• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Seriously... I can't play Naruto until some sort of fix comes out. I'm going to have to wait for Batman to unlock on jump on Enslaved.

Running worse for me, menus are god awfully slow and the fights aren't playable.

I turned off super sampling and it was worse. lol I can usually tolerate random FPS drops but this is worse than the console version. Granted, my PC isn't great, but it can run a fair amount of games on high.

Alastor3

Why does this image remind me of the game Claw so much?

claw0323.jpg

That game... I need to play it!!!

Momentary

Banned
Running worse for me, menus are god awfully slow and the fights aren't playable.

I turned off super sampling and it was worse. lol I can usually tolerate random FPS drops but this is worse than the console version. Granted, my PC isn't great, but it can run a fair amount of games on high.

I had to bump it down to 720p before it would run smooth. Higher resolutions really brings things to a halt. I'm running a GTX 560m on my laptop and it usually runs games just fine. it feels like it drops down below 20fps.

Stitch

Gold Member
Great, bought LEGO Marvel Super Heroes from Nuuvem and then realized that it gets unlocked in 3 weeks in Europe. Thanks Obama Warner.

amrod

Naruto runs fine here on a 680 4gb ...

Momentary

Banned
Vanguard Princess is the last bonus on Groupees' Doujin Bundle. It's also on Steam Greenlight and it's pretty likely that it will get greenlit in the next batch of games.

Just a heads up for those fighting game lovers like me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Vanguard Princess is the last bonus on Groupees' Doujin Bundle. It's also on Steam Greenlight and it's pretty likely that it will get greenlit in the next batch of games.

Just a heads up for those fighting game lovers like me.

This is great news! Thanks for the heads up.

zkylon

zkylewd
Gotta grab that next new shiny.

I also have a very big problem with games like these not allowing you to customize your character

it just feels weird to use the lame prefab characters when I could unleash my creativity on a char creator and play barbie dolls with them

then I would be excited about that +2 scepter of malice

NIN90

Offline mode (with disconnected ethernet cable) doesn't work either. Giving me the same error.
Why does Steam need to contact the servers anyway when going into offline mode?

Head, meet desk.

Phinor

14 more hours until my (new) motherboard arrives. It's been a fun week, all the best games coming out, tons of backlog and my motherboard decided to play its death animation. I spent half a day going through every possible shop in this Finnish city of some 150k people and not a single store is selling PC components anymore. You literally have to order online or drive 200 kilometers south if you want any PC component that goes inside the case. Then there's some 50+ stores selling all the peripherals that remain outside the case including keyboards, mouses, game controllers, monitors, headphones, memory sticks, you name it.

I didn't know the situation was so dire but now I know better. Also thanks for the Nuuvem/Lego Marvel Super Heroes tip.

Offline mode (with disconnected ethernet cable) doesn't work either. Giving me the same error.

Head, meet desk.

That's weird, I've had the same issue but after a few tries Steam fixes itself! :(

Nabs

Head, meet desk.

Have you had these Steam issues for a while, or did it start when you installed your new OS? (I think you just installed a new OS...)

Khronico

The Whispered World is 75% off

Everyone who hasn't already, GET THIS GAME^
Great point n click with strong art design and a surprisingly interesting story.

I also have a very big problem with games like these not allowing you to customize your character

it just feels weird to use the lame prefab characters when I could unleash my creativity on a char creator and play barbie dolls with them

then I would be excited about that +2 scepter of malice

Yeah, I haven't found many loot driven games that really let me go to town on creating a character. I think I'm just burned out on diablo esque games as a genre. I would much rather have a dozen or so truly unique armor sets and weapons than bazillions of cookie cutter "Adjective Noun of the Verb" garbage.

NIN90

Have you had these Steam issues for a while, or did it start when you installed your new OS? (I think you just installed a new OS...)

I've been running on this Windows install for 3 weeks now. This just started 2 hours ago.
Maybe this is related: this just started after I had to reboot because my PC crashed VIOLENTLY. I mean that sorta crash where there's a constant looping sound and you need to hold down the physical button on the PC in order to turn it off.

Eh, fuck it. Heading to bed now. Maybe this'll be resolved once I get up. I faintly remember one case where nobody from Germany could log-in for a day or so.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I haven't found many loot driven games that really let me go to town on creating a character. I think I'm just burned out on diablo esque games as a genre. I would much rather have a dozen or so truly unique armor sets and weapons than bazillions of cookie cutter "Adjective Noun of the Verb" garbage.
yup, it's the difference between dark souls' and diablo's loot paradigms, and it really surprises me how some people do prefer a generic item with bigger numbers as a reward for grinding rather than an unique item as a reward for exploration/achievement :/

Nabs

I've been running on this Windows install for 3 weeks now. This just started 2 hours ago.
Maybe this is related: this just started after I had to reboot because my PC crashed VIOLENTLY. I mean that sorta crash where there's a constant looping sound and you need to hold down the physical button on the PC in order to turn it off.

Eh, fuck it. Heading to bed now. Maybe this'll be resolved once I get up. I faintly remember one case where nobody from Germany could log-in for a day or so.

Yikes. Good luck.

By jove!

I fired up The 39 Steps earlier, fully intending only to play a chapter or two to help clear a Dead Space induced headache, before retiring to bed for the night. Yet I found myself so utterly gripped by the story that I ended up blazing through the last three quarters of it in one session. Talk about a real page turner! :)

The perceptive amongst you will remember that I was bemoaning heavily story driven games earlier. Well this isn't a contradiction at all! Honest. The 39 Steps is not a game at all frankly. Oh yes there are some elementary point and click style elements but they're a sham to be frank. Essentially it is a jolly good jape, stylishly told with a bit of interactive window dressing. If you have four hours or so to kill and like a good yarn then I heartily recommend it.

My problem with heavily story driven games is that they invariably spoil the actual interactive, gameplay element of games. If I want to play a game I want to play a bloody game, not sit passively watching hugely expensive cut scenes twiddling my thumbs, irritated that I'm being stopped from playing and being force fed a story I don't care about starring characters I don't care about. If I'm playing a game that I know is basically just a story like Dear Esther or The 39 Steps with no real gameplay then I'm getting what I signed up for and am quite happy with that. Very few games I've played have managed that fine marriage of gameplay and story without getting on my nerves, let alone being a story that I have enjoyed. Even the intro to Super Metroid gets on my tits FFS!

tl;dr: four hours to spare, fancy a good yarn? The 39 Steps cheap or in a bundle? Get it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's why I said "him leaving", not "the new CEO likes steam lolz".

Sure, but you did directly follow that with, "Maybe the new CEO is not adverse as selling from wherever...", so naturally I assumed that you thought he'd been quickly replaced and his replacement was responsible for EA's rather significant push into outer-Origin deals.

The gist of it is that Ubisoft/Ludia had the license in the US while Koch/Deep Silver had the license everywhere else. Ubisoft chose to make use of the license, along with the Price is Right license, to release full price games on Kinect and Wii. As a result, the XBLA/PSN/PC downloadable Millionaire game was never released in the US. Ubisoft's license has now expired and Deep Silver appears to have taken over the US license, so the game itself got a release a few weeks ago. I suspect they're not discounting the game because it just came out, and I suspect the DLC was probably negotiated separately. Since a lot of the DLC is themed (Star Trek, South Park) it probably interferes with separate game licenses for those series in the US; Paramount Digital of course reserves the license for Star Trek, and who knows what the South Park situation is (although Ubisoft is publishing the upcoming game, so they possibly have the license, which would probably mean they wouldn't allow Deep Silver who just pilfered their Millionaire license to release the DLC)

Ah, I didn't even notice the release date, haha. That'd certainly explain it.

Ubi better make the same deal on Steam once the season pass has it's own store entry or recognizes my Gold Edition.

Did you eat the cost of the RU DDE or are you going to resell it as I suggested?

It works fine, people are running into problems when they leave the client open for long periods of time.

So by the very definition of the word, it doesn't work fine. ;)

lol Jase if you dont mind what do you do for a living...

I'm but a simple purveyor of Saoirse Ronan avatars.

HOLY SHIT! Enslaved got released too!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/245280/

The lack of an early bird discount is rather annoying. I'll pick it up after the Halloween Sale.

Apparently Naruto is region-locked for the RU copies.

Yeah, gifting is disabled. It's only a few bucks cheaper, anyway.

Good Guy Warner.

Just kidding. I still hate you. ;)

Turfster

Anyone play Forced? Reddit's done its thing and bumped it up to the Top 10.

Man, that sob story looks like viral BS.
People living in a university for months without anyone noticing?
What kind of bank loans homeless bums without a cent to their name 200k?
Also they kickstarted for 40k, got 65k and still needed five times that?
Someone really failed to judge budget/time expenses there.

Steam Beta Update:

We have just updated the beta with the following changes:

General:
Fixed issue with ever-increasing playtime for games that aren't running
Fixed crash at startup with certain window managers on Linux

Windows:
Fixed a bug where maximing would lead to an incorrectly sized window if the Steam window was on a secondary monitor that has the primary taskbar positioned on it

Nice.

Pudge

Anyone play Forced? Reddit's done its thing and bumped it up to the Top 10.

I played a bit yesterday with two friends, it seems like the kind of game that would only be fun in Co-Op. The first few levels are mind numbingly easy, but then it surprisingly becomes a decent little puzzle game as long as you've got friends to help you solve stuff and move the little spirit dude around. The combat skills are pretty varied too and there are a ton to unlock across the four classes, which you can switch to at any time.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

How is it running worst for you when my friend is running it on his laptop with an Intel Hd Graphics 4400 with no problems at full 30fps?

derExperte

That's strange, I've been playing Batman for an hour and got an achievement but there's no sign of the game in my profile. No playtime, not even an entry in my list of games. Anyone else with that problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom