• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Ya know, tricking steam into thinking its running a different game in order to get cards to sell seems like something valve would be against and could take action on. Could just be me being paranoid. I don't even like idling. I try to play the games when I'm card mining.

Valve doesn't really lose anything in this. They still get their cut from the card sales

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems this method is a better way if you want to play a game while "idling" in another game.
The playtime won't be correct though, and I wonder if achievement unlocking works..

Either way will work just fine in that regard also. The problem is that being in more than one game, regardless of whether or not you're actually in-game, significantly increases the drop time between cards.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Either way will work just fine in that regard also. The problem is that being in more than one game, regardless of whether or not you're actually in-game, significantly increases the drop time between cards.

Is this is still the case? Because I thought Valve fixed that and you could only get cards from one game and the rate stayed the same.

Anteater

I still have a gift copy of hl2, lol, hope it works

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Half Life 2 -- MB-04BDBE70BFCD3213 - Taken by gabrielt16. 4 entrants total.

t1382623120z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is this is still the case? Because I thought Valve fixed that and you could only get cards from one game and the rate stayed the same.

It was last I tried, but that may have been when card drop times were wonky in general.

The_Monk

I remember having to play Half Life 2 in 30 minute bursts because I had small seizures and I got dizzy all the time I tried to play the game. And that boat level really tested my eyes on that matter to be honest.

Anteater

I remember having to play Half Life 2 in 30 minute bursts because I had small seizures and I got dizzy all the time I tried to play the game. And that boat level really tested my eyes on that matter to be honest.

I think a lot of people got motion sickness from the boat level, I did too and had to take a break.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

When I played it on release I had no issues with it but I tried to replay it recently and I did suffer from motion sickness :(

Cheddahz

Banned
Path of Exile really is a F2P game. The micro-transactions don't kill the game and you'll be able to enjoy the game fully without paying a single cent

The beta was fun, so I'm sure the finished product is even better

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is path of exile worthy?

Yes. It's worth trying.

I'm liking it a LOT more than Diablo 3, but that isn't hard given how much they changed Diablo 3 from Diablo 2.

The gem system alone is worth trying it. I'm loving that compared to Diablo 2's.

Be a "Shadow"/Assassin that can raise the dead with a "raise dead" gem like D2's Necromancer but is an Assassin in D2? YES WE CAN.

It's Free-to-Play. What could go wrong?

I needed more stash space, so I had to buy it from GGG. Now I have to pay my internet bill for playing PoE 24/7 but I have no job. So I'm stuck sucking dicks in an Olive Garden, THANKS A LOT PATH OF EXILE?

I've got to stop unpacking boosterpacks. I haven't gotten a single foil from them. As a result selling the individual cards will only net me about two thirds of what the boosterpack was going for.

TheSeks

I still haven't gotten a boosterpack. And speaking of cards: Path of Exile isn't giving ANYONE any. WTF? Is it because it's free to play? They might as well not have made it trading card enabled at that point.

Exuro

I still haven't gotten a boosterpack. And speaking of cards: Path of Exile isn't giving ANYONE any. WTF? Is it because it's free to play? They might as well not have made it trading card enabled at that point.
I don't get this post. Why should you get sellable cards for a game you've put no money into?

TheSeks

I don't get this post. Why should you get sellable cards for a game you've put no money into?

Then why should I be seeing it's trading cards if it isn't going to give me trading cards? It's entirely pointless. I guess Valve finally has a game where people may buy $100+ of cards for a badge, but me? I don't see the point and since the game doesn't give trading cards out to give away anyway it's... entirely pointless... in clogging up my trading card list. But whatever.

It's the same for every f2p game. You get a drop for every time you spend a certain amount of money. I think it's every $9 for Dota 2 but I have no idea what it is for other games.

I got 1 foil to drop early in the beta. Nothing since. That's a lot of card drops with no foils. Normal card drops, booster packs, + I got 1 card drop during the summer sale for every $10 spent. I help a lot of people during the sales so it was a shit load of cards. No foils.

Then why should I be seeing it's trading cards if it isn't going to give me trading cards? It's entirely pointless. I guess Valve finally has a game where people may buy $100+ of cards for a badge, but me? I don't see the point and since the game doesn't give trading cards out to give away anyway it's... entirely pointless... in clogging up my trading card list. But whatever.

But otherwise you couldn't see what you could potentially get and then the complaint would be "Why is valve hiding this from me?"

Thanks for the tips earlier guys, just cannot get this flyvpn thing to work unfortunately. Not really sure what the deal is, but just keeps telling me the remote connection was denied. Usually I'#m decent with this stuff, but just can't figure what the prob is.

I see. At $15 you aint making your money back on the game just by selling cards unless you get a foil. And then you still have to hope that it sells at the inflated market price.

I've bought six bundles in two days
help me
and now deciding which games to get from Greenlight bundle. Bring on more bundles. I don't care anymore, just take my money and give me keys. Officially bundle-addict now.

The_Monk

I've bought six bundles in two days
help me
and now deciding which games to get from Greenlight bundle. Bring on more bundles. I don't care anymore, just take my money and give me keys. Officially bundle-addict now.

The Humble weekly is finishing today so here's hoping a new one will appear with interesting titles.

AkuMifune

Banned
I'm only about 50% sure this key will work, but I have no way to test or confirm. I'll make it up to the winner if it doesn't!

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

images

DMC -- MB-FF60988C48E8F52A - Taken by Lain. 95 entrants total.

t1382637340z1.png

Nabs

Nice giveaway. DmC is definitely better than I expected, but it's still not the game for me. Amazing port by NT/QLOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom