• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolor

Why is everyone hoping for games that aren't on Steam anymore?

For me personally, I prefer Steam to be my single point of entry into PC gaming, so I want everything I can get on Steam.

Generally, though, more options for where to buy games is better than fewer.

Grief.exe

Everyone is so giddy when removed games come back on Steam.

No one is more giddier than Jase, that alone saves him yonks of Australian Dollars.

1989detr.gif

tumblr_ml4j9bwqPo1rmyfvko3_250.gif

nexen

Oh - time for my public service announcement:

JASF, Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters, is absolutely terrible.

I may have rendering glitches but there are no shadows in the game, explosions are just random triangle chaff (an effect I haven't seen since the early days of software 3d), the flight model is simple even for an arcade game, and the controls are very bad (ground strafing targets is nearly impossible for me).

The only customization options I could find were resolution and vsync. Super terrible game. Avoid.

edit edit: just checked a youtube video. shadows were there, but the f/x were still as bad. wow.

edit: Narco Terror. on the other hand, is a good bit of dumb fun.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Microsoft released "The Harvest" for Steam. It was something of a killer app type game for Windows Phone 7 where it was originally released, and probably their highest profile Windows 8 game release before the Halo twin-stick shooter. I played the demo on WP7 and it was enjoyable enough. Not sure I'd recommend paying 9.99 for it.

Knytt Underground is out as well. It's been in multiple indie bundles, so you might already own it.

eyeless

that can't really be the australian dollar right

when i was a kid i assumed the simpsons australia episode where they kick bart with a big boot as punishment had some sort of basis in maybe an old practice or something

i just thought they wouldn't just completely make up something that ridiculous for some reason

Crawl

Microsoft released "The Harvest" for Steam. It was something of a killer app type game for Windows Phone 7 where it was originally released, and probably their highest profile Windows 8 game release before the Halo twin-stick shooter. I played the demo on WP7 and it was enjoyable enough. Not sure I'd recommend paying 9.99 for it.

Knytt Underground is out as well. It's been in multiple indie bundles, so you might already own it.

So Halo Spartan Assault Release Imminent!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

The Harvest looks pretty good actually, but I'm a sucker for anything labeled "Action RPG".

I bought Knytt Underground from the Indie Gala Flashpoint bundle. sigh It always takes them forever to get Steam keys.

derExperte

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Halo Trilogy, Gears of War, and Viva Pinata incoming.

I'm sad to say I would probably play the hell out of Viva Pinata if it were on Steam.

Megasoum

Banned
Well I was stupid...

I jumped ont he 25% off code on GMG to buy The Wolf Among Us thinking it would be a Steamwork game... Turns out it's a code that register directly on the Teltale game.

WTF is that crap.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Telltale out of all peope would do stupid shit like that. They are the worst technology wise.

I was thinking about the reason these old games being released on Steam (Anachronox, Pandemonium, etc) and it may br Valve preparing the ground for the Steam Controller because one of the features is work with games without conttoller support.

Grief.exe

I was thinking about the reason these old games being released on Steam (Anachronox, Pandemonium, etc) and it may br Valve preparing the ground for the Steam Controller because one of the features is work with games without conttoller support.

Probably not related.

Purely an economic decision brought about by Steam's prominence on the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom