• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbed everything I needed.

dsy5u88.jpg

The only item that wasn't 75% off was the Riptide DLC.
where what how

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Possibly. He did exit the company in March, which is around the time these deals started popping up like weeds.

Edit: I should note that EA didn't get a new CEO until just last month, but it's not as though the company was captain-less in the interim.

That's why I said "him leaving", not "the new CEO likes steam lolz". Personally, I believe Riccitello was very pro-Origin and anti-everybody else. Without him going "NO FUCK ORIGIN", maybe the sales department was free to promote sales on other digital distribution communities, including bringing Crysis 2 back to steam.

I don't think he would ever allow an EA Humble Bundle to happen, for instance.

Yeah but I might want to transport good in eastern Europe too damnit ! Come to think of it, considering SteamGaf users the dev better put a South America DLC.

That would be crazy, amazing and terrible. More than 90% of Brazil's entire product distribution is made through trucks, on terrible maintained roads and terribly outdated trucks, and I'm not even talking about any other country in the continent. I don't know how close to reality the developers aspire their games to be, but South American Truck Hauling would be something hard to implement, imo.

Dolor

I'm still not quite sure which side of the fence I fall on. On the one hand, EA deals always shoot up the Steam sales charts (which is based on revenue rather than unit sales), something which is hard to ignore, but on the other, after EA's utterly transparent* song and dance about Valve's change in DLC policy being the reason why it had pulled a couple of its games and wouldn't be releasing any future games on the service, I frankly would not be surprised if the company's current catalogue disappeared from Steam overnight.

* See, EA labelled Valve as the instigator, stating that a recently change in policy made it difficult to maintain a meaningful relationship with its customers. This change? DLC for future games released on Steam would need to be offered through the store, hence EA taking its a couple of its balls to Origin (Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2, which wouldn't have been affected by the revised policy since they had already been released) and all but abandoning the court. There was a rumour floating around at the time that the actual reason the relationship between EA and Valve had soured was that EA had demanded a larger revenue cut, something Valve flatly refused -- EA's bald-faced lie lends an air of credence to this.

I obviously don't know if EA will put its games back on Steam, but I don't understand the economic model under which the exclusion of Steam makes sense for EA - especially given their recent PC missteps (Simcity and SWTOR) must have put them way below the number of active Origin users they were initially expecting.

At a bare minimum, they should be looking at tiered releases somewhat similar to what happened with Crysis 2. Release day you can only get it through Origin, all DLC is on Origin first. Once that well is dry 6-12 months later, release a GOTY or Ultimate edition on Steam and get all the holdouts and people that they didn't get to with their own marketing.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What where how?
Where were you hit to make Dead Rising DLC seem like a good idea?

How did you retain the fine motor skills required to purchase Dead Rising DLC?

What does it feel like now that the fog has lifted from your mind and you can see that you actually pourchased Dead Rising DLC?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Are the gameshow games good in Steam (then again the only game show game there seems to be WWTBAM)

I mean, is it YDKJ quality? Buzz is shit despite the hype here in GAF.

Dolor

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the EA contingent responsible for their game's sales on Steam is actively trying to undermine the group responsible for Origin. Big company, many fiefdoms.

I would love to see some info on the relative level of revenue for sales they see for the same game at the same price on both Origin and Steam. For older games, I wouldn't be surprised if it's 3:1 or more Steam:Origin.

Milamber

What does it feel like now that the fog has lifted from your mind and you can see that you actually pourchased Dead Rising DLC?

You do realize you're speaking to JaseC?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I have that warm, fuzzy feeling that envelops me every time my game/DLC count goes up.

nexen

I would love to see some info on the relative level of revenue for sales they see for the same game at the same price on both Origin and Steam. For older games, I wouldn't be surprised if it's 3:1 or more Steam:Origin.

EA isn't above losing a bunch of money while chasing the promise of massive revenues down the line. They'd be stupid if they were. The trouble is that most people believe Origin will never catch up to Steam to the point where the losses they incur are worthwhile.

chronomac

Someone take it:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Fractal -- MB-E872A8402779E136 - Taken by Cheddahz

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man I'm hungry for some city/economics game

I have been lately too. I think my only true recourse is to work on my Simcity 4 region this weekend. It's a damn shame that no game in the past ten years has really taken the top city building game's spot from my personal list. Tropico is fun, but I always get bored of it after awhile. Simcity 4 I can always return to and waster far, far too much time...

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Does the Director's Cut of DE:HR have slightly better visuals or is it just me?

Played some FEZ and Sonic Racing Transformed today... Nothing much to say about either one, FEZ had this stupid Tetris block puzzle that was immediately clear but required something (???, it was buggy as hell) to work but it also had couple of actually clever puzzle ones too. And Sonic Racing was fun as always, I was really stoked to finally unlock Sonichu... I mean Shadow The Hedgehog.

Finally bought Condemned, can't wait to play it, maybe during the weekend. Next week: 100% Deadly Premonition.

Tagyhag

Does anyone find it odd that Naruto is releasing in 4 hours and they STILL haven't put up a price? If they see poor sales they have no one to blame but themselves.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So according the xbox360achievements.org:

Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD will be coming to the Xbox live Arcade in January as reported yesterday, Ubisoft has confirmed, with a price point set in stone and a discount incentive. If you've already purchased or choose to purchase the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, you'll get 25% off AC: Liberation HD.

Ubi better make the same deal on Steam once the season pass has it's own store entry or recognizes my Gold Edition.

Lint21

Neo Member
More hard to find and incredibly expensive Steam keys:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-B897013553BF8011 - Taken by Alessandro. 3 entrants total.
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-C7E255CA542C9B7C - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.
Satazius -- MB-726B361BBC184C71 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-6FD9424C202C4EF2 - Taken by Spawn. 1 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-9A3E89AFFBDD0E2E - Taken by KenOD. 3 entrants total.
Crusader Kings 2 -- MB-ECD734F9AD435800 - Taken by Grief.exe. 5 entrants total.

t1382639771z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom