• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
it's beginning, i can feels it in my steamy boners.

9IV3IdN.gif

Good morrow to you lovely fellow SteamGAFers :).

It is my birthday tomorrow so I am back from Game with Steam Wallet funds, yay! [The sales person is very friendly and remarked that he only sees me when a Steam Sale is imminent so if you read this, say hi! :)]

I was going to do a giveaway in honour of my birthday but the thread is likely to be Sale focused tomorrow so I intend to leave it until after the sale and do it then. It won't be a ModBot giveaway as I don't have anything left to give away but will be contingent on the winner's Steam Wishlist. So you good people may like to get your wishlists in order as it may prove to be to your benefit :).

I realise some people find the gifs obnoxious and annoying, so some time ago I resolved to not posting more than one per day (if at all).

Edit: And I do incorporate them into larger posts so they're not just standing on their own.

Thank you :). I had noticed you had toned it down and I do appreciate that. It's the constant re-quoting of GIFS that I really object to. I'm not a huge fan of them generally but once I've seen it once I don't really need to see it a million more times with some insipid comment underneath it. That's not really relevant to this thread obviously but some of the other threads make me wish I had a ban/delete button like you wouldn't believe. However, I don't tend to look at other threads in the main anymore so I might as well stop moaning about it!

That's it, man. NeoGAF is Finnish.

Perfect :).

Never forget 01/07/2012. What's that about?

Probably when that individual revealed "the TRUTH about NeoGAF" such as TM living off the advertising revenue, or something. *shrugs* meh

You think that and you believe the batman games are good
lol

On topic:
With the rate at which greenlight/indie/small games are releasing on steam (seemingly with no quality control barrier other than 'it works') it would be nice to have a seperate thread for impressions of these games to be able to sift the good from the bad.
I've given up on trying to google/youtube them all every day, it would take forever.
So many neat looking (but 8/10 being crap probably) games release but I don't see them discussed or getting OTs on gaf.

Oh I like you :D.

What about Toma's monthly indie threads?

It may significantly increase the amount of time it takes for me to complete even the simplest missions, but one thing I love doing in city builders is depriving the map of its resources.

Take that, trees!

Mind if I ask why you do this Jase? [/curious]

Dude too much information, keep your sex life out of Steam.

You should friend request me on Steam and follow my screengrab timeline!

lol

Criticism of Alpha Protocol is never anything more than sharp knees complaints.

What game was that from? I vaguely remember it but can't remember the game for the life of me.

Alpha Protocol is amazing when you play it and immerse yourself into role play for it. Playing as standard action game character can just lead to frustration it doesn't actually want you to really play that way, but playing as Super Serious Spy who tries everything by the book allows some interesting results, meanwhile playing the World's Worst Spy who just bumbles his way through situations and yet is somehow not dead yet even though his poor decision should have had his superiors kill him just to save face, is one of my favourite playthroughs.

Plenty of faults to the game itself mechanically of course, and I understand some being turned off by all the love some of us have for it, but it can go a long way if it is the type of game one can enjoy normally and look past the faults almost like some of us have to look past the faults of indy games or playing retro games for the first time to just enjoy the ride they offer.

Mind you I also replayed Heavy Rain once just for the "fail at everything" run and enjoyed the silliness of it while I never made it through a full single player campaign of most modern FPSs, so I'm different I know.

My favourite part of games that have such focus on choice, or at least ability to craft small personal stories, comes after playing and sticking to one play-through and then talking to others about their game just to see how different it is in a "what it could have been" with regrets or jubilation things didn't turn out as badly.

Fortunately Wolf Among Us looks to be offering a bit more actual divergence in that aspect, which should make talking about the game just as much fun as playing it, or more.

I was looking through my backlog earlier and pondering what to plough into next and AP caught my eye so many thanks for that post. If I do start it I shall bear what you say in mind :).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Alpha Protocol isn't Kate Upton.

I know, it's even better.

So your argument is that the game is great and I am writing it off for something you consider to be trivial.

All I can say is... when I don't have more games than I know what to do with I'll jump through the hoops to play a game I have the near minimum interest to play through.

Which is fine, as I do that with plenty of games for various reasons that are pretty stupid. But I accept that it's because it's my personal tastes and not something absolutely crippling about the game, either.

The most I can tell you is that the hacking minigames aren't that big of a deal. Then again, I didn't mind the hacking games in Bioshock 1 and 2 (which were apparently deal breakers for a lot of people -- which is as much of a shame as missing out on Alpha Protocol).

Then again, an upper lip that, if blown up in a photograph that has had the contrast excessively turned up, has a little bit of hair on it isn't a deal breaker for me, either.

A bit of appreciation for thoughtfulness never hurt :). I'll leave the cynical and jaded attitude to all the cool kids :p.

I suppose knowing there's stuff to be done just bothers me so I go out of my way to do everything. It's probably why I enjoy the AssCreed games so much despite their flaws. ;)

Oh I can understand that. I was expecting you to say it's because it cuts down the options of progression to a more manageable amount or that it makes the game harder but that works too :).

Oh we've got a ways to go yet.

Plus the image I did want to use was rather big even with quotes. :p

:D

I interpreted it as a bit of self deprecating humour which gets a The_Monk out of 10 from me.

The_Monk goes all the way up to eleven, if you're not familiar with that particular fellow GAFer :).

Indie Gala History Bundle
Tier 1: 0.99$
  • Making History: The Calm and the storm
Tier 2: 4.99$
  • Space Empires V
  • Dangerous Waters
  • The Ironclads Collection

Thank you :).

I'm not really familiar with those games but am intrigued. Does anyone have any comments on any of these please? I don't mind the graphics not been AAAA quality if they are fun to play and there are not annoying little quirks like a badly designed UI or menu system, for instance. Worth a punt?

Sparse

I interpreted it as a bit of self deprecating humour which gets a The_Monk out of 10 from me.

The_Monk goes all the way up to eleven, if you're not familiar with that particular fellow GAFer :).
I didn't know The_Monk went that high, but -bows-. Oh, I can't miss that fellow GAFfer, fellow GAFfer. :)

Tizoc

WE ARE BUT MINUTES AWAY STEAMGAF!
Unless Savings time is in effect now and we're an hour or so away =V

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh I can understand that. I was expecting you to say it's because it cuts down the options of progression to a more manageable amount or that it makes the game harder but that works too :).

It does make the game harder in a sense since I need to keep myself entertained as I wait for the villagers to finish their tasks. :p I've actually thought about using Cheat Engine to bump up the speed, but I don't like the idea of cheating. The good news, though, is that bringing up the Steam overlay doesn't pause the game as it does in some other titles, so I can at least browse GAF while I ruin various ecosystems.

Turfster

Daily: Shadowrun Returns 33% off

Weeklong Deals:
  • Death Rally
  • God Mode
  • King's Bounty
  • Droplitz
  • PlayClaw 5
  • Slam Bolt Scrappers
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
  • Zombie Pirates
  • Go Home Dinosaurs
  • Rock of Ages
  • Guncraft
  • Ghost Master
  • Bad Rats

Zia

Daily: Shadowrun Returns 33% off

Weeklong Deals:
  • Death Rally
  • God Mode
  • King's Bounty
  • Droplitz
  • PlayClaw 5
  • Slam Bolt Scrappers
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
  • Zombie Pirates
  • Go Home Dinosaurs
  • Rock of Ages
  • Guncraft
  • Ghost Master
  • Bad Rats

Late TF2 update, late Dota 2 update, a sale that reads like a troll. Why you do this Valve?

I didn't know The_Monk went that high, but -bows-. Oh, I can't miss that fellow GAFfer, fellow GAFfer. :)

It does make the game harder in a sense since I need to keep myself entertained as I wait for the villagers to finish their tasks. :p I've actually thought about using Cheat Engine to bump up the speed, but I don't like the idea of cheating. The good news, though, is that bringing up the Steam overlay doesn't pause the game as it does in some other titles, so I can at least browse GAF while I ruin various ecosystems.

lol

Well it seems my wallet funds are safe for now! I suppose that's good? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom