• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
New patch for Teleglitch is live.

8.8 Patch notes:

-You can now zoom the map using mouse wheel.
-Added HD mode. Check the options menu.
-Fixed missing module names in level4b
-Upgraded to SDL2. This should fix most of the weirdness with the game window.
-You no longer have to restart the game to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode.
-Levels are now much more random (inspired by one of the Xangi's mods)
-Fixed a minor bug that allowed you to reload when you had no ammo.

Time for some glitchin'

Fuuuuuuuck I wanted to get some work done today but the bolded just completely stabbed that idea in the back.

Tenrius

I am sorry if this is not the right thread but I just want to ask something.

My account got hacked and hijacked yesterday. I wrote to steam support with all the needed information (at least I hope I wrote everything they need).

Now my question is, how long does it usually take for the Support team to get into action and retrieve a hijacked account? If somebody has an idea or experience with it.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about retrieving accounts, but their responses are notoriously slow in general. Might have to wait a few days. Anyway, how did it happen? You didn't have SteamGuard enabled or did they also steal your email account?

DrAg0nBoY

I don't know about retrieving accounts, but their responses are notoriously slow in general. Might have to wait a few days. Anyway, how did it happen? You didn't have SteamGuard enabled or did they also steal your email account?

Oh I see. I do hope I get it back though ...

I was stupid. Got on a site, didn't see that the link was kinda fishy, got an email from steam with the SteamGuard code for an access with a new computer and got so hacked ... If I looked closely at the email, I could see from where in the world they were trying to access my steam account. But I saw that too late ...

No I just hope, the account doesn't get banned and I get it back.

What do people gain from stealing a steam account? I mean I guess they could buy things and gift them to their account IF the stolen account had steam dollars in it. But then their actual account would get banned.

I finished Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs last night, and now it's giving me a 2.4 GB update? Did anyone else get this, or is it just a Steam Cloud quirk?

I really dug the game. While I think the super simplification of the puzzles worked for the story they were telling, I'm hoping SOMA has more substantial puzzles. They seemed pretty close on The Dark Descent, after some pretty esoteric Penumbra puzzles. A Machine for Pigs' story seemed like a really cool fusion of Dear Esther and Amnesia, which is kind of what I wanted upon hearing The Chinese Room was doing it. I liked Dear Esther, but I feel like it works a lot better here, since you have more stuff to do.

The shorter length worked for me. I feel like by the end of The Dark Descent the tension was gone, and the monster just became a system to me. That still sort of happened here, as you're shown a lot more of the creatures as the game goes on, but they still kept things tense up to the end.

Oh, and one of the constant environment sounds matches the sound of an oscillating fan I've had going in my room, changing direction. It got cold here recently so I haven't been running it, but hearing the sound still occur in the game constantly made me look over my shoulder to see if it was still running.

Good game. Check it out, and consider grabbing the Penumbra games if you were into The Dark Descent. Now to wait for SOMA!

No I just hope, the account doesn't get banned and I get it back.

That really sucks. Hope it gets resolved. I can't imagine losing my account...

JustinBB7

Why does Steam not acknowledge I have Batman Origins? It's not in my game list, not showing achievements or screenshots.. I bought it on Steam too, thought I read something earlier about it about retail keys.

Any response from Valve about that yet?

Also my status on friends is always on Away for some reason. Though I am in the beta.

Tenrius

Why does Steam not acknowledge I have Batman Origins? It's not in my game list, not showing achievements or screenshots.. I bought it on Steam too, thought I read something earlier about it about retail keys.

Any response from Valve about that yet?

Also my status on friends is always on Away for some reason. Though I am in the beta.

It's still this way for me, too. I'm a bit reluctant to start the game, because I think it might prevent me from getting achievements. Going to try opting out of the beta now.

Grief.exe

Thank you for this Grief, I'm going to start updating all my icons in Grid view. It's just a shame some "beta" games won't go away. I may grab some of yours if that's okay.

Feel free!

I actually use a little banner for beta games and sometimes for adding non-Steam games.

ibiUC2f9SZ80iu.png

yxshLCu.png

jediyoshi

They could make a steamwork game like 90% of the other publishers (excluding EA and Ubisoft of course).

I'm not seeing how limiting their distribution potential, forcing customers into an ecosystem, or having to support multiple distribution models results in a technological net negative on their part. Besides, the onus in that scenario was on GMG to advertise what they're selling.

MRORANGE

Since within the last few days we've seen Ghostbusters and Riddick get Steam keys on Gamestop, the return of Saw to the Steam store, and GetGamesGo having Steam keys for Dark Matter (though it seems likely it'll return).

It's like someone is reading this thread of something.

Hey Sega, you listening!?, I need my Outrun 2006 fix.

Salsa

guess ill decide later. As soon as im done with AA5 (or in the mean time) ill start batman. Could play brothers after. Heard its a one sitting kinda game wich honestly is what attracts me to it the most. I keep preferring short games lately

Grief.exe

I guess it's a beta for patches but I've never seen a test server referred to as beta.

Its mostly due to the fact that I am too lazy to make a specific image for that one. I already have the banner and it fits the purpose well enough. I really just want to get it out of the way so its not a blank icon.
Doesn't need to be so specific.

Browsing the latest Dota 2 update, this new armor looks awesome

Dota2_Items_Juggernaut01.jpg

chupon

Is there anyone who could kindly send me an invite for the steam neogaf group please?

Steam user name is senior_chupon

Thank you!

Grief.exe

There is a skin to make the gap between the banners this thin?

steam/resources/layout/gamespage_grid

Change interior spacing to 00
GridView.DropShadowLeading "XX" Replace XX with a value between 00 and 03 depending on your skin.

Then steam/Skins/*Name of Skin*/layout/gamespage_grid

mirror your settings from the Steam file.

NOTE: Some people have reported that you don't need to do the latter. It seems to vary by skin, but I've found the best results just doing both regardless.

iyVuB0sUPmQkg.png

Turfster

Next Indie royale will be a mumbojumbo bundle (not active yet)
Luxor 2 HD, Angelica Weaver:Catch me if you can, 7 wonders, Midnight Mysteries 4, Pickers, Glowfish.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Enjoy

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Chronicles Of Riddick Dark Athena and Butcher Bay -- MB-AB0F196EA95664DC - Taken by super-famicom. 51 entrants total.
Ghostbusters The Video Game -- MB-7B652D79875EC4F2 - Taken by ChryZ. 44 entrants total.

t1382743588z1.png

Tenrius

Arkham Origins has shown up on my profile page. Not sure if this is because of me switching to the non-beta client or something else.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Epic giveaway KenOD! I (fortunately) already have them both but this is very generous!

Wasnt there Knytt Underground in some bundle before?

It was in the Indie Gala Flashpoint bundle. The developer has confirmed they are sending out Steam keys to the various other platforms for previous purchasers.

Epic giveaway KenOD! I (fortunately) already have them both but this is very generous!

It was in the Indie Gala Flashpoint bundle. The developer has confirmed they are sending out Steam keys to the various other platforms for previous purchasers.

Thanks. Gotta wait till they have the keys then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom