• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kind of OT but Jase as much as I appreciate your Saoirse gifs do you have anything from Hanna? I would like an ass kicking version of her for some variety.

I did have a few, but I think they were uploaded to Abload before the account system was introduced, so they've been lost to time. I can always make some, though.

Everyone should give a thumbs up to Vanguard Princess on Greenlight
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187111395

It's the last game in the doujinishi bundle currently on groupees.

Done and done.

Here is a little giveaway...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-2F83E704B959161F - Taken by Aaron. 13 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II -- MB-AA9224D91DAC2F11 - Taken by Kuroyume. 13 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-1956C661D2070F65 - Taken by Cuban Legend. 3 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-13B8FEEDC448EA4D - Taken by ctw0e. 14 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-75893B054EC083B9 - Taken by oipic. 8 entrants total.

t1382692422z1.png

I'm digging into my backlog some and playing Monkey Island. I forgot how hilarious this game can get xD. At first I was only playing through the first so I could play the second, but I'm getting the hang of some of the more obtuse puzzles and enjoying myself now. I don't hate Guybrush's sprite now! That's something I guess.

Edit: I'm using enhanced steam (dunno if this is its problem or not) and whenever I go to the market or greenlight I get everything in french for the rest of the session in that tab. If I just wanna look at the store everything is fine, but my inventory, the market, and greenlight are in french for some reason. So weeeiiird

Jawmuncher

Done and done.
excellent

I'm digging into my backlog some and playing Monkey Island. I forgot how hilarious this game can get xD. At first I was only playing through the first so I could play the second, but I'm getting the hang of some of the more obtuse puzzles and enjoying myself now. I don't hate Guybrush's sprite now! That's something I guess.

I still have 1 and 2 on my 360 and have yet to play them. Someday...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ride to Hell Retribution looks so bad that I want it. Not quite at 5.00 but at 2.49 I might bite. Hoping Riptide it's 5.00 in the winter sale.

Blablurn

Got a question about family sharing. I added a friend of mine. He can see my library on his account but I can't see his on my account. When he loogged back into my account, HE could see his game. Even sent me a screenshot. But once I log in into my account I just see my games :(

Deques

Got a question about family sharing. I added a friend of mine. He can see my library on his account but I can't see his on my account. When he loogged back into my account, HE could see his game. Even sent me a screenshot. But once I log in into my account I just see my games :(

Did you friend got an invite to the family sharing beta?

I still have 1 and 2 on my 360 and have yet to play them. Someday...
As far as I can tell the first one isn't that long at all. I'm just over 3 hours in and my completion is at 57% That's part of why I chose to play through it, I needed something short-ish and focused.
It really is.
Yeah... I can handle the download page in Metro being borked, I don't really look at it at all. Default Steam is just... bad.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

... err, family sharing isn't a two-way thing.

Addnan

Are there any VAC enabled games where it doesn't say in the store page that it is VAC enabled? Hoarding all those drops is finally going to pay off, but I am not bothered to download about 100 games, so was gonna use SAM for those that are not VAC.

JaseC

Are there any VAC enabled games where it doesn't say in the store page that it is VAC enabled? Hoarding all those drops is finally going to pay off, but I am not bothered to download about 100 games, so was gonna use SAM for those that are not VAC.

If you don't want to use SAM, you can go into the installation directory of any CEG/"Steam DRM"-supporting game, create a steam_appid.txt file, open it and type in the app id of the game you want to idle in, and then run the executable. When you're done you just close the game, change the app id, and then run the executable again. Rinse and repeat.

Kabouter

Played through Gone Home yesterday and really enjoyed myself, there's not too much to say without spoiling the experience for those who haven't played it, but suffice it to say that it was a very interesting experience that played with player expectations really well.

Also been playing some Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion with the Forbidden Worlds DLC, which is pretty good. The new planet types are okay and a decent enough addition, but I especially love the ton of new planet modifiers they added as well as planet specialization. It makes planets just that bit more unique and allows you more choice in how to shape your empire. Of course Rebellion in general is a great game and I would highly recommend it to any strategy fan, but I feel like Forbidden Worlds just makes a little bit better still.

Also played a ton of Farming Simulator 2013: Titanium Edition over the past few weeks. I don't think most people here would like it much, but I really do. I love how you can basically craft your own experience, either taking it easy and playing a very relaxing game or doing what I'm doing now, acquiring a bunch of fields and with the aid of the courseplay mod harvest/re-plant five fields at the same time which can mean quite a bit of multi-tasking. The new map the Titanium Edition adds is better than the one with the original, fields are larger and space to manoeuvre is a bit more plentiful. The larger fields can be worked pretty well still thanks to the addition of a bunch of new vehicles designed for larger farns. The massive new combines in particular are brilliant, as well as the addition of a truck to take your harvest to be sold much quicker. Overall, a good add-on. That said, I do think that a future Farming Simulator definitely needs several things added: Physics in FS2013 are bad and need a complete redesign, I want to be able to build my farm not just buy new machinery, I want more animals and want more management of them and I want a more alive world where I'm not the only farmer around. It'd be nice to be one of several farms and to expand by buying fields from other farmers rather than being presented with several dozen empty fields waiting for you to come along and buy them for cultivation. Lastly, a bit more randomness in the game would be nice. Right now the most you get in terms of events (outside of the missions that quickly become uninteresting) are great demands for certain crops and sales on vehicles or land.

Think that about covers new stuff I've been playing recently.

Deques

Does the key require you to be in the US to activate, or is it just because it's on the US gamestop page? If it's universal, PM me and we'll arrange a paypal thing.

It's a GameStop thing, not the key. I am thinking right now if I want the game or not. You know the Tages DRM...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's a GameStop thing, not the key. I am thinking right now if I want the game or not. You know the Tages DRM...

I just bought Riddick from Gamestop, and I'm not in the US. I had to install Impulse or whatever it's called now to get my key, but everything worked fine.

Arthea

I was playing some of Organ Trail and thinking how it got greenlit. I understand that concept is interesting, but the game does nothing for me.

Shadow Warrior Classic is brutal, or I've gotten soft during last gen. I wonder is there some bug? I got a door to open with the golden key first time, then I got killed and I can't seem to open it with the same key again.

I stopped myself from buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 too. No way driving a truck can be fun. Right guys?

JaseC

So the WBID stuff in Arkham Origins is entirely optional, you can go through two or three nag screens then choose to never be notified about the WBID again.

I was playing some of Organ Trail and thinking how it got greenlit. I understand that concept is interesting, but the game does nothing for me.

Yeah same for me really. I played it for an hour but after that I was bored. Got cards though. I think somebody can dig it if one enjoys a throwback to atari graphics and sounds. Maybe its better suited as a mobile game but really I don't want to touch that game anymore in any platform.

Arthea

Yeah same for me really. I played it for an hour but after that I was bored. Got cards though. I think somebody can dig it if one enjoys a throwback to atari graphics and sounds. Maybe its better suited as a mobile game but really I don't want to touch that game anymore in any platform.
Yup, same, got bored really fast.
I still need to get like 5 cards, this game has too many!

It so can.
I suspected as much (><)
Just need to save my moneys for Xmas sale, I missed it last year, was on a trip. So, this year will be double Xmas sale for me, imagine that!

If anybody was wondering, 20% code isn't working with Tomb Rider on gmg. Will wait some more.

Copons

I think its main issue is the extremely uncomfortable shooting system.

mrgone

Ghostbusters: The Video Game (steamworks) seems to be available for $10 usd from GameStop/Impulse as well. I know some folks were lamenting missing that one

Deus Ex HR DC is borked. It should've worked just over an hour ago but I'm still getting "Not yet released" in my library. I guess they screwed up the release date or something.

Yaska

Can't install either, even after trying with the steam-install link in a browser, the game gives not released error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom