• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
He has whole of Halloween to catch up on watching Ghostbusters.

But he may have only today to buy Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

Oh, but I DO have that game!

So this is how it feels to be a JaseC... nice!

By the way, I was called Australian couple of days ago by a GAFfer for using the expression "no worries" you may be the one to blame. ;)

My plan is working! :p

thanks for this, love the story/film but Ive been hesitant to play

Oh thanks :). You might have a different reaction to it from me since I couldn't remember the story. I think I may have seen the old Kenneth More movie when I was younger but we could be talking 30-40 years ago quite easily. If you do try it I would be interested to see what you thought of it.

I won and the key doesn't work (boo and indeed hoo), but thanks for the giveaway anyway!

lol well played! :D

Yup cultural clashes... I have traumas since my trip to England in the game (sorry Woo) !
Mph in place of Km messed with my sense of speed (hilarity ensues...), some fucker fined me because my truck wasn't sufficiently lit at night (I swear the most powerful lights are forbidden in France when there are other cars around), my employer gave me a thing barely looking like a truck that can't speed up to save its life but manage to lose control every 5 minutes, and my auto save awaits me, truck gently on top of a little fence, unmovable without calling for help. After two calls for help already, two repairs, blowing the deadline and sleepy, my driver is half convinced this is the land of the devil.

Oh by the way Woo, or anyone in the know about this land of light fining savages... you drive on the left, ok no problem but... when there are several lanes, which one is the normal one ? :-x
Edit. Stupid question with two lanes, yeah, was more about where I should drive on a highway with three lanes, one of the three regularly going inner city. On the middle one would be logical. Was stressful not knowing where to drive at night though.

LOL that's quite alright; I perfectly understand :). I can have mini traumas just from leaving the house and interacting with the Grate [sic] British Public as a pedestrian, let alone as a driver given the appalling driving standards here nowadays.

When you are on the main carriageway of the motorway, remain in the first lane until you get used to the speed. If you need to overtake you must return to the first lane as soon as possible but only if its safe to do so! Many motorists try to stay in the overtaking lanes for normal driving. This is bad practice and causes inconvenience and tailbacks and annoys other users.

Lane Discipline

When driving along motorways always remain in the left lane unless you are travelling faster than traffic ahead of you and it is safe to move over to the right lanes. If you use these lanes you must return to the left lane as soon as it is safe to do so.

It is bad practice to try and stay in the overtaking lanes for normal driving. This annoys other users because they can see that you are avoiding the empty lanes on the left, or never using your mirrors to see the tailbacks that you are causing. Remember the two-second rule. Four seconds will give you time to react easily and you will be more relaxed.

http://www.2pass.co.uk/motorway.htm

I consulted Google as I haven't been able to afford to run a car for a few years now so am rusty where motorways are concerned. The first lane they mention is the one on the left and the overtaking lane they mention is the one on the right [and the middle :p] Also, they have changed the law recently I believe to fine drivers who hog the middle lane. People do this because that makes it easier to manoeuvre between the lanes [obviously] and is a pain for other drivers and arguably contributes to accidents. Whether the game would reflect any change in legislation or not I wouldn't know. Lastly, if you are a lorry stick to the left lane unless you have to overtake. I think there may be some regulation about this and from what I remember of motorway driving that was what lorries tend to do.

If anyone else in the UK cares to add to this and/or correct me please do :).

I'm digging into my backlog some and playing Monkey Island. I forgot how hilarious this game can get xD. At first I was only playing through the first so I could play the second, but I'm getting the hang of some of the more obtuse puzzles and enjoying myself now. I don't hate Guybrush's sprite now! That's something I guess.

Edit: I'm using enhanced steam (dunno if this is its problem or not) and whenever I go to the market or greenlight I get everything in french for the rest of the session in that tab. If I just wanna look at the store everything is fine, but my inventory, the market, and greenlight are in french for some reason. So weeeiiird

I had a similar problem a few days ago that resisted all attempts to resolve it until I deleted the Enhanced Steam extension and re-added it. I mentioned it in the thread and Mr Shackles said that his extension just takes its language from what the Steam Client is using. I pointed out that it had been set to English as normal throughout this issue with ES but he didn't respond *shrugs*. Sorry for your hassle but I'm glad to hear it isn't just me :). Hope that helps.

Now that the Infinite Space mod for FTL has been updated (it works now!), I'm back in the cockpit seat. Been wanting to play this mod for a long time!

Ooooh! I've never installed a mod but if one game will get me to do it it is this one! :D I shall put it to the back of my mind though as I have far too many other games to get to first. Do not fret FTL my love. I shall return to thee!

Jawmuncher

I don't think there's any co-op at all.

Which is a damn shame.
When I played through it last summer it begged for it.
Well that and being able to make your own character.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if both those features were planned at one point.

Jawmuncher

Anyone want a '25% off Volgarr the Viking' coupon? I know it's quite a popular game right now.

Since were offering Coupons these are all free to a good home

90% off Iron Sky
90% off Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire
90% 3switcheD
75% off Prime World: Defenders x2
75% Droid Assualt
75% Pressure
66% Eversion
66% Ion Assault
66% Delve Deeper x3
50% Game of Dwarves

(Iron Sky is apparently a licensed game I think)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Since were offering Coupons these are all free to a good home

90% off Iron Sky x2
90% off Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire
90% 3switcheD
75% off Prime World: Defenders x2
75% Droid Assualt
75% Pressure
66% Eversion
66% Ion Assault
66% Delve Deeper x3
50% Game of Dwarves

(Iron Sky is apparently a licensed game I think)

Oh wow. I'd love to take an Iron Sky coupon off your hands.

Edit: Cheers! One less licensed game to worry about.

Nabs

Human Revolution - Directors Cut is going to be Steamplay (PC/Mac).

If you guys like coupons I have 75% off Pressure, 75% off Earth 2160 and that Volgarr coupon.

ray-stantz-cigarette-drop.gif

Ha! Fuckin' perfect.

Jawmuncher

Agarest War has the weirdest Selection of Cards I have seen yet.
You need 2 of the same card for the set. But oddly enough even though they are the same card they have two separate selections when buying.
All I can assume is someone messed up bad over at Ghostlight

(I'm hoping this page explains what I mean)
http://steamtradingcards.wikia.com/wiki/Agarest:_Generations_of_War

Yep. It knocked down the price to a perfectly reasonable $4. Thanks again!

Nice.

ngt

Anyone grabbed Riddick and Ghostbusters from Gamestop? Are those really Steam keys? I'm asking because it says "Digital Download via GameStop App" in checkout.

If you guys like coupons I have 75% off Pressure, 75% off Earth 2160 and that Volgarr coupon.

I'd like a coupon for Earth 2160 please.

JakeD

Anyone grabbed Riddick and Ghostbusters from Gamestop? Are those really Steam keys? I'm asking because it says "Digital Download via GameStop App" in checkout.

I'd like a coupon for Earth 2160 please.

just bought ghostbusters, and yes its a steam key

Deques

GameStop always require their app in order to retrieve the steam keys

Knurek

Sigh, someone fucked up at Squeenix - for Euroguys, DE:HR:DC is 20% more expensive on Steam than what they promised on their official blog. :|

So, bought Mass Effect Collection (ME1+ME2 Digital Deluxe). Yeah, as I haven't had a good pc gaming rig...maybe ever.. I've missed these games totally. Heard a lot of stuff though but haven't been spoiled thankfully. Pretty good deal to get these two for €10 (includes some extras for ME2) but I had to think about waiting the day EA gives up and releases ME3 (and DLCs) on steam. Good thing really I will get a new rig next weekend, as I finished a deal with my friend who is building a new PC so I got his old one. I can finally play my backlog games, other than indies.

But as I already bite that deal, I now have ME1 and ME2 on steam.. but ME3 only via playstation plus. On the other hand, ME3 ending has been touted so bad, maybe it's good way to end my Shepards story in ME2 and get a clean start in ME3 lol. Or if I give in and buy ME3 from Origin...

So a question: If I buy ME3 from Origin, can I import my Mass Effect 2 character (from my steam-bought game) to ME3?

Dambrosi

Banned
You know what? I bought a bunch of bundles this morning, and once I'd finished adding all the Steam codes through the client, I was surprised to see that I now have 410 games on Steam.

That's right, I broke 400 games today
and yes, that includes DX:HR:DC
. Am I Based Gaben Master Race yet?

Jawmuncher

So, bought Mass Effect Collection (ME1+ME2 Digital Deluxe). Yeah, as I haven't had a good pc gaming rig...maybe ever.. I've missed these games totally. Heard a lot of stuff though but haven't been spoiled thankfully. Pretty good deal to get these two for €10 (includes some extras for ME2) but I had to think about waiting the day EA gives up and releases ME3 (and DLCs) on steam. Good thing really I will get a new rig next weekend, as I finished a deal with my friend who is building a new PC so I got his old one. I can finally play my backlog games, other than indies.

But as I already bite that deal, I now have ME1 and ME2 on steam.. but ME3 only via playstation plus. On the other hand, ME3 ending has been touted so bad, maybe it's good way to end my Shepards story in ME2 and get a clean start in ME3 lol. Or if I give in and buy ME3 from Origin...

So a question: If I buy ME3 from Origin, can I import my Mass Effect 2 character (from my steam-bought game) to ME3?

Im pretty sure you can. Recall a few Gaffers had to do it.
Also even if you use ME3 PS+ with the inclusion of the Comic that lets you pick choices before you start you can basically make your exact shepard regardless of platform.

I have this interesting bug, when my steam voice setting was set to automatically transmit, steam takes up to 20% of my cpu usage. And when I set it to push to talk, it went back to normal.

phoenixyz

I am pretty sure there's no Steam-Origin magic happening with the saves. So even when Origin-ME3 doesn't automatically find the Steam-ME2 saves you should be able to move/copy them where ever they are needed.

You sure can, it'll pick them up automatically si you shouldn't miss 3.

I actually enjoyed ME3 the most, even if it is a very different game to ME1 in style. The ending is stupid, but so is the rest of the story. So just keep an open mind and enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom