• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so weird that I'm enjoying Alan Wake American Nightmare, more then Alan Wake the full game. There's so many different enemy types, more weapons, and you get to choose your very own weapons to hold instead of being forced to use certain ones.

The Alan Wake Pack was definitely worth the few extra bucks for the DLC. It kinda gets repetitive
doing the same stages 3 times
, but it's still worth it.

Hope another Alan Wake is made, or at least a game like it.

Common english words that match the format:
BMgFvGd.png

Guts will be sponged.

justjim89

Wow, Slender: The Arrival actually got put up on Steam. I had heard Valve wouldn't sell any Slender Man games on Steam because the rights to the character are rather muddled. I guess that got figured out. I may double down and buy it again to see what they've added to it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm expecting the second one; that's why I said "also". ;) The phrasing of the tease suggests a release rather than an announcement, the latter of which being where Typing of the Dead 3 would fall.

Translating TotD2 is way more work than just re-releasing TotD1. It makes more sense to make TotD3, imo.

I'd wager that this is the first one re-released to measure interest in the franchise/make some much needed money.

I just really really hope it's not a bullshitty ios release.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Wow, Slender: The Arrival actually got put up on Steam. I had heard Valve wouldn't sell any Slender Man games on Steam because the rights to the character are rather muddled. I guess that got figured out. I may double down and buy it again to see what they've added to it.

The keys from Blue Isle work on steam, just remove the dashes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Translating TotD2 is way more work than just re-releasing TotD1. It makes more sense to make TotD3, imo.

I'd wager that this is the first one re-released to measure interest in the franchise/make some much needed money.

I'd be okay with this. I don't want another Rayman 2 situation. :p

I just really really hope it's not a bullshitty ios release.

Uh oh. :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's so weird that I'm enjoying Alan Wake American Nightmare, more then Alan Wake the full game. There's so many different enemy types, more weapons, and you get to choose your very own weapons to hold instead of being forced to use certain ones.

The Alan Wake Pack was definitely worth the few extra bucks for the DLC. It kinda gets repetitive

I just never told my GF about American Nightmare because I didn't want to taint her view of the series (which better CONTINUE).

JaseC

Merry Sparemas:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

GT Legends -- MB-C5C21F77EAF19E91 - Taken by Anteater
Trainz Simulator Murchison 2 -- MB-0393EB52477843CE - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Rig n Roll -- MB-FF81ED941F6BF26D - Taken by dave is ok
Agricultural Simulator 2011 Extended Edition -- MB-42815A28F3AF2D1C - Taken by Nabs
Euro Truck Simulator -- MB-6D751FCF7EDF0674 - Taken by Iron Badger
Trainz Simulator 12 -- MB-8E05CC6B4DB1C5E7 - Taken by webrunner
GTR FIA GT Racing -- MB-2D28D74FEBC02464 - Taken by Kirosia
Air Conflicts Secret Wars -- MB-7EC6CF9EDC62B0F0 - Taken by Kuroyume

Decided to buy System Shock 2 right before the sale ended. Pretty cool game. Working with no issues what-so-ever so far, and I didn't even install any mods for it yet.

Nabs

Is there some indie pc game called Fuse?

Registry: "Fuse Steam Store and Retail Key"

What's this? Not that Insomniac game, right? I'd play that shit (if cheap enough).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Decided to buy System Shock 2 right before the sale ended. Pretty cool game. Working with no issues what-so-ever so far, and I didn't even install any mods for it yet.
The most important mod, the one made by community members that completely fixes the game on modern OSes, comes preinstallled.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The left side is controlled with WASD, that's fine. The right side is moved with the mouse and it doesn't work properly at all, it's super sluggish. Sometimes I would get the mouse side to the right string of digits and click only for it to randomly go down one line and fail.

It's even mentioned in a rock, paper, shotgun article for the game.
The same RPS review where the reviewer goes on to say that he's started his third complete playthrough of the game?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What ever happened to that Zombie DLC for a Train game? Which game was it, Train Simulator or TrainZ Simulator?

I remember it being removed...

How is Two Worlds Epic Edition? I got a 90% off coupon for it earlier which would make it 80p :/.

I did too :) and I really liked the main game *nerdfist*. I agree with the rest of your comments too.

Bundlestars Superpower Sims Bundle
3.48€
  • Trainz Simulator 12
  • IL-2 Sturmovik:1946
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • GT Legends
  • Agricultural Simulator 2011 Extended
  • Air Conflict: Secret wars
  • GTR FIA GT Racing
  • Rig 'n' Roll
  • Trainz Simulator: Murchison 2

Thanks :). Tempted but 'Trainz' is an utter abuse of my lovely default tongue :(.

Sajjaja

What's this? Not that Insomniac game, right? I'd play that shit (if cheap enough).

Yo man, I would buy that game for consoles right now if I knew there were people playing it online or had people to play with. Such a shame :(

It would be a welcome game to the Steam library.

Grief.exe

Destructoid gave Arkham Origins a 3.5/10

I wonder if they are going to step up to the plate for other AAA titles coming out this Winter.

Salsa was saying there were great impressions coming out of the GAF OT.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-batman-arkham-origins-264357.phtml

There are few things more dismaying in the videogame industry than a publisher that's willing to throw its own creative successes under the bus for a chance at easy money. This is what Warner Bros. has done with Arkham Origins. It's contemptuously pissed all over what Rocksteady accomplished with the previous Arkham games and shat out a soulless wreckage of a game. The only good in Origins comes from work already accomplished in previous games, with a whole lot of bad added in. If all you want is to re-experience Arkham City's gameplay, I'd recommend you just replay Arkham City, because at least that packed in a lot more fan service and didn't make such blatant concessions for narrative DLC and utterly contrived multiplayer modes.

If Batman: Arkham Origins does one thing well, it's epitomize the kind of exploitative garbage that has steadily eroded so much faith in the so-called "AAA" gaming scene. When publishers whine and moan about piracy or used sales, this is the kind of game you can point to when you ask if it's any surprise that so few customers are unwilling to gamble $60 on a brand new game. This is the kind of game that, when publishers panic over flagging sales, you can hold up and say, "You did it to yourselves."

In that regard, Batman: Arkham Origins is not the game this industry needs. It's the game it deserves.

Wasn't Fuse EA Partners instead of big ol' EA? That makes it more plausible.

I believe that was the case.

JaseC

you're the best jasec. I just need dat agricultural sim.
Thank you very much for Euro Truck Sim jase.
Thanks for GTR yo
thanks for GT legends! It must be a spin off to gran turismo
Thanks for Trainz Simulator Murchison 2. Gotta get me some train-feels!

No worries. :)

Just found myself saying Sparemas loud and found it so wrong.

Being so wrong has never felt so right.

What ever happened to that Zombie DLC for a Train game? Which game was it, Train Simulator or TrainZ Simulator?

I remember it being removed...

Train Simulator. Railsim just decided to remove it one day.

Damn this no lurker rule! I just want that crappy WWII arcade flight game!

Post more Saoirse images. :p

Dec

The same RPS review where the reviewer goes on to say that he's started his third complete playthrough of the game?

Uh... I don't think so.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/05/31/an-hour-with-alpha-protocol/

Part I was referring to:

Hacking computers is horrible. You’ve got to identify two sets of stationary letters and numbers in a large grid of rapidly changing figures, except after a short amount of time their position will move, and your ability to match the codes up is painfully slow. And on the mouse, barely controllable.

This seems like a massively useless conversation to still be having.

I also liked American Nightmare a lot. It got kinda old doing the same three stages three times, but I liked how they got shorter and shorter as time progressed.

Not playing it immediately after the original helped, though. No burnout.

ArjanN

I played the game with keyboard and from what I remember if you upgrade your hacking ability by a point or two, the minigame becomes easy enough that it's not a problem at all anymore.

Yo man, I would buy that game for consoles right now if I knew there were people playing it online or had people to play with. Such a shame :(

It would be a welcome game to the Steam library.

Hey cool, I'd pick that up.

I wonder 2012 is still as bad as 2010

I only lasted a minute or two as they all got on my nerves, especially her voice :/.

Still the "zee" that became "zee zed" make me smile.

Destructoid gave Arkham Origins a 3.5/10

I wonder if they are going to step up to the plate for other AAA titles coming out this Winter.

Salsa was saying there were great impressions coming out of the GAF OT.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-batman-arkham-origins-264357.phtml

LOL

Given my feelings about AA I should read this for the lulz.

Reads section Grief quoted....ouch! That made me wince. I feel sorry for the game now :(.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom