since I have an IGS account and all games just go to my "game wallet".

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
low punch, low punch, medium punch, medium punch, medium punch, medium kick, medium kick, medium kick, high kick, high kick, high kick...

14 hit combo!

repeat. Winner!

Basically, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. You can make a combo that requires very little timing on your part and it's unblockable by the other user. Sure, Skullgirls has a special command that allows you to get out of a combo being performed on you, but the fact that you need to do something special to get out of a combo, because it's so easy for the other user to perform that combo on you is a dead giveaway that it's a dial-a-combo system.

Street Fighter, for instance, requires much more precise timing (more with some characters, less with others), is combos are harder (ie, require a better execution on your part) and I think that's a better kind of fighting game.

Usually, this is a very disputed subject and people who like one kind usually dislike the other, so I don't want to start a fight or anything. Skullgirls is an amazing game, I just don't like the way it plays that much.
SFIV's 1 frame linkers are a nightmare to pull off online.

Sajjaja

You should have a received with an Indiegamestand link associated to the email address you used to buy the game. You'll need to create an account and then click the link/activate the key you got.

Not sure what you received though since I have an IGS account and all games just go to my "game wallet".

I received the order confirmation email saying to download it from my Game Wallet, but I don't have a password to an account because I never made one.

I just tried to make one and it said my email is already in use :S

Toma

I received the order confirmation email saying to download it from my Game Wallet, but I don't have a password to an account because I never made one.

I just tried to make one and it said my email is already in use :S

Yeah, it looks like you have an account associated with your email already since you bought it that way... or something. Its probably the correct mail address, not sure how you login if you dont have a pw, but maybe you can use a pw reset or something?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I just bought it right now. Wondering whether to wait for it to be greenlit and play or play it now.

I just bought Full Bore too. There are only 6 hours left on the IndieGameStand sale, so I decided to pull the wallet out. I'll post my impressions of it in Toma's thread after I play it a bit.

Skullgirls combo / battle system is really not my cup of fighting game tea either. But when it was like $11 as part of a four pack preorder I felt like I had to jump in because it supports so much else that I like, classic 2D sprite work, indie fighting games, lots of player friendly features, smart price point. I've gotten my money's worth out of it playing locally as well, just not something that I really see getting too into online.

Always learning with you all, thanks. So let me check if I got this:

"When there's no Steam Sale, the Steam thread feels like molasses."

Or

"Some fellow GAFfers are so sweet, some say they are like molasses."

You've got the idea :).

If I might rephrase them slightly for you since I know you like to improve your English language usage:

"After the Steam Sale the Steam thread seems to move as slow as molasses in comparison."

"Some fellow GAFers
The_Monk
are as sweet as molasses."

Sajjaja

Yeah, it looks like you have an account associated with your email already since you bought it that way... or something. Its probably the correct mail address, not sure how you login if you dont have a pw, but maybe you can use a pw reset or something?

Tried that already, guess I'll have to make a ticket. They really should have mandatory account creation in order to purchase games from them.

Dambrosi

Banned
Thanks to 19kilo for Europa Universalis III Complete!

Thanks also to The_Super_Inframan for Red Orchestra!

Wow, I've won a lot of games from ModBot and all you wonderful people in this thread over the last month. I really should get around to playing them. In fact, there's another way I can repay you all:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys and 4 Desura keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dambrosi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-20458EDF434AF271 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
[Desura] eXceed 3rd -- MB-D9999FCD859B8D54 - Taken by Cth
Space Pirates And Zombies -- MB-C3B82833A35F5F84 - Taken by DXLelouch153
[Desura] Eryi's Action -- MB-EB75881DAEDA7F58 - Taken by PandaPedinte
[Desura] eXceed 2nd -- MB-C80515763F5A10FA - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Kilvas
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-B5234160CABB90C6 - Taken by bobnowhere
Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-E08C07B9F5DF163C - Taken by Colin.
Satazius -- MB-CCA4C6B0DE3AD7E9 - Taken by gabrielt16
1953: KGB Unleashed -- MB-A568667B59C18532 - Taken by nightstorm
[Desura] eXceed -- MB-F09DB5766F5D6CD0 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Kilvas
Hydrophobia should work, but there's a slight chance it might be used already, I simply can't remember. I know I didn't redeem it myself, though. Take a chance.

Thanks to 19kilo for Europa Universalis III Complete!

Thanks also to The_Super_Inframan for Red Orchestra!

Wow, I've won a lot of games from ModBot and all you wonderful people in this thread over the last month. I really should get around to playing them. In fact, there's another way I can repay you all:

Hydrophobia should work, but there's a slight chance it might be used already, I simply can't remember. I know I didn't redeem it myself, though. Take a chance.

thx for SPAZ

TheBear

I just redeemed my AMD gold coupon and picked up Saints Row IV, Thief and Far Cry: Blood Dragon. I just realised that Blood Dragon is a shitty uPlay key. Is there any way I can activate it through Steam? I thought Ubi's games used Steam anyway?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just redeemed my AMD gold coupon and picked up Saints Row IV, Thief and Far Cry: Blood Dragon. I just realised that Blood Dragon is a shitty uPlay key. Is there any way I can activate it through Steam? I thought Ubi's games used Steam anyway?

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to redeem it on Steam.

And you're thinking the other way around: Ubisoft games on Steam use uPlay anyway.

So you may as well play it through uPlay. Even if you had the Steam version, it requires uPlay.

Joe Molotov

Except the second one will fall flat. Most English-speakers know molasses only in the context of things being as slow as it, so the immediate connotation is not "ah, sweet like a viscous byproduct of sugar refinement" but probably "did he call me slow?"

The only time I've ever heard anyone use the phrase "sweet as molasses" is in that ZZ Top song "Cheap Sunglasses".

RedSwirl

Fuck. Splinter Cell Blacklist is half-off with a Steam key.

I'm guessing that's probably as low as that game is gonna go during the holiday Steam sale.

Nabs

Is anyone's Change Users button missing from Steam? Trying to switch accounts but I can't seem to find it in Settings...

You don't have to go into Settings to change users. It's right there when you click on Steam.

----

So... Amazon is going to have Payday 2 for 10 bucks during Thanksgiving. 30 for the 4-pack.

Kanokare

You don't have to go into Settings to change users. It's right there when you click on Steam.

----

So... Amazon is going to have Payday 2 for 10 bucks during Thanksgiving. 30 for the 4-pack.

Ohh I see. I'm just used to clicking on Settings > Change Users. Thanks! I actually forgot there were menus on the top. I usually do all my menus from the Steam notification button by the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom