• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Nice giveaway! man I'd love to play DmC at 60fps, bought it on console before I got this computer, won't enter since I'm sure a lot are still on the fence and would like to try it.

I'm only about 50% sure this key will work, but I have no way to test or confirm. I'll make it up to the winner if it doesn't!

Well played :).

Not my sort of game [never played any of the DMC games but will probably give them a try at some point] so I won't enter but I'm sure the winner will be a very happy bunny :).

Woohoo! Thanks for 39 Steps, EmergentFocus!

Oh I hope you enjoy it. I'm playing it at the moment [thanks to a fellow GAFer who is an expert at being Teutonic] and really enjoying it. The first few chapters ease you into it but then shit starts getting real around the third or fourth one in so if you find it a bit slow, stick with it. I love it for being so utterly stylish if nothing else. The font they use is delicious and I adore hearing the verbiage given it is so of its time and so frequently different to our contemporary English language usage.

I do despise game youtube videos that shove RAWK!!!! music over the game audio in an attempt to make it seem exciting and a MUST BUY!!! *sigh* Have a DO NOT FUCKING WANT!!! instead game devs and kindly get a clue.

Woohoo! Thanks for 39 Steps, EmergentFocus!

My pleasure! :)

Oh I hope you enjoy it. I'm playing it at the moment [thanks to a fellow GAFer who is an expert at being Teutonic] and really enjoying it. The first few chapters ease you into it but then shit starts getting real around the third or fourth one in so if you find it a bit slow, stick with it. I love it for being so utterly stylish if nothing else. The font they use is delicious and I adore hearing the verbiage given it is so of its time and so frequently different to our contemporary English language usage.

I do despise game youtube videos that shove RAWK!!!! music over the game audio in an attempt to make it seem exciting and a MUST BUY!!! *sigh* Have a DO NOT FUCKING WANT!!! instead game devs and kindly get a clue.

Did I mention how much I love your impressions? ;)

dream

The Green Man has Dead Rising 2 for $3.75, but I seem to remember this being one of those dreaded GFWL titles. Is it safe to buy it at this point?

The Green Man has Dead Rising 2 for $3.75, but I seem to remember this being one of those dreaded GFWL titles. Is it safe to buy it at this point?

If it's anything like Off the Record it still has GFWL in it. Thanks for pointing this deal out btw. bought.

EDIT: nah..

nexen

I don't think so. It will work until July something at least.

GMG also has FFVII for $6. Because nothing says Halloween like Final Fantasy, I guess.

The_Monk

Today I grabbed a 3 meter HDMI cable and a 3 meter Ethernet cable, already have a mouse and my cheap/meh Microsoft keyboard will have to do. My 2005 2.1 Creative are still kicking. For anyone curious the model it's the Creative 2.1 Speaker System - Inspire T3030. I know it's very Off Topic and I'm aware that I won't be having the best setup and having things from 2005 such like the speakers are not cool but it's thanks to Steam-GAF that I gathered Strength on my mind to start all my saving all over again after luck not being on my side lately...

With that being said, only 2.30 hours left on the weekly bundle for those interested:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

EDIT:

Did I mention how much I love your impressions? ;)

Woo gives good lessons too since it helps increasing my English vocabulary. I know I'm not the best speaker or writer so when I see good posts on GAF they help me a lot (instead of using "DAT game" and those "can I haz" that difficult my learning process). :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Capcom is in the process of patching out GFWL from its PC catalogue, however there's no ETA.

BigAT

Is anyone else have trouble getting Steam to launch this morning? Whenever I load it up, it briefly goes into the Steam update mode, then it actually launches with the title "#Steam_Root_Title" but immediately crashes. I've tried multiple times to get it going, but with no luck. Any ideas?

Today I grabbed a 3 meter HDMI cable and a 3 meter Ethernet cable, already have a mouse and my cheap/meh Microsoft keyboard will have to do. My 2005 2.1 Creative are still kicking. For anyone curious the model it's the Creative 2.1 Speaker System - Inspire T3030. I know it's very Off Topic and I'm aware that I won't be having the best setup and having things from 2005 such like the speakers are not cool but it's thanks to Steam-GAF that I gathered Strength on my mind to start all my saving all over again after luck not being on my side lately...

With that being said, only 2.30 hours left on the weekly bundle for those interested:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

If it makes you feel any better, I am rocking a logitech speaker set that is on a par with those.

Is anyone else have trouble getting Steam to launch this morning? Whenever I load it up, it briefly goes into the Steam update mode, then it actually launches with the title "#Steam_Root_Title" but immediately crashes. I've tried multiple times to get it going, but with no luck. Any ideas?

Lots of us were earlier but no-one has complained of any problems in the last hour or so. Try again? Re-boot?

sheaaaa

If the whole saga, DLC included, made its way to Steam, I'd give it a shot. Somehow managed to miss the entire series over the last gen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I presume this will just be 1, 2 and DLCs? http://steamdb.info/sub/18260/

No chance of 3, despite my hopes and dreams?

Edit: It's a Mass Effect collection

Yes, just click the Apps tab to find out. That collection has been on Steam for donkey's years.

I'm not sure how true that is because the root source of that news was just some Steam user claiming that a Capcom support told him that.

Couldn't hurt to get a second response, I suppose.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If the whole saga, DLC included, made its way to Steam, I'd give it a shot. Somehow managed to miss the entire series over the last gen.

It's just this.

Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition

Miker

I'm only about 50% sure this key will work, but I have no way to test or confirm. I'll make it up to the winner if it doesn't!

Awesome giveaway! Been wanting this for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger due to the flood of games with Steam Family Share kicking in.

Joe Molotov

I hope so. I've avoided a replay on PC because I absolutely do not want to buy every piece of DLC at full price.

Also, EA games are coming back to Steam? :O

1 & 2 have been on Steam, the only game that got removed was Dragon Age II and Crysis 2, and Crysis 2 came back with the GOTY (lol) Edition.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Is really hard for me to believe that CapCom will patch out GFWL from existing titles. Someone post the cacpom name image.

Dr Dogg

I presume this will just be 1, 2 and DLCs? http://steamdb.info/sub/18260/

No chance of 3, despite my hopes and dreams?

Edit: It's a Mass Effect collection

As much as I'd buy all 3 again to have 3 and all the DLC on Steam I got the feeling this is just going to be vanillia ME 1 & 2 and you'll still have to use the backward system of getting DLC from Bioware Social and 3 will still be Origin exclusive re Multiplayer stuff and the fact they're recently added Origin Achievements to it (original I know).

BigAT

Lots of us were earlier but no-one has complained of any problems in the last hour or so. Try again? Re-boot?

I tried rebooting, twice, and no luck. I managed to quickly get a screenshot of what it looks like right before it crashes each time:

kA9OUpn.jpg

Nabs

Real talk: I'd buy Mass Effect DLC if they'd just put it on Steam (and with a normal discount). I know I'm not the only one.
I'd also buy ME3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom