• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH the next version of ModBot needs to be programmed to make suitably sardonic remarks dynamically based on whatever "masterpiece" is being given away.

You know, like how the checkout girl rolls her eyes because you've dared to include an extra bar of Dairy Milk in your weekly shop.

Good idea! :)

Please don't take away my fun! :'(

:eek: Such insolence. Whip some manners into her this instant. Oh and pass the port would you old chap?

Modbot has been used to give away over 5000 games in the last 5 months so I guess that counts for something. I think a lot of people enjoy the simplicity, flexibility, accountability, and home-grown nature of the service.

Of course if there's some particular benefit you feel like you get from using SteamGifts or any other system you are totally welcome to.

I said wow.

It is surely immensely gratifying for you Stump; I'm very pleased for you and doff my cap to thee.

Good to know, thanks. I'll post something from my key stash once I get back from work.

*salivates*

Around one more hour til new Humble Weekly deal. I have still not bought the current bundle. Is it worth buying?

The weekly is meh for me but I bought the other one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Even though Perseus Mandate and Extraction point are separate entries in the Steam library?

Yeah, they all download to the "fear ultimate shooter edition" folder in one swoop. The expansions won't show up as installed until you install them, but the "download" will complete instantly.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Just got a 25% off coupon for Shadow Warrior. I fucking love this game, and there's no way I'm going to let it go to waste sitting in my inventory. Who wants some Wang?

Turfster

I'm thinking the humble weekly might be Halloween themed with separate keys for everything... or has there been a bundle we haven't gotten yet?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've come around to ME3's ending and I think it's charmingly hokey.
It comes out of nowhere and makes no sense at all. It also directly contradicts events that may have happened in one's playthrough. In the same fucking game, even.

Mystical gods
and similar shit is probably the worst way of ending a story. According to me, that is.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Thank you Based Family Sharing.

basedfamilysharingb2spd.png

Copons

How are the Deathspank games compared to Baconing? I didn't quite like it..

IIRC both DeathSpank and Thong of Virtue were developed by Ron Gilbert, while Baconing wasn't.
Now, we all now that nowadays Gilbert isn't the good old days Gilbert, but it may give you some hints about the values of these games. :)

(btw, I have played first DeathSpank only, so honestly don't know)

Turfster

The Halloween Sale starting tomorrow wouldn't make much sense. Either it's an error or Valve has rolled back Dailies to 24 hours.

Yeah, something weird is going on.
It was also active before the rollover.
I'm thinking it'll be a Deep Silver weekend, would make sense with all those other packs that appeared recently.

Edit: I was right
Daily: % off
Weekend deal:
  • EVE Online 75% off
  • Mass Effect 75% off
Deep Silver Weekend: Dead Island 66-75% off

JaseC

So is the Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut still giftable? If so I might paypal someone the money in order to gift me the game.

Nope. You snooze, you lose. ;)

Yeah, something weird is going on.
It was also active before the rollover.
I'm thinking it'll be a Deep Silver weekend, would make sense with all those other packs that appeared recently.

Ah, that's a distinct possibility given all the Deep Silver-related sub updates earlier.

Chronoja

Love it when a publisher sale pops up with lots of discount and lots of games you don't own yet, especially after other sales where you own nearly everything.

SRIV for 34$ is definitely appealing. I'd jump on that if Arkham Origins wasn't coming out this weekend. I'm holding out for a Paradox Weekend deal. I need me some Europa Universalis on the cheap.

Edit: Oh shit, Metro: Last Light is 27$.

Terra_Ex

Another week, another EA deal. Seriously, EA, what are you planning?

At least they seemed to have ceased with the 70% experiment and have gone back to the expected 75% discount point, that's something.

Oh, secret files games have finally hit 75% off, time to buy before they change their minds.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh nice, Deepsilver Week!

Hmm... EVE... I still wish EVE didn't have a monthly fee.

Ride to Hell is really interesting... And it could be free with card money I already got!

No Saint's Row IV Season Pass sale?

Oh nice, Deepsilver Week!

Hmm... EVE... I still wish EVE didn't have a monthly fee.

Ride to Hell is really interesting... And it could be free with card money I already got!

No Saint's Row IV Season Pass sale?

Just don't waste your card money on that game... it's bad, bad bad!

The_Monk

That Ride to Hell Retribution Metascore is amazing.

I actually liked the first Dead Island, finished and then helped a friend with some quests, I wonder how the second looks on a pretty PC with pretty settings. I know it must be more of the same, but I liked the first one (PS3) so it got me wondering.

derExperte

No daily deal today?

Euro Truck Simulator 2 according to the news feed. But it's not reduced.

That Ride to Hell Retribution Metascore is amazing.

I actually liked the first Dead Island, finished and then helped a friend with some quests, I wonder how the second looks on a pretty PC with pretty settings. I know it must be more of the same, but I liked the first one (PS3) so it got me wondering.

I completed Riptide during the recent free weekend. Was worth that 0€.

Saty

Is there anything preventing DD services on the PC to implement the 'play as you download' features of the PS4\XB1?

JaseC

EA can't resist the Steambucks. No one can.

I want to know if the bajillion EA deals over the past 6-odd months are because the company wants to get a sense of how much money it's leaving on the table by petulantly ignoring Steam or if it's just giving people plenty of opportunities to pick up its Steam catalogue before it too is yanked.

Li Kao

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Halloween Paint Jobs Pack 1,99€

They don't look too bad.

I for one am really saddened to not see a sale on euro truck 2 gold to go with the dlc. Oh and Farming simulator too. Years of inner wtf at the vision of such titles and with the rampant buzz about it, my body is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom