• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Jeff Gerstmann mentioned during the latest Bombcast that there's almost no one playing Trackmania 2 anymore. I think Canyon's the one that was first released? Apparently there were like 30 people playing that worldwide when he checked, and just a handful of people in the other newer environments. Might be worth digging into a little deeper before putting cash into a potentially dead game

You can still play the single player part which isn't as much fun but it's not like those dead multiplayer-only games that are totally worthless now.

Is this site trustworthy? Any of you guys use them before? Also, is this the best deal around currently?

http://cdkeyshere.com/batman-arkham-origins-cd-key.html

Not legit.

Milamber

Is this site trustworthy? Any of you guys use them before? Also, is this the best deal around currently?

No, its bad.

EDIT:
toBwrA3.gif
toBwrA3.gif

EDIT 2: I'm too damn slow.

mrgone

You can still play the single player part which isn't as much fun but it's not like those dead multiplayer-only games that are totally worthless now.

That's true, lots of medals to get and even without busy servers there are ton of user-made levels to mess around with.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

CD Keys Here is a site that deals in resold keys, so it's not a legitimate store. If you'd rather not purchase the game through a trader on Steam, your best best would be GMG, where the game can be had for $37.50 when using the code GMG25-GRV7N-YY833.

Edit: Buying an unwanted Nvidia code from eBay, as derExperte mentioned below, is the cheaper alternative if you're not particularly fussed about losing the pre-order DLC.

No, its bad.

EDIT:
toBwrA3.gif
toBwrA3.gif

EDIT 2: I'm too damn slow.

Nice to see the shoe on another's foot for a change. ;)

derExperte

CD Keys Here is a site that deals in re-sold keys, so it's not a legitimate store. If you'd rather not purchase the game through a trader on Steam, your best best would be GMG, where the game can be had for $37.50 when using the code GMG25-GRV7N-YY833.

Or go to eBay and get one of those Nvidia codes. I know it doesn't sound very legit either but they'll give you a key that you have to convert to a Steam key on Nvidia's site so you then know where it came from.

I just tried to activate my Amazon.com purchase of Bioshock in Steam but got the duplicate product code message. So I requested the e-mail, thinking that I had input it under a different profile name or something stupid since I was very new to Steam. I then realised that I had gifted the key away to someone in here with ModBot months ago :/. So apologises if you get an e-mail from Steam about this. Please ignore.

Hasney

Or go to eBay and get one of those Nvidia codes. I know it doesn't sound very legit either but they'll give you a key that you have to convert to a Steam key on Nvidia's site so you then know where it came from.

Was going to try and avoid spending money until the sale since I had Ace Attorney 5 and Deadly Premonition before then, but Batman for £18... DAMN YOU TO HELL.

Slyjss

I have windows 8 downloaded from my college's website, don't know if I should install it.

At first the interface it's a bit messy (specially before Win 8.1), but it's gloriously fast. For me it boots up in 20-30 seconds and shuts down in less than 3, and the games run in higher configurations than Win 7 with the same Pc.

JaseC

Ah, good idea! I'd forgotten about that. I'll note though that since they're regular retail codes, they don't contain the pre-order DLC.

Hasney

Ah, good idea! I'd forgotten about that. I'll note though that since they're regular retail codes, they don't contain the pre-order DLC.

Aw crap. Mine comes with the DLC and I've just noticed the Polish email address on my bought item confirmation.

Hopefully it never vanishes. None of my CD key purchases from the grey market from back before I knew better ever have though.

Turfster

Final Fantasy VII is 50% off on GMG.

Also, I won't be around later, so someone else will have to post the weekend deals/new humble weekly.

Edit: Aw, jshackles' Killing Floor key I won yesterday was already used.

JaseC

Hopefully it never vanishes. None of my CD key purchases from the grey market from back before I knew better ever have though.

I keep track of the dozen or so games I've registered to my Steam account using second-hand keys. So far, so good, though in terms of "grey market" keys, aside from one case, I've made a point to stick with the same few, more reputable (well, as reputable as such enterprises can be, anyway) stores.

JaseC

By the way, Arkham Origins unlocks here in Australia in just over an hour also. I'm not entirely familiar with the server locations FlyVPN's free service offers since I use it far less often than Spotflux, but I can say with absolute certainty that there is an AU-based one.

Edit: Oh, wait, it's locked behind a paywall now. :( There is a free server in Japan, though.

Nabs

I just got another 25% off Shadow Warrior coupon in my inventory. It has no purchase restrictions, so here's hoping for a sale soon.

So Gamersgate is apparently offering 75% off R.U.S.E. for $2.50 - except in the UK it is £5 ($8.08)

Is this what it is like to be an Australian gamer?

Not only that, but the Collection with the game, DLC and guide is cheaper than the base game alone: £4.87.

Seriously, is this some kind of pricing error? The normal price for R.U.S.E. on GG is £19.99, but most other places, including GMG and Steam itself, list it at £9.99. 75% off would then be £2.49, which would still be a shitty currency exchange, but would at least make more sense.

The_Monk

I just got another 25% off Shadow Warrior coupon in my inventory. It has no purchase restrictions, so here's hoping for a sale soon.

I got the same coupon too. Every time I see someone posting some screenshots of the game I get amazed at how good it looks and how nice the lightning is.

Nabs

I got the same coupon too. Every time I see someone posting some screenshots of the game I get amazed at how good it looks and how nice the lightning is.

There are some really nice shots in the High Res Screenshot thread.

@devolverdigital: Owners of The Walking Dead on Steam now have a coupon for Shadow Warrior in their inventory in anticipation of tomorrow's new weapon skin...

Deques

They really should just send people a mail 'oh hey, you got a steam key now'

Only bundle site who has done that is Greenlight Bundle. More bundles sites should do the same

So Gamersgate is apparently offering 75% off R.U.S.E. for $2.50 - except in the UK it is £5 ($8.08)

Is this what it is like to be an Australian gamer?

Not only that, but the Collection with the game, DLC and guide is cheaper than the base game alone: £4.87.

Seriously, is this some kind of pricing error? The normal price for R.U.S.E. on GG is £19.99, but most other places, including GMG and Steam itself, list it at £9.99. 75% off would then be £2.49, which would still be a shitty currency exchange, but would at least make more sense.

Pricing error or not, I bought the collection :)

Vanguard Princess was added to the Doujin Bundle 2.

Not really added yet, it's still missing around 990 more purchases. But nice anyway

JaseC

Some new subs:

- Metro Franchise Pack ($55)
Includes: Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Metro: Last Light - Ranger Mode DLC and Metro: Last Light - RPK DLC

- Dead Island Franchise Pack ($50)
Includes: Dead Island, Dead Island - Ripper Mod DLC, Dead Island - Ryder White DLC, Dead Island: Riptide, Dead Island: Riptide - Fashion Victim DLC and Dead Island: Riptide - Survivor DLC

- And the Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass, which isn't exactly ready just yet but will be $20

JaseC

Thank you for contacting WB Technical Support!

I am afraid we will not be able to help you with this one - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY is currently the only version of the game available on Steam. We have been issuing Steam codes for Batman: AA GOTY for people with both base and GOTY retail versions of the game, and unfortunately that is the only kind of Steam key we are able to provide.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Hopes dashed. :(

Nabs

Some new subs:

- Metro Franchise Pack ($55)
Includes: Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Metro: Last Light - Ranger Mode DLC and Metro: Last Light - RPK DLC

- Dead Island Franchise Pack ($50)
Includes: Dead Island, Dead Island - Ripper Mod DLC, Dead Island - Ryder White DLC, Dead Island: Riptide, Dead Island: Riptide - Fashion Victim DLC and Dead Island: Riptide - Survivor DLC

- And the Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass, which isn't exactly ready just yet but will be $20

lol season pass. I guess I'm waiting for the GOTY edition.

JaseC

The retail key for Asylum didn't work?

Steam's key activation server seems to be down, but since Asylum vanilla was pulled from the sub, it's useless to me (I'll raffle it off once I can confirm it'll activate), so I contacted WB and explained my situation, requesting a key for this sub in hope of getting the game. At least I can now use this gif I made last week:

stupidfuckingcunt7kul6.gif

JaseC

Steam's entirely dead at the moment: the store is down, Community is down, and it's not even possible to sign in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom