• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

This NA sub? Code class 4 ("Steam 2010 Key") means it was made specifically for retail keys, but aside from that there's nothing special about it.

Not sure, but traders are selling the NA/US version for 9 keys vs the ROW version for 8 keys. And ROW can be used in the NA/US region; So I'm kinda wondering if there's a catch kinda thing on the NA/US version that makes it worth an extra key.

TheD

The Detective
I like the guy who cherry picked a highly controversial EA game just to add a number of steps to illustrate the woes of PC gaming.

Yeah, nothing say's "I don't have a good argument" like cherry picking a game that got slammed for it's crap from PC gamers, crap that had nothing to do with anything fundamental to PCs and everything to do with EA going for forcing the game to be online only and not having enough servers to support it, something a console game could also suffer (look at GTA online).

Still not as bad as that guy that does not know what a zip or txt file is and think's anyone that does is not a "normal person"!

Back on topic: Downloaded PS2 again, still runs like crap :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure, but traders are selling the NA/US version for 9 keys vs the ROW version for 8 keys. And ROW can be used in the NA/US region; So I'm kinda wondering if there's a catch kinda thing on the NA/US version that makes it worth an extra key.

There doesn't appear to actually be an NA-specific sub for the Steam store: the Steam US and CA pages for the game both point to 17222, which is the ROW sub.

Edit: And the only other NA-specific sub is the (region-free) pre-purchase sub. The traders you mention could be selling this, though I'd think it would beg for a higher premium than a single key.

def sim

Definitely. Some people just don't like 'mining' games or prefer Minecraft or Terraria to the other. Nothing inherently wrong with Terraria don't worry. Quality game.

Alright, that's good to hear. All I do is build towers in Minecraft and I'll be happy enough to do just that on a 2D plane.

Terraria ran circles around minecraft and did it without being appalling to look at. Terraria's the only good indie game to come out so far.

You think that and you believe the batman games are good
lol

On topic:
With the rate at which greenlight/indie/small games are releasing on steam (seemingly with no quality control barrier other than 'it works') it would be nice to have a seperate thread for impressions of these games to be able to sift the good from the bad.
I've given up on trying to google/youtube them all every day, it would take forever.
So many neat looking (but 8/10 being crap probably) games release but I don't see them discussed or getting OTs on gaf.

Arthea

Due to all this frenzy, should I be concerned? Installed both Batman goty games yesterday, but not played yet.
I kid, I kid

Fallen Enchantress - Civ meets HoMM the game - was supposed to be my dream game (as a fan of Civs and HoMMs) and it probably will, but do controls baffle me at times. Not sure why, I fail to notice when units are produced for turns. I still can't fathom how to make an army without unnecessarily moving units around and wasting turns. And more important how to regain my mana. Tried to stay in city, didn't seem to work.
Probably skipping tutorials wasn't that good idea. But then again who needs tutorial in strategy game, right?

Anteater

I wonder if valve will do anything to integrate the nvidia shadowplay stuff into steam, it would be cool to have some kind of controller shortcut to take videos and share it on community or something.

Arthea

From Dust is -70% on gamersgate, but it's not the steam version.
Alice's discount is only for UK?
Also at gamersgate is Tomb Raider franchise sale. There are a lot of these lately.

Well damn, looks like Cave Story has a big secret that I missed on my normal playthrough, my mind is as blown as when I found out about Spelunky's.

OT : I swear every thread I open these days seem to devolve into a PC vs consoles/console vs console war. I mean, what the hell ? Can't people take two steps back and realize how childish this whole thing is and how much time they're wasting ? I sure hope this ain't like that all year around.

Atomski

Well damn, looks like Cave Story has a big secret that I missed on my normal playthrough, my mind is as blown as when I found out about Spelunky's.

OT : I swear every thread I open these days seem to devolve into a PC vs consoles/console vs console war. I mean, what the hell ? Can't people take two steps back and realize how childish this whole thing is and how much time they're wasting ? I sure hope this ain't like that all year around.

Its next gen time, all the kids are coming out of their dwellings armed to the teeth and ready to fight over why their platform of choice is the hilander of gaming.

Sometimes I wish Neogaf had a subsection for PC gaming or a filter. I feel like so many games and interesting discussions are being ignored right now cause nextgen and console wars and I honestly just dont care for those things at all..

Its next gen time, all the kids are coming out of their dwellings armed to the teeth and ready to fight over why their platform of choice is the hilander of gaming.

Sometimes I wish Neogaf had a subsection for PC gaming or a filter. I feel like so many games and interesting discussions are being ignored right now cause nextgen and console wars and I honestly just dont care for those things at all..

I wouldn't go as far but yeah, I think it's getting "toxic" especially for people that spend a lot of time on GAF, they're looking at all these threads about consoles/PC wars and when they're on other threads or talking to someone they're in the wrong mindset. I'm not fluent enough in English to explain it but I guess what I want to say is : bullshit is contagious.
If anything people should be mad because they can't play every game they want, not because people like and use different things.
How can some people be like that with all the awesome that's happening to gaming recently ? I don't get it.

Uh oh, looks like we are in trouble

RNr47le.png

Quick, everyone destroy evidence!

I may be able to get hold of one 007 Legends steam key, I bought one this morning and my guy at the shop said that their system shows 1 more. He is going to find it and let me know.

So if anyone is interested PM me and when (if) it's found we can make an arrangement.

Edit:- OK it's found and the price (same as I paid) is €29.95, do we have any takers?

007.PNG

I get the impression that at any given moment 4chan is waging war against everything and everyone

Pretty much this, I guess. I don't really know what's going on, either.

So they're announcing season 2 of the Walking Dead tomorrow, or am I mistaken? If so, HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

adaen

Due to all this frenzy, should I be concerned? Installed both Batman goty games yesterday, but not played yet.
I kid, I kid

Fallen Enchantress - Civ meets HoMM the game - was supposed to be my dream game (as a fan of Civs and HoMMs) and it probably will, but do controls baffle me at times. Not sure why, I fail to notice when units are produced for turns. I still can't fathom how to make an army without unnecessarily moving units around and wasting turns. And more important how to regain my mana. Tried to stay in city, didn't seem to work.
Probably skipping tutorials wasn't that good idea. But then again who needs tutorial in strategy game, right?

It's been a while since I played vanilla Fallen Enchantress, but yeah, I remember the placements of the hotkeys were pretty bad. One of the few games were I bothered to use the programmable extra keys of my keyboard.

Armies are made by moving units on the same tile and the turn-button turns green if there aren't any actions for units or cities available anymore, so unless it does so, don't end your turn. I guess with tab you could cycle through idling units, so it's pretty hard to miss produced units.
Mana is produced per turn by your cities and some units. Improve the shard-tiles, that are in range of you cities. There was city enchantment-spell for +2 mana per turn, too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It may significantly increase the amount of time it takes for me to complete even the simplest missions, but one thing I love doing in city builders is depriving the map of its resources.

Take that, trees!

Arthea

It's been a while since I played vanilla Fallen Enchantress, but yeah, I remember the placements of the hotkeys were pretty bad. One of the few games were I bothered to use the programmable extra keys of my keyboard.

Armies are made by moving units on the same tile and the turn-button turns green if there aren't any actions for units or cities available anymore, so unless it does so, don't end your turn. I guess with tab you could cycle through idling units, so it's pretty hard to miss produced units.
Mana is produced per turn by your cities and some units. Improve the shard-tiles, that are in range of you cities. There was city enchantment-spell for +2 mana per turn, too.

Thanks! That was helpful, I'll try to improve shard-tiles, as regaining mana is my main concern now.

It may significantly increase the amount of time it takes for me to complete even the simplest missions, but one thing I love doing in city builders is depriving the map of its resources.

Take that, trees!

I wouldn't want you nowhere near Amazon forests, that's for sure.

Arthea

Yeah this and the GOG thread seams to be the only PC centric threads that a bunch of Muppets don't come in to and kick over the tables and chairs.

Because GOG is awesome! (><)
I don't really see anybody invading steam threads too, so we are good.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Take that, trees!

Your vendetta against trees has gone too far! ):

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Terraria ran circles around minecraft and did it without being appalling to look at. Terraria's the only good indie game to come out so far.
Now you're just trolling, man. I know it's part of your online persona, but we all know that's false.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, nothing say's "I don't have a good argument" like cherry picking a game that got slammed for it's crap from PC gamers, crap that had nothing to do with anything fundamental to PCs and everything to do with EA going for forcing the game to be online only and not having enough servers to support it, something a console game could also suffer (look at GTA online).

Still not as bad as that guy that does not know what a zip or txt file is and think's anyone that does is not a "normal person"!

Back on topic: Downloaded PS2 again, still runs like crap :(
Oh, but have you seen DMC3? PC gaming may cry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom