• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, before the thread fills up with people begging others to help them circumvent the regional restrictions on the sale (note: we actually have an entirely separate thread for this), has anyone from a non-North American area tried just putting in a phony US billing address and paying via Paypal? I ask because Amazon allows non-Americans to buy DD games if they put in a phony US billing address.

In the past I tried pretty much everything (new account through VPN, CC with fake address, PayPal) to buy the C&C Ultimate Collection from Impulse/Gamestop and nothing worked. PayPal failed in the end because it also checks if your account is from NA.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Guys, before the thread fills up with people begging others to help them circumvent the regional restrictions on the sale (note: we actually have an entirely separate thread for this), has anyone from a non-North American area tried just putting in a phony US billing address and paying via Paypal? I ask because Amazon allows non-Americans to buy DD games if they put in a phony US billing address.

If you are talking about the Ghostbusters deal, In my case I can't even add it to the cart. And to Impulse I'm basically a US citizen except for the credit card info.

EDIT: I could try to use a VPN when I get home though.

Aitor

Tried already, and didn't work, I even have a USA paypal account with money in it, that I use for Spotify and didn't work, Still asking for a credit card with a USA address.
Have on Paypal. $10.27 USD and still get the

" Trader asked to provide a confirmed address for delivery. To confirm your address, attach a card associated with that address."

RS4-

I think I'll hold off from buying the Dues Ex DC; plate full with PoE and BF4.

And when I do get around to buying the DC, I'm not going to play stealth again, that took ages just to do the first few missions.

Razorskin

----- ------
The Ghostbusters game was pretty good imo, played through the whole thing on PS3. Wouldn't get it again though, did get Dark Athena.

kami_sama

Deus Ex HR DC has released, restart Steam if you can't start downloading.

OT: Thank god for 100Mb/s, I don't want to wait for hours to play it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
With some address trickery, I managed to make a purchase on the Gamestop website, but it's up for review. I don't think It'll go through... :(

Baha

Since were offering Coupons these are all free to a good home

90% off Iron Sky
90% off Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire
90% 3switcheD
75% off Prime World: Defenders x2
75% Droid Assualt
75% Pressure
66% Eversion
66% Ion Assault
66% Delve Deeper x3
50% Game of Dwarves

(Iron Sky is apparently a licensed game I think)

Could I have the Jagged Alliance 2 and 3switcheD coupons if you still have them? My steam profile is here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BahaFS/

I'm kinda tight on money and I hate to spend more than I have to. Gone Home and Sir You are being hunted 50% sales expire in 2 hours. What's the odds they will be cheaper in the upcoming halloween/fall sale?

Well I need to retrieve my password for gamestop and my email isnt working right now. But as soon as i get it working I can buy 1 copy of any game for somebody. Last time I tried to buy something from gamestop was the 400 days dlc for walking dead and it wouldnt allow me to buy more than 1 copy so I assume there is a limit.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Well I need to retrieve my password for gamestop and my email isnt working right now. But as soon as i get it working I can buy 1 copy of any game for somebody. Last time I tried to buy something from gamestop was the 400 days dlc for walking dead and it wouldnt allow me to buy more than 1 copy so I assume there is a limit.

Not only we have to find somebody else to buy the game for us, people can only buy one copy of the game each? Goddammit...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ordered Riddick first (which went through just fine) then ordered Ghostbusters which is "up for review". I'm in the US I shouldn't be having these kinds of problems. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm kinda tight on money and I hate to spend more than I have to. Gone Home and Sir You are being hunted 50% sales expire in 2 hours. What's the odds they will be cheaper in the upcoming halloween/fall sale?

Cheaper? Near-0. Same price? Possible. Cheaper by Christmas? Likely.

Cheaper? Near-0. Same price? Possible. Cheaper by Christmas? Likely.

I can't comment on the sale, but if they fail to release a special themed "Sir, You are being Haunted" update next week I shall be most disappointed in them.

Gbraga

Is there a way to fix the screen tearing in Dark Souls using the DSFix without major vsync input lag? I think I'll start my first playthrough next month or early december, but from what I recall the input lag with vsync on was unbearable, everythink else worked like a charm

def sim

Is there a way to fix the screen tearing in Dark Souls using the DSFix without major vsync input lag? I think I'll start my first playthrough next month or early december, but from what I recall the input lag with vsync on was unbearable, everythink else worked like a charm

turn on windowed borderless mode with dsfix

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Gamestop might be out of keys for Ghostbusters (?)

Tried ordering from another account and got the same "we're processing your order within the next 1 business day" nonsense.

EDIT: Nevermind, first one came through just now. Guess I'm (most likely) getting two!

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I just need three more friends to get into the steam console beta. Please add me: ColdsnapBryan. Thanks so much.

Dat gallery
4E197043EC10988588B998481CA60FF6E5E46248

Looks like Gamestop might be out of keys for Ghostbusters (?)

Tried ordering from another account and got the same "we're processing your order within the next 1 business day" nonsense.

EDIT: Nevermind, first one came through just now. Guess I'm (most likely) getting two!

re they steam keys? and how much?

Ghostbusters? Steam? Wat? Where?

On another note:

Cant seem to find the thread about the hentai-game. One Gaffer bought this Oculus Rift Hentai-Game and posted some impressions. Anyone has the link to that thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom