• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Kent%20panic.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm pretty recent to Steam. Has it ever gone down worldwide like this before?

Steam's had its isolated issues with the store going down during busy sale periods or Community going down during server maintenance windows, but as far as I can remember this is the first time everything has been unresponsive.

Steam's key activation server seems to be down, but since Asylum vanilla was pulled from the sub, it's useless to me (I'll raffle it off once I can confirm it'll activate), so I contacted WB and explained my situation, requesting a key for this sub in hope of getting the game. At least I can now use this gif I made last week:

http://www.abload.de/img/stupidfuckingcunt7kul6.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I didn't know Amirox had long hair.

Hasney

Just got onto steamcommunity.com and seen there were people online again on my profile, so are we out of the woods?

EDIT: Refresh and 503. WHOOPSIE.

Dolor

I've got to say. Path of Exile is really, really good. I love the passive skills tree. Really appeals to my compulsive/detailed/building/RPG side.

The free-to-play microtransactions are surprisingly benign (cosmetics and minor conveniences). My only complaint is that I really wish there was an option to buy more bag space to carry with you.

Only put in about 3 hours so far, but there is no doubt I am going back for more.

JaseC

I didn't know Amirox had long hair.

tumblr_mjysnzi9xw1rmy2dug8.gif

I've got to say. Path of Exile is really, really good. I love the passive skills tree. Really appeals to my compulsive/detailed/building/RPG side.

The free-to-play microtransactions are surprisingly benign (cosmetics and minor conveniences). My only complaint is that I really wish there was an option to buy more bag space to carry with you.

Only put in about 3 hours so far, but there is no doubt I am going back for more.

Now that there are AU/NZ servers, I'm looking forward to getting back into the game. The previously-inconsistent latency became too bothersome.

Edit: Asylum retail keys are still a no-go.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Fuck, Arkham Asylum cards are over $0.30. Not enough people are replaying the game :(

I sold them for .28 My idea is that they will go down in the future, so I'm planing on rebuying them for .09 when time is right and if not oh well.

Jawmuncher

How do you use SAM, I'm trying to add a game and it's telling me that I need a valid game ID

You should just be able to pick the game from a list.
If not its because it has no achievements. If thats the case make a shortcut for that game go to properties get the game id and paste it into SAM

I know, but for some reason I don't like using it, I'd rather install the game... I'm weird, I know...

I was doing that for awhile until I realized it was just far to much pain for some games and there big sizes.

or you could just run any source games for example HL2. Browse through the hl2.exe and put a new text file with "steam_appid.txt" as its name then put your game appid you want to run in the textfile you just created, for example if I want to run Tomb Raider without having the game installed, i just need to put 203160 in the steam_appid.txt and run hl2.exe directly from the folder.

AYRPsf8.png

Cth

So, I'm broke and can't pick up Space Engineers.

If anyone is interested in buying a copy before Nov 6 and wants a 25% off coupon, let me know/add me on Steam.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
or you could just run any source games for example HL2. Browse through the hl2.exe and put a new text file with "steam_appid.txt" as its name then put your game appid you want to run in the textfile you just created, for example if I want to run Tomb Raider without having the game installed, i just need to put 203160 in the steam_appid.txt and run hl2.exe directly from the folder.

http://i.imgur.com/AYRPsf8.png[img][/QUOTE]

Neat trick! [s]but not everyone owns HL2 (sadly) though. Yeah I know, crazy.[/s]

EDIT: Oh it works on any source game? even the free tf2?

JaseC

Neat trick! but not everyone owns HL2 (sadly) though. Yeah I know, crazy.

EDIT: Oh it works on any source game? even the free tf2?

It works with any game that contains CEG ("Steam DRM"), which is the vast majority of games on Steam. The trick isn't really any easier than using SAM, though, but it is handy for those who are concerned about using an external program.

Edit: Here's a non-Source example:

Edit: That Ballowers bloke has been trying to add me for the past month or so. I have no idea who he is and I refuse to accept his FR since we don't have any friends or non-standard groups in common.

Deques

It works with any game that contains CEG ("Steam DRM"), which is the vast majority of games on Steam. The trick isn't really any easier than using SAM, though, but it is handy for those who are concerned about using an external program.

Edit: Here's a non-Source example:

Seems this method is a better way if you want to play a game while "idling" in another game.
The playtime won't be correct though, and I wonder if achievement unlocking works..

Ya know, tricking steam into thinking its running a different game in order to get cards to sell seems like something valve would be against and could take action on. Could just be me being paranoid. I don't even like idling. I try to play the games when I'm card mining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom