• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People should enter for this giveaway, it's my most played game of the year!

I was surprised by how much play I've got out of cook serve delicious whilst still being keen for more. I thought I'd tap out early through repetition but this isn't the case.

Only thing that bugs me is the art and style reminds me a lot of something I played a lot of back in the windows 95 days. But I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Clawww

Witcher 2 appears to be one of those "decisive yay or nay" sort of games. I wasn't fond of the combat, map, crafting system all that much. I tried, but I ended up stopping before the second or third boss fight. It seemed like a game that required a divine level of prescience and patience. I could see how others would enjoy it, but I couldn't it.

It was really hard for me to get through Act I. I kept taking extended breaks because it wasn't really grabbing my interest, but by the time I beat the game I loved it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How is Shadowrun Returns GAF?

Watched a couple videos and looks pretty cool.

Gonna wait on a Thanksgiving/Christmas sale for it hopefully, though.

Gbraga

The keys from Blue Isle work on steam, just remove the dashes.

Wow, thank you for that info!!

How is Shadowrun Returns GAF?

Watched a couple videos and looks pretty cool.

Gonna wait on a Thanksgiving/Christmas sale for it hopefully, though.

It's pretty good until the final bits, then it gets REALLY stupid, but the ending is great.

Well worth it, the mod support is awesome as well with tons of user generated content and a new campaign is in the works by the original team with new assets.

Grief.exe

It was really hard for me to get through Act I. I kept taking extended breaks because it wasn't really grabbing my interest, but by the time I beat the game I loved it.

Witcher 2 appears to be one of those "decisive yay or nay" sort of games. I wasn't fond of the combat, map, crafting system all that much. I tried, but I ended up stopping before the second or third boss fight. It seemed like a game that required a divine level of prescience and patience. I could see how others would enjoy it, but I couldn't it.

CDPR games dont seem to pick up until the mid point of the game.

Hopefully, the third entry fixes this issue.

rtcn63

I disliked shooting in MP3 greatly, though I've never actually fired a real gun. Not sure what it really feels like to compare.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I disliked shooting in MP3 greatly, though I've never actually fired a real gun. Not sure what it really feels like to compare.

Is this a subtle knock on the American fan base who obviously likes the game because we all own and fire guns on a regular basis? Because if so, props.

Been away all day and it's going to be a crazy busy week. I see that the daily deal is a good one but many can wait for it to go lower.

I have my eye on that Sim bundle but I have no idea if it's worth it or not. I also see Slender is now on Steam and no Halloween sale, yet. Did I miss anything else my good fellow GAFfers?

Yeah well that can happen when you're driving across 'merica, trying to get away from the zombie apocalypse!

People should enter for this giveaway, it's my most played game of the year!

I wasn't going to as I'm not fond of the art style [from what I've seen] but then I remembered all your posts lauding it so I did :).

Oh and yet again I commend you for your ModBot programming wizardry. He was bitten by a zombie and got the T Virus but managed to eliminate it from his system! :D

N.B. I'm playing Organ Trail if that wasn't clear.

I started it rather cynically thinking it would be little more than a "lol look at teh graffix this is just like gaems used to be!" game but I'm finding it a lot of fun and pretty compelling!

I've just had a break from it but am going back to it now. I want to see how far the car of fellow GAFers can get!

rtcn63

Is this a subtle knock on the American fan base who obviously likes the game because we all own and fire guns on a regular basis? Because if so, props.

Nyet, sir (I iz americans). I've read that MP3's gunplay is considered by some to be closer to "realistic" than other shooters, hence why even if someone doesn't find it fun, it doesn't deny that the gunplay is still relatively accurate. Like, Gran Turismo vs. Need for Speed when it comes to car handing/mechanics/etc.

I'm more a fan of Resident Evil 4/5's tanky over-the-shoulder thing. Don't even like Gears all that much.

Card Boy

Banned
If it plays the same, I'll be content enough.

Except it doesn't outside the shooting. It literally has cutscenes every 5 minutes (get a stopwatch when you play it), even walking though a door is a cutscene. Levels are extremly generic is literally a straight line in terms of progression. Max Payne 1+2 had abit of platforming, rooms to go in and backtracking. There are no TV shows and when there are its some 'clue' (basically a collectable) you find. The game even has turret segments and some QTEs.

Salsa

I disliked shooting in MP3 greatly

NzQtbC3.gif

neoism

Arkham Origins might be a glitchy mess, but I'm enjoying this glitchy mess more than Arkham City.

I would most definitely say that same thing if I could play it.. :( I still love AC more though. But everyone does say its better for the last 50% I just hope a patch will fix it so I can play it...

neoism

Arkham Origins might be a glitchy mess, but I'm enjoying this glitchy mess more than Arkham City.

I would most definitely say that same thing if I could play it.. :( I still love AC more though. But everyone does say its better for the last 50% I just hope a patch will fix it so I can play it...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Don't worry i was looking at the Revelations 2012 subforum and looking at the fanboys defend that game, It was funny to read.
I'm pretty sure every positive post about Revelations 2012 is actually just brilliant satire that's just simply substituted the name from the rantings of a Serious Sam fan.

What??? The Halloween sale is still happening? But I just bought Metro LL, Spec Ops, Volgarr and Shadowrun Returns.

I barely have enough left if anything comes up..

Anustart

So I was browsing steam today to see if anything would be a decent purchase for my 3.09 I have on my account. I see that the Phantasy Star games are on there...

Is 3 or 4 good?

Turfster

True, but we've gotten a few good horror games over the last months. State of Decay, Outlast, Machine for Pigs for example.

Yeah, but they're all too new to get a significant discount.
It'll be the usual suspects again, along with some of the slightly older horror-themed indie games.

As long as I have enough for Guacamelee, Spelunky and Mercenary Kings I'll be alright. Maybe State of Decay if it's on sale.

Guacamelee should fit a halloween sale right? I mean it's got luchador masks cmon.

Grief.exe

I've been waiting on Republic Commando to go on sale for a long time now. Should have snapped it up in March even thought he discount wasn't that great.

maneil99

I'd buy the whole pack if it were 75% off. Sadly I don't see it happening.

The Force is not strong with this one.

Most of the games are pretty heavily discounted from my russian supplier which is why I am debating just getting then entire pack for like 55$. So many good star wars games :S I have played nearly all of them too. Might just get the outcast one for now and wait for a sale for the others

So I was browsing steam today to see if anything would be a decent purchase for my 3.09 I have on my account. I see that the Phantasy Star games are on there...

Is 3 or 4 good?

Phantasy Star 4 is #6 on my list of all time great RPGs. If you can deal with an aged game, it is still amazing. You can jump right in at 4 and it is a must play.

3 is mostly garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom