• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohai boys and girls

Look at this awesome pile of crud software that I don't want defiling my games library, not even on Desura pair of fine games that any gamer would be glad to have in their collection!

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! Desura key upcoming.

Please remain calm. Normal service shall be resumed shortly.

ulgzbKC.png
Undead Legions DESURA -- MB-EA8FB72D7CB6BCC4

header_292x136.jpg

Burn Zombie Burn -- MB-86CA03356E325A34 - Taken by tineladia

frogg609

Finally played through Gone Home last night. While I don't think I'll ever play through it again, it was an amazing, and wonderful experience. I love the music. Reminds me so much of my high school years.

Highly recommended for a great narrative!

If the whole saga, DLC included, made its way to Steam, I'd give it a shot. Somehow managed to miss the entire series over the last gen.

Yeah, I'd go in for that. Add controller support, and I'd even pay full price after having bought ME3 on PC just a few months ago. I want to get the DLC again, but if it never goes on sale...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Real talk: I'd buy Mass Effect DLC if they'd just put it on Steam (and with a normal discount). I know I'm not the only one.
I'd also buy ME3.

I have the only Origin game I actually want (The Saboteur); the rest I'd only buy if they added to my Steam game count.

Your move, EA!

I hope they put up a 50% off sale of Blacklist. Still want to play that.

Maybe get COD4 down to $5? I own the retail copy, but would rather have a Steam version.

Maybe a bigger on The Stanley Parable?

Dr Dogg

I have the only Origin game I actually want (The Saboteur); the rest I'd only buy if they added to my Steam game count.

Your move, EA!

This, Battlefield 2142 and Mercenaries 2 coming to Steam would make uninstall Origin like a shot
maybe ME3. maybe.

tineladia

Neo Member
ohai boys and girls

Look at this awesome pile of crud software that I don't want defiling my games library, not even on Desura pair of fine games that any gamer would be glad to have in their collection!

Thanks for Burn Zombie Burn! Loved AZMD so will be nice to check this out :)

I've been gone from Gaf a while - has Modbot "officially" replaced SteamGifts as the place/way to post stuff these days?

Turfster

I've been gone from Gaf a while - has Modbot "officially" replaced SteamGifts as the place/way to post stuff these days?
Luckily, yes.
(I hated Steamgifts. Having to create a new account somewhere else was just way too meh)

Tellaerin

Your move, EA!

Times like this, I find myself wondering what you'd do if Saoirse's voice and likeness was used in a game, but it was an Origin-exclusive title from EA...

You are most welcome :). Enjoy!

Not officially; it is there as an option which has thankfully taken off very well. I even forget about SteamGifts 99% of the time and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Times like this, I find myself wondering what you'd do if Saoirse's voice and likeness was used in a game, but it was an Origin-exclusive title from EA...

Obsession Vs Compulsion, FIGHT!!!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Why is Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 still the daily deal?

Fake Edit: Oh, it's because i'm in Daylight Savings time and the deal changes half an hour from now.

didamangi

Good luck :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Talisman Prologue -- MB-16E171C7AB747EF4 - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.
Eleusis -- MB-36355C14860C340F - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.

t1382633020z1.png

LQX

Question: If you buy a game from another country that is says ROW...will it have any problems connection to servers in the country you are in? I'm the US and want to buy COD Ghosts that says ROW.

Addnan

Question: If you buy a game from another country that is says ROW...will it have any problems connection to servers in the country you are in? I'm the US and want to buy COD Ghosts that says ROW.

ROW means region free. Will work fine.

TBH the next version of ModBot needs to be programmed to make suitably sardonic remarks dynamically based on whatever "masterpiece" is being given away.

You know, like how the checkout girl rolls her eyes because you've dared to include an extra bar of Dairy Milk in your weekly shop.

JaseC

If she's cast in Episode VII, then she'll be providing voice work for the inevitable video game tie-in, and EA has the Star Wars licence, so you may very well find out. ;)

(I'd pre-order it!)

Funny how they added The Saboteur to Steam, but never put it up for sale for some reason.

Ubi did the same with Tintin and King Kong. :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Modbot has been used to give away over 5000 games in the last 5 months so I guess that counts for something. I think a lot of people enjoy the simplicity, flexibility, accountability, and home-grown nature of the service.

Of course if there's some particular benefit you feel like you get from using SteamGifts or any other system you are totally welcome to.

nexen

If she's cast in Episode VII, then she'll be providing voice work for the inevitable video game tie-in, and EA has the Star Wars licence, so you may very well find out. ;)

(I'd pre-order it!)

Ubi did the same with Tintin and King Kong. :(

Wait - is she rumored to be cast in SW VII?

edit: google says maybe. I think she'd look pretty good as a Jedi. She handled herself well in Hanna.

tineladia

Neo Member
You are most welcome :). Enjoy!

Not officially; it is there as an option which has thankfully taken off very well. I even forget about SteamGifts 99% of the time and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Obsession Vs Compulsion, FIGHT!!!

Good to know, thanks. I'll post something from my key stash once I get back from work.

Copons

Around one more hour til new Humble Weekly deal. I have still not bought the current bundle. Is it worth buying?

I played DeathSpank (first one) lots of years ago and I enjoyed it. But it seems here got a lot of hate, don't know why. Then again, it's 1$... :D

The_Monk

Around one more hour til new Humble Weekly deal. I have still not bought the current bundle. Is it worth buying?

I haven't bought the weekly and the Android one. I played Deatspank finishing 100% back in the day on the PS3 and it was "okay" for a simple "snack" but you may have more interesting titles to play on your Backlog. The rest I haven't played myself so I can't comment on that.

Turfster

Thanks to the vagaries of plane travel, I will be around to post the deals and probably the new humble weekly as well.

Eurotruck simulator 2 Halloween paintjobs DLC? Really?

Terra_Ex

Only if you really want the precipice of darkness games, that's probably the cheapest they've ever been overall. Though they'll likely show up in another bundle at some point.

Deques

I played DeathSpank (first one) lots of years ago and I enjoyed it. But it seems here got a lot of hate, don't know why. Then again, it's 1$... :D

I haven't bought the weekly and the Android one. I played Deatspank finishing 100% back in the day on the PS3 and it was "okay" for a simple "snack" but you may have more interesting titles to play on your Backlog. The rest I haven't played myself so I can't comment on that.

How are the Deathspank games compared to Baconing? I didn't quite like it..
Only if you really want the precipice of darkness games, that's probably the cheapest they've ever been overall. Though they'll likely show up in another bundle at some point.

The On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness games are pretty good IMO.

Only the first game is in the first minimum. I don't want to pay $6 for the second game too, and I already have Baconing already.

Crap! I entered the Eleusis raffle, forgot that it was in BeMine 8 bundle >.<

JaseC

Wait - is she rumored to be cast in SW VII?

edit: google says maybe. I think she'd look pretty good as a Jedi. She handled herself well in Hanna.

I like the theory floating around that she's been openly talking about her audition because she knows she's got the part. ;)

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Why in the fuck is FEAR 1/2 so BIG?

FEAR 1: 17GB

FEAR 2: 13GB

Christ man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom