• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm torn between Dead Island and Euro Truck Sim. And not buying either and holding off for Ikaruga.

Someone tell me not to buy either. D:

I'm torn between Dead Island and Euro Truck Sim. And not buying either and holding off for Ikaruga.

Well Dead Island is kinda crappy unless you wanna play it with a controller and use the analog melee system, then it's kind of a novelty.

I'd say supporting Treasure's first foray into PC gaming is more important on the whole.

derExperte

I liked DI more than a lot of GAFers and haven't played Euro Truck much. But buy Euro Truck. Or wait until the winter sale.

TheSeks

Euro Truck Sim 2.

Got any podcasts you like to listen to? No better way to kick back with 'em then that.

I'm deaf, so that doesn't work on me.

But I didn't mind the demo. It was kinda relaxing but I dunno if it's worth $8.

Now if Train Simulator 2014 went to $8... I'd buy that in a heart-beat despite feeling the same way. I mean that sucker is $40... so... you know...?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Well do you like borderlands? Well Dead Island is like that except everything is replaced by melee weapons(with some guns on the side), the zany funny creatures/enemies/characters are replaced by bland zombies/serious people with bad voice overs, and some BOW type enemies from Resident Evil.

Can't say anything for Euro Truck Sim.

Lunaniem

That's strange, I've been playing Batman for an hour and got an achievement but there's no sign of the game in my profile. No playtime, not even an entry in my list of games. Anyone else with that problem?

That sometimes happens if the game isn't out in every country yet, wait till after the US release and it should show up.

def sim

To be fair to Dead Island: It's a fine co-op game and the manual melee control with analog is satisfying. Going solo is not recommended as many missions feel like a chore and the story isn't much to talk about.

TheSeks

Well do you like borderlands?

jbafLdsVSu0aUu.png

I guess I'll get Euro Truck/Lorry Simulator then. So much for my strong will and holding out for Ikaruga and not getting anything but BF4 and DS2 and that for the next year. D: DAMN YOU GABE.

derExperte

That sometimes happens if the game isn't out in every country yet, wait till after the US release and it should show up.

Oh, I thought it's out in the US too. Then that's it, I remember the same happening with Metro:LL.

Whaa...

I can't think of any possible reason why Konami would do that, but I'm always for more games on Steam than less. So Yay!

75% off next week during Halloween sale and I might buy it again, was better than expected.

Pudge

75% off next week during Halloween sale and I might buy it again, was better than expected.

Yeah, I remember the quick look of it not looking terrible, might be worth $5. I wonder if its one of those games that doesn't show that it has controller support but it does. The store page is old, and it is a straight console port.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I played through Saw on 360 and thought it was a lot better than most licensed games, let alone licensed games based on a not particularly good set of movies. I wouldn't pay $20 (let alone $120!) for it, but it's nice that it's back and I personally would recommend it at a discount.

derExperte

Yeah, I remember the quick look of it not looking terrible, might be worth $5. I wonder if its one of those games that doesn't show that it has controller support but it does. The store page is old, and it is a straight console port.

I'm 99.9% sure I played it with a gamepad.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
http://store.steampowered.com/app/27300/

Don't know if this was already posted, Saw is apparently back on Steam?
I think I just heard JaseC's celebrating right now.

I played through Saw on 360 and thought it was a lot better than most licensed games, let alone licensed games based on a not particularly good set of movies. I wouldn't pay $20 (let alone $120!) for it, but it's nice that it's back and I personally would recommend it at a discount.
Would you recommend it to someone who hasn't seen the movies, and is afraid of needles and that kind of stuff?

def sim

A game like this with Halloween coming up, we might just see that discount soon enough.

Grief.exe

When Stump and Jase were talking about it earlier this week he said that he was thinking about buying it, but was going to hold off until after the Winter sale. Dodged a bullet with that one.

I believe Catabarez talked about buying it for a couple games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
A saw/silent hill halloween sale combo might interest him. I'd pick up both at the right price.
I'd pay a nice amount of cash for a PC port of Shattered Memories. Maybe I should try running it through Dolphin in 1080p, though I don't know if it will run well on my rig. And I also don't think pointing with the mouse would feel as good as using the Wiimote as a flashlight.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Would you recommend it to someone who hasn't seen the movies, and is afraid of needles and that kind of stuff?

You don't need to see the movies at all, no requirement there. There is some squeamish stuff, but honestly nothing is remotely as bad as, say, that part near the end of Dead Space 2 if you played that.

Turfster

You don't need to see the movies at all, no requirement there. There is some squeamish stuff, but honestly nothing is remotely as bad as, say, that part near the end of Dead Space 2 if you played that.

This pretty much sums up the movies, yes. =p
(I guess the first one was okay, but they got sillier and sillier)

Dambrosi

Banned
Vanguard Princess is the last bonus on Groupees' Doujin Bundle. It's also on Steam Greenlight and it's pretty likely that it will get greenlit in the next batch of games.

Just a heads up for those fighting game lovers like me.
Nice. I remember making quite the long and pic-filled post about this some four years back. It'll be good to get a Steam key for see it on Steam after all that time, preferably with an online mode that isn't hacked together with cans and bits of string.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't play DS2, but I heard about that part. You're talking about the
needle in the eye
, right?

It's good to know the game isn't like that. I'm the kind of guy who passes out when getting a blood test, so you can guess I'm not a fan of that kind of gore.

I think the latest PixelVision with the beta client just knocked out the spacing mod in grid view. Anyone know how to fix it?

And Stearn downloads are queued now, sweet.

def sim

I didn't play DS2, but I heard about that part. You're talking about the
needle in the eye
, right?

It's good to know the game isn't like that. I'm the kind of guy who passes out when getting a blood test, so you can guess I'm not a fan of that kind of gore.

You can watch the Giant Bomb quick look of both SAW games if you want a better sense of the gore with a more light-hearted approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom