• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the games are pretty heavily discounted from my russian supplier which is why I am debating just getting then entire pack for like 55$. So many good star wars games :S I have played nearly all of them too. Might just get the outcast one for now and wait for a sale for the others

Every time you guys mention this "Russian Supplier" my imagination pictures it takes place in some warehouse like that beginning scene with Black Widow from The Avengers.

maneil99

Every time you guys mention this "Russian Supplier" my imagination pictures it takes place in some warehouse like that beginning scene with Black Widow from The Avengers.
haha

Merchant_re4.jpg

Grief.exe

I wish Capcom would release a proper PC port for RE4.

I'm about to just go out and get the Wii version and play on Dolphin with a high-res texture pack. Heard that is the definitive version of the game, and the best way to get M/KB support.

I'm about to just go out and get the Wii version and play on Dolphin with a high-res texture pack. Heard that is the definitive version of the game, and the best way to get M/KB support.

Same, I actually bought RE4 HD for PS3 last week :/

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Are the PC load times as stupidly long as the PS3 ones are?
JD2 takes ages to load.

That's what I want to know as well. I got Joe Danger 2 off PS+, but within 30 minutes I couldn't stand how much the long load times broke up the experience and got me frustrated.

Dr Dogg

It is. Better geometry, all the PS2 extras, 2 control modes to suit your tastes, although no where near as modable as the PC version all the in game assets can be changed. Just a quick and dirty port of the Wii version and I'm sure the community could make it loads better.

Then again the RE5/6 MT Framework engine on PC is incredibly optimised and an RE 4 port based of that code would be stellar. Capcom is obviously scared of money or they would have done it by now.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Same, I actually bought RE4 HD for PS3 last week :/

PS3/360 versions of it are pretty good. Only way to get true Widescreen, Gamecube assets and the special PS2 content.

Only downside is lack of KB+M, but I use controllers on third person games anyway. Definite version imo.

Kifimbo

I'm late for this, but here are the games of the week. Excluding the other 10+ games Valve will add without notice.

10/28/2013 - Blood of the Werewolf - Platformer - Midnight City/Scientifically Proven - $XX.XX
10/28/2013 - Slender The Arrival - Survival horror - Blue Isle Studios/Blue Isle Studios - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

10/29/2013 - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures - Platformer - Namco Bandai/Namco Bandai - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

10/29/2013 - Battlefield 4 - FPS - Electronic Arts/Digital Illusions CE (DICE) - $59.99
10/29/2013 - Master Reboot - Puzzle/Adventure - Wales Interactive/Wales Interactive - $XX.XX
10/29/2013 - Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut - Horror - Rising Star/Access Games - $24.99
10/30/2013 - Football Manager 2014 - Simulation - SEGA/Sports Interactive - $49.99
10/31/2013 - Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 - FPS - Rebellion/Rebellion - $14.99
11/01/2013 - Lilly Looking Through - Adventure - Geeta Games/Geeta Games - $XX.XX -

You and me both :/.

The Wii iteration is excellent and the pointer controls work extremely well. Please give them a try if you have a chance even if you switch to a different method.

Grief.exe

It is. Better geometry, all the PS2 extras, 2 control modes to suit your tastes, although no where near as modable as the PC version all the in game assets can be changed. Just a quick and dirty port of the Wii version and I'm sure the community could make it loads better.

Then again the RE5/6 MT Framework engine on PC is incredibly optimised and an RE 4 port based of that code would be stellar. Capcom is obviously scared of money or they would have done it by now.

Sven was working with them on RE1-4 ports. He says he was making headway on all of the games, with 1-2 looking like a good possibility with 4 coming down the line.

Its strange how we have RE5, 6, and Revelations on Steam, but nothing else.

You and me both :/.

The Wii iteration is excellent and the pointer controls work extremely well. Please give them a try if you have a chance even if you switch to a different method.

I won't switch. M/KB or go home ;)

derExperte

I almost bought Blood of the Werewolf during the not-on-steam sale and now regret it. Anyone played it and is it as good as it imo looks?

Dr Dogg

Sven was working with them on RE1-4 ports. He says he was making headway on all of the games, with 1-2 looking like a good possibility with 4 coming down the line.

Well lets hope that the recent Steam sale opens their eyes a bit wider. I'd kill for REmake but that's got to be Nintendo licensed to the power of 10. 1 is alright and still runs fine with a bit of tweaking on Win7 (don't know about 8) but 2 and 3 can be a right pain for some people.

Baby steps though, still need them to strip out GFWL out of there shit first and foremost.

Cheddahz

Banned
Just because everyone needs to own this masterpiece

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge -- MB-1E21D75A41F83FA2 - Taken by animlboogy

I won't switch. M/KB or go home ;)

I'm not asking you to switch, just to try it :p.

REmake would be my most wished for RE game after 4. I should really give Dolphin a go since I have it on Cube.

Dr Dogg

If you have labeled it as Deadly Premonition you could have gotten me. But I know better than to add that STD to my library!

I had a wicked plan set up for Thursday and now you've gone and given it away. Guess I'm gunna have to thunk harder now.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I would love to have seen a full 24 hour countdown giveaway, just to see how many people would enter. 3? 5?

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm in such a nice mood everyone! It's also because I had too much coffee and I don't know what else to do with my Steam Wallet money

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spooky Halloween Game -- MB-1C5F8382BD9753FE - Taken by mannerbot. 129 entrants total.

t1383091491z1.png

Tenrius

Gotta love the Batman season. Quite a lot of people are playing one Arkham game or another on my friendlist! Me included, of course.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Gotta love the Batman season. Quite a lot of people are playing one Arkham game or another on my friendlist! Me included, of course.

All the hype has gotten me back into Arkham City. I started it on the 360 at launch and didn't make it far before I got bored, but now that I've given it some time I'm enjoying it. Turned of Physx to get a stable 60 fps, though. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

Tenrius

All the hype has gotten me back into Arkham City. I started it on the 360 at launch and didn't make it far before I got bored, but now that I've given it some time I'm enjoying it. Turned of Physx to get a stable 60 fps, though. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

But did you play Arkham Asylum? I would highly recommend it, it's still the best of the bunch in my opinion. I've actually chosen to finish my replay of it instead of diving straight into Origins.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
But did you play Arkham Asylum? I would highly recommend it, it's still the best of the bunch in my opinion. I've actually chosen to finish my replay of it instead of diving straight into Origins.

Yeah, that's why I was burnt out before I got too far into AC. Asylum was great, I just can't keep up with the pace with which they release sequels.

zychi

Banned
anyone know if cod ghosts mp will let me buy it on pc and ps4 and be able to play w the same stats for my mp character? or is it just ps3->ps4?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wiimote turned RE4 into headshot central. It's hilarious. The only thing more unbalanced was getting used to the mouse in RE5 with Sheva's bow.

FloatOn

I appreciate Jim's sentiment, but he fails to justify such a low score in his actual review. rare game breaking bugs and apathetic characters just don't say failure of a game to me, if it did, a vast majority of games would be huge failures.

Same song and dance he tried with his bureau review debacle.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I know! It's crazy!

Wii version is letterboxed and has shitty resolution.

Sure, you're going to tell me that you can fix that using Dolphin. I don't remember what people were complaining about the HD remakes (was it shitty FPS?), but I think they're the best ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom