• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The minigame isn't the bad thing it's the controls in the minigame. The mouse for the right side is extremely inaccurate, I didn't have a controller back then so I gave up as there didn't seem to be enough things I liked about the game to ignore the flaws.

I don't think it's a dumb reason, it is a large criticism many people have about the PC version.

In any case, I'm not going to belittle your opinion as you have done twice now to me.

I'm not sure where I specifically belittled your opinion. I call my own small reasons for hating games "stupid" and I've been generally flippant to criticisms of Alpha Protocol, but I don't think I've specially called anything you've said stupid.

I can understand your opinion if the controls were difficult with a kbm, but it isn't a dealbreaker for anyone with a controller, which is increasingly the case for people that have any interest in multiplatform games these days. I can't personally speak to the severity of this issue, as I played with a controller.

My initial joke about Kate Upton having no ass and having to drive to her still holds true. A game can have lackluster keyboard support and you may have to use a controller, but it can still be worth it.

King's Bounty is like HOMM right? Is it good?

It is indeed like HOMM, and it is rather charming. But personally I feel that some of the changes that they made to the basic HOMM formula conspired to make it a much worse game. I can find an old post of mine that expounds at more length, but the basic gist is that by moving the same gameplay from PvP (yes, HOMM is single player, but you play against bots essentially) to PvE it takes away a major tactical decision point that reduces game strategy while highlighting the grindiness.

If it matters at all the King's Bounty games tend to show up really often in the super cheap bundles, I'm not sure what the sale price on steam is currently, but you can usually nab one or a few of the KB games on bundle sales for $1 or less at a couple of times during the year.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are you sure, I bought many games outside steam (like the Resident Evil) and got the prepurchases bonuses as well.

Well, they're not mentioned on the page.

Well that certainly sucks, she seems completely soured on Steam now and I don't think she's going to try again. I don't blame her honestly, that would piss me off too.

She could try adding money to her Wallet, but I suppose that ship has sailed.

Dec

I'm not sure where I specifically belittled your opinion. I call my own small reasons for hating games "stupid" and I've been generally flippant to criticisms of Alpha Protocol, but I don't think I've specially called anything you've said stupid.

I can understand your opinion if the controls were difficult with a kbm, but it isn't a dealbreaker for anyone with a controller, which is increasingly the case for people that have any interest in multiplatform games these days. I can't personally speak to the severity of this issue, as I played with a controller.

My initial joke about Kate Upton having no ass and having to drive to her still holds true. A game can have lackluster keyboard and you may have to use a controller, but it can still be worth it.

To some people.

I have had a controller for years now, but when I bought AP I didn't.

I was referring to you amounting my opinion of the game to upping contrast of pictures of woman to see hair or something ridiculous.

Turfster

never got the love for this
Some people like "fuck you, player" games because once they finally beat them, they feel like they accomplished something... not noticing that their forehead is a bloody mess from beating a hole in that wall.
I don't see the appeal myself.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
To some people.

I have had a controller for years now, but when I bought AP I didn't.

I was referring to you amounting my opinion of the game to upping contrast of pictures of woman to see hair or something ridiculous.

That was more specifically targeted at Derrick, who made reference to that lip hair photo of her.

And, also, at that time the best grasp of your distaste for Alpha Protocol I had was that it was "garbage with a kbm." I hadn't really heard too many people say they couldn't get through the game because of the controls of the hacking game on kbm, so I assumed that it was an issue that's just been elevated to be a bigger problem than it actually is. If the controls are literally broken, then that's beyond a design decision or even a standard flaw with the game.

JaseC

I was thinking about the Halloween Sale not going live along with the deals and week long sales.

I've been seeing Steam promoting shit and releasing new games later on Twitter, so maybe we'll get it in 1-2 hours, but probably tomorrow indeed.
if not today, tomorrow sure

but the day is not over yet ...

It's not like Valve to be tardy with a large sale (server issues aside), but there's a first time for everything!

there's new drivers out for nvidia btw: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/68799

Bah, I just installed the no-longer-latest ones today yesterday.

Dynoro

Here's my first shot at a freebie - hope it works:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Angelica Weaver Catch Me When You Can -- MB-E7F4CFA17AACC2D3 - Taken by drizzle

Dynoro

Sweet! That's the only game that I wanted from that bundle!

Thanks man!

Fake Edit: Interesting, the key for the game ends in *****-*****-NEWPC. What are they trying to tell me?

Glad it was useful to someone
now you need to buy that new PC

JaseC

The key generator on the Final Exam website is finally working. ~34,000 keys remaining as of this moment.

Oh this I want to know, does DLC count as part of that 100%?

Are you asking if I also complete the DLC when I'm smashing through an AssCreed game? If so, the answer is yes (well, aside from Revelations' Desmond DLC). I wasn't too hot on the game proper, but I actually didn't mind 3's DLC.

Dec

That was more specifically targeted at Derrick, who made reference to that lip hair photo of her.

And, also, at that time the best grasp of your distaste for Alpha Protocol I had was that it was "garbage with a kbm." I hadn't really heard too many people say they couldn't get through the game because of the controls of the hacking game on kbm, so I assumed that it was an issue that's just been elevated to be a bigger problem than it actually is. If the controls are literally broken, then that's beyond a design decision or even a standard flaw with the game.

The left side is controlled with WASD, that's fine. The right side is moved with the mouse and it doesn't work properly at all, it's super sluggish. Sometimes I would get the mouse side to the right string of digits and click only for it to randomly go down one line and fail.

It's even mentioned in a rock, paper, shotgun article for the game.

Are you asking if I also complete the DLC when I'm smashing through an AssCreed game? If so, the answer is yes (well, aside from Revelations' Desmond DLC). I wasn't too hot on the game proper, but I actually didn't mind 3's DLC.

I was just wondering, didn't want anyone who played AssCreed 3 to miss out on the actual fun parts of the game with magic powers and punching out George Washington. Also the Rev dlc is shitty first person platformer and no one is missing out on it.

JaseC

I was just wondering, didn't want anyone who played AssCreed 3 to miss out on the actual fun parts of the game with magic powers and punching out George Washington. Also the Rev dlc is shitty first person platformer and no one is missing out on it.

Yeah, the wolf cloak in particular was to some extent a nice addition as it made dealing with the brutish enemy types a breeze whereas they could be a bit annoying to deal with in 3's main campaign (though in smaller spaces, you could "cheese" them by using the environment).

When a GameStop listing confirmed there would be Revelations DLC, I joked at the time that the content would be for the Desmond sequences -- I didn't think Ubi would actually do it, haha.

JaseC

I hope Sega also releases the original Typing of the Dead as I hate having gaps in franchises, but given its age, that might be expecting a bit much.

JaseC

How about Typing of the Dead 2?

Typing_of_the_Dead_2_cover.jpg

I'm expecting the second one; that's why I said "also". ;) The phrasing of the tease suggests a release rather than an announcement, the latter of which being where Typing of the Dead 3 would fall.

Turfster

Bundlestars Superpower Sims Bundle
3.48€
  • Trainz Simulator 12
  • IL-2 Sturmovik:1946
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • GT Legends
  • Agricultural Simulator 2011 Extended
  • Air Conflict: Secret wars
  • GTR FIA GT Racing
  • Rig 'n' Roll
  • Trainz Simulator: Murchison 2