• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Wish the camera is a bit more zoomed out in batman, not that it affect gameplay, but it looks much cooler when batman isn't blocking half of the screen.

shippingpc-bmgame2013wxkkk.jpg

Console limited FOV

Nabs

Wish the camera is a bit more zoomed out in batman, not that it affect gameplay, but it looks much cooler when batman isn't blocking half of the screen.

shippingpc-bmgame2013wxkkk.jpg

It's really easy to adjust the FOV if it's bothering you. I had to do it for AC a while back.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I'm leaning towards no.
Splice is definitely worth the $1 if you don't already have it. Good puzzle game. I'm stuck on the last level right now, actually...

Upper price tier is terrible. Frankly, I'm shocked that Auditorium and Splice aren't switched since the former is so halfassed in comparison. Native res is something like 800 x 400, no Steamworks integration whatsoever. Game itself is basically a mess too IMO, which doesn't help. Intake could be fantastic (who knows?) but unless you want it ASAP you're better off waiting for a different bundle or until it's sub-$6 in a sale.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Really? Wow! Deus Ex Machina indeed! Of all the plot resolution devices to use that has to be the most grievous. No wonder people mislaid their excrement. I've not played any of the ME games. I have that delight to come. Or not.
Yup. Don't read this if you want to be (badly) surprised:
near the beginning of the game you're presented with a deus ex machina that will supposedly help everyone beat the Reapers. In the end, it turned out to be just part of an ever bigger deus ex machina, the Citadel. And there lived a sentient AI/god/whatever that was NEVER mentioned before, not even once in the course of 3 40-hours-long games, and who proclaimed himself the creator of the Reapers (or something like that, I can't remember the details). He then goes on to fill Shepard with some terrible logic, and says some shit that contradicts one of the possible outcomes of the Geth war. He also explains the motivation behind the Reapers' conduct and actions, completely trivializing them in the process. Bear in mind, I'm not even mentioning the 3 colored choice at the very end (now it has a whole extra option!), nor how your reward for going through 120 hours worth of games is always the same cutscene, with very little variation depending on the color (or lack thereof) that you chose.

The rest of the game has its highs and its lows. Sometimes the writing is great and some scenes are very powerful in the feels department, but others are shooting sections that drag on far too long. The second game had lots of shooting moments too, but they never got to the point where I actively wanted to stop playing the game, something that happened to me at least twice during ME3. I still think it's worth playing, and I don't consider it a bad game. But the ending, Extended Cut or not, is terrible. And ME1 is fantastic, with ME2 being a bit worse but still excellent, so I think you should play them all.

But then again you disliked Arkham Asylum, so I don't know if my opinions are worth listening to :p

def sim

It comes out of nowhere and makes no sense at all. It also directly contradicts events that may have happened in one's playthrough. In the same fucking game, even.

Mystical gods
and similar shit is probably the worst way of ending a story. According to me, that is.

I'm not saying it's good! I've just come to accept its silliness.

Grief.exe

Alright! Made it to the first boss in Volgarr with my fire sword intact! Finished him off quite quickly.

Now before I move on, how do I save my progress?

Yup. Don't read this if you want to be (badly) surprised:
near the beginning of the game you're presented with a deus ex machina that will supposedly help everyone beat the Reapers. In the end, it turned out to be just part of an ever bigger deus ex machina, the Citadel. And there lived a sentient AI/god/whatever that was NEVER mentioned before, not even once in the course of 3 40-hours-long games, and who proclaimed himself the creator of the Reapers (or something like that, I can't remember the details). He then goes on to fill Shepard with some terrible logic, and says some shit that contradicts one of the possible outcomes of the Geth war. He also explains the motivation behind the Reapers' conduct and actions, completely trivializing them in the process. Bear in mind, I'm not even mentioning the 3 colored choice at the very end (now it has a whole extra option!), nor how your reward for going through 120 hours worth of games is always the same cutscene, with very little variation depending on the color (or lack thereof) that you chose.

The Reapers had so much story potential in ME1, then a lot of what made them cool was stripped away in ME2, then pissed on in ME3.

rtcn63

It autosaves. When you start the game, keep walking to the left (off-screen) until you get to the furthest level you've made it to.

def sim

The Reapers had so much story potential in ME1, then a lot of what made them cool was stripped away in ME2, then pissed on in ME3.

I haven't played the second in ages, but what ruined them in two? Apart from the T-800 at the end, I thought making Harbinger the primary reaper antagonist was a good move. The third game ruined that by
replacing him with the kid
. IIRC, the reason being that the voice actor was not available. Crazy stuff.

Grief.exe

I haven't played the second in ages, but what ruined them in two? Apart from the T-800 at the end, I thought making Harbinger the primary reaper antagonist was a good move. The third game ruined that by
replacing him with the kid
. IIRC, the reason being that the voice actor was not available. Crazy stuff.

I thought Harbinger was a good antagonist, I'm just disappointed in the direction they went in for the ending. Building Reapers out of organic matter and going with the 'human Reaper' was such a disappointing ending.
Especially when you compare it to some of the more interesting story directions they had coming out of ME1.

btw you can disable the graphical filter in the options if you want.

I'll check that out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest, the ending of ME2 didn't bother me at all. I didn't mind the final boss, and I liked what little plot that game had.

It felt a little like a side story, because it focused too much on the characters' past instead of the current conflicts, but I still liked it a lot. The ending of the Overlord DLC may very well be the best mission of the whole trilogy, much better than Lair of the Shadow Broker, which I found uninteresting.

dani_dc

Alright! Made it to the first boss in Volgarr with my fire sword intact! Finished him off quite quickly.

Now before I move on, how do I save my progress?
The game automatically saves how far you got whenever you reach a new level.
Next time you start the game you still start from level 1 but you can go to level 2 by going left at the start.

def sim

I thought Harbinger was a good antagonist, I'm just disappointed in the direction they went in for the ending. Building Reapers out of organic matter and going with the 'human Reaper' was such a disappointing ending.
Especially when you compare it to some of the more interesting story directions they had coming out of ME1.

The direction Bioware went with is disappointing, I agree. It was a mistake explaining them to the extent they did.

The_Monk

My good fellow GAFfers, may I bring your attention to the possibility of checking out Between Me And The Night

StHAOJ5l.png

Greenlight Link

Description:

A surrealist, yet grounded, videogame that dares to walk the thin path between sanity and madness.

Between Me And The Night is a videogame that dwells on duality: good vs. evil; sanity vs. insanity; day vs. night. The Day and Night cycle that exists inside the game is one of the core gameplay features.

During the Day the player will have the opportunity of exploring and interacting with the floating house, solving puzzles to get access to new rooms of this house and to boost his own skills – that will come in handy at night. Many puzzles will have an old-school point-and-click influence.

During the Night the player can try to stay awake and continue to explore the house, but will also have to run away from unexpected adversities. Moreover, when the Boy is sleeping, he will have to face the colossal fears embedded into the Boy’s mind, bearing the armor and weapons of an ancient Knight.

More info & Screenshots on the Greenlight page.

Youtube

phoenixyz

The multiplayer is not robust in the game, sadly. EU4 is the first game Paradox is taking seriously for online multiplayer; unless you're a big fan of CK2, I don't recommend bothering with it outside of LAN. If EU4 doesn't do it for you, wait on the inevitable CK3 for a proper multiplayer experience that isn't plagued by de-syncs and needing to open ports to host a game (if you're lucky).
Is a CK3 even on the horizon? That would be awesome.

Card Boy

Banned
Assassins Creed Liberation HD at $20 seems like a good blind purchase. Really happy Ubisoft is releasing all these budget games lately. A budget Ghost Recon game would be cool.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is that worth it if I found AC to be one of the best games ever albeit not liking AA too much?

Oh man how dare you not prefer the glorious metroidvania that is AA. It is heresy.

Assassins Creed Liberation HD at $20 seems like a good blind purchase. Really happy Ubisoft is releasing all these budget games lately. A budget Ghost Recon game would be cool.
Yeah they also have those two UbiArt engine games lined up for the first half of 2014 as a follow up to the COJ Gunslinger/FC Blood Dragon budget trple-A concept. I loved those two so I'm blind purchasing everything they release that way going forwards.

The_Monk

Just saw there's a specific thread for Greenlight and it's in the fine OP Mr. Orange did... my bad. Will put it there, let me know if there's a problem and I'll edit that post.

nexen

Yes. Thank you. Finally someone that agrees with me on this. The series went into an almost Matrix-esque death spiral after ME1.

Making the reaper out of organisms makes no physical sense either. You'd need to break them apart to their elements at that point, which would be easier to gather by just mining really.

Knurek

I just had my weapons stripped in Half-Life (well, Black Mesa).

Am I nearing the end? Please say yes, I can't say I'm enjoying the game very much - jump scares and enemies teleporting behind you aren't really the thing I'm looking for in a game.

Honey Bunny

Unless you're an AC nut I really wouldn't waste your time with that one. Serviceable as a handheld game but not as anything else..

Tellaerin

More hard to find and incredibly expensive Steam keys:

Thanks for Ether Vapor Remaster, Lint21. I <3 shmups (they'll always be the real "shooters" to me - those things kids call "shooters" these days are FPS's, dammit!), so this definitely brightens up my day.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I just had my weapons stripped in Half-Life (well, Black Mesa).

Am I nearing the end? Please say yes, I can't say I'm enjoying the game very much - jump scares and enemies teleporting behind you aren't really the thing I'm looking for in a game.

If you are not enjoying it why are you playing it? Just curious, but if you are at that point in the game you had enough hours of gameplay to realize things are not going to change anytime soon. To answer your question you are past midpoint in black mesa.

Grief.exe

The game automatically saves how far you got whenever you reach a new level.
Next time you start the game you still start from level 1 but you can go to level 2 by going left at the start.

Thanks, just tested and it works out great!

The direction Bioware went with is disappointing, I agree. It was a mistake explaining them to the extent they did.

It was a mistake even with just the explanation they did choose, especially after reading Rionaa's impressions of the ME3 ending above.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Unless you're an AC nut I really wouldn't waste your time with that one. Serviceable as a handheld game but not as anything else..

Apart from the fact that I love AC, I also I'm rather excited to play a game from a female perspective that isn't just generic RPG gender stuff. Who knows, maybe the industry will make some progress if I buy it.

Wok

My good fellow GAFfers, may I bring your attention to the possibility of checking out Between Me And The Night

StHAOJ5l.png

Greenlight Link

Description:

A surrealist, yet grounded, videogame that dares to walk the thin path between sanity and madness.

Between Me And The Night is a videogame that dwells on duality: good vs. evil; sanity vs. insanity; day vs. night. The Day and Night cycle that exists inside the game is one of the core gameplay features.

During the Day the player will have the opportunity of exploring and interacting with the floating house, solving puzzles to get access to new rooms of this house and to boost his own skills &#8211; that will come in handy at night. Many puzzles will have an old-school point-and-click influence.

During the Night the player can try to stay awake and continue to explore the house, but will also have to run away from unexpected adversities. Moreover, when the Boy is sleeping, he will have to face the colossal fears embedded into the Boy&#8217;s mind, bearing the armor and weapons of an ancient Knight.

More info & Screenshots on the Greenlight page.

Youtube

I have just learnt there is an indie gogo campaign.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/between-me-and-the-night/x/5160206

Here are some games for which I have recently voted for:

Between Me And The Night
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188533298

Pulse Shift
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188341842

Mimpi
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188302952

And there is little time left for the kickstarter of this one:

Cornerstone, The song of Tyrim
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181714113

Cross-posting.

Honey Bunny

Well i am both a nut and a AC fan.

Surely, one facilitates the other

Apart from the fact that I love AC, I also I'm rather excited to play a game from a female perspective that isn't just generic RPG gender stuff. Who knows, maybe the industry will make some progress if I buy it.

Well don't let me dissuade you then. Although I didn't buy the game for that reason, it's definitely a cause I'd be happy to know my purchase inadvertently helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom