• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

all of you To the Moon fans might dig this

header_292x136.jpg

9.03m $1.99

The Monk's guide made me feel all warm inside. So glad I started following this thread: most posts are the antithesis of the "Glorious PC Gaming Master Race" (which is however a fun meme to perpetuate) attitude that I often see in gaming OTs.

*hugs*

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just wish the DLC for Van Helsing would go on sale. They don't cost much, but they've literally never been discounted since they've been released.

Also the "Complete Pack" is on sale for $9.99. For the reasons stated above, it's worth it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah no, I'll wait for the bundle.

Unless it's for specific indie games (stuff like La Mulana, I don't expect it to be in a bundle), somehow HB made me trained to buy indies as bundles.

In my language, DST means the same as STD, so that phrase is funny.

Also, I dislike pink doggie.

But I also dislike most of your Doggie avatars though. :(

Only pink because Sylveon

And can't hate Doggie showing off his physique~

He's better than Torin, at least he didn't get caught in some weird mind game!

Caerith

I just wish the DLC for Van Helsing would go on sale. They don't cost much, but they've literally never been discounted since they've been released.

Also the "Complete Pack" is on sale for $9.99. For the reasons stated above, it's worth it.
My "purchase discipline" for games these days is no longer about whether it's -50% or -75% (though that helps), but whether I'm going to be bled dry by DLC if I don't wait for the GOTY edition.

Here, another great example.

This game looks amazing, but 50% is still not 75%. I can wait until it gets to 75% to buy it.

It deserves that amount of money, as it looks and (looks like it) plays awesomely. I just don't feel that I would pay that much for it.

If I didn't have Torchlight 2 in my backlog, I would bite at 50%

Yeah no, I'll wait for the bundle.

Unless it's for specific indie games (stuff like La Mulana, I don't expect it to be in a bundle), somehow HB made me trained to buy indies as bundles.

Yeah, this is my first year (probably due to the weekly bundles and all the new non-Humble Bundles) where bundles sales really started to change my Steam Sale purchasing. You sort of get an idea in your head of what games will probably be included in a bundle at some point and avoid picking them up even on big sales due to that.

BorntoPlay

Still some keys leftover from the last thread....no longer a Raffle.

By the way, are we able to add gift keys from the new Humble Bundles to ModBot? For example the new WB Humble Bundle Keys allow me to gift them to an email address. I read the ModBot post, but did not see any info regarding new Humble Bundle gifts.

all already taken, but thanks anyway...=)

Dambrosi

Banned
Some Greenlit games from indie bundles now have shiny new Steam keys. Courtesy of Who's Gaming Now?! Steam group:

Bloody Trapland Steam keys added for buyers of Indie Royale Spiral Groove:
Search your email for the Indie Royale Spiral Groove bundle and on your redemption page, you can use your Bloody Trapland "Unlock key" in Steam.

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages now has Steam keys for buyers of Groupees Be Mine 9. Check your profile page on www.groupees.com

Gimbal from the Indie Gala Mass Effect - Email the developers with your Desura key and request a Steam key. Email them at: support@gimbalgame.com
I just got Bloody Trapland, looks like Eryi's Action gameplay-wise. I'll try it out.

finally finished Arkham Origins. Actually thought it had the best story out of the 3 games. Even though the
Alfred dieing / not dieing / being fine
was slightly ridiculous.

Finally encountered a bug though. I have a radar blip to investigate the Gang Fight for the Bird sidequest, but when I go there...itsfuckingnothing.gif. No one is there at all. Anyone else have this?

Grief.exe

And Diablo 3 RoS beta going live yesterday.

That might actually help them since its a similar product that isn't available yet, may push some interest towards a game like Van Helsing.

RoS is only in F&F beta right now, a very limited amount of people.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Offtopic, but people might be interested.

I received another email from Ubisoft Russia and I guess they decided to upgrade all Regular Edition Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag keys to the Digital Deluxe Edition, because it wouldn't auto-redeem.

I noticed that the key I got was the key for the Deluxe Edition, but I figured out that it was always the Deluxe Edition and I just forgot. I guess not.

Still, the email doesn't specify WHERE I'm supposed to get the key from, just HOW do I redeem it. You have to get it on your purchase history on the Ubisoft Store, under your profile.

Hinomura

The latter. I had no idea P-A sold keys until I read your post. ;)
:)
By the way they replied telling the supplier confirmed I have a "defected code" and they will refund me (had to choose between PayPal and credit store, opted for PayPal).

So, now I'm waiting for the refund. +1 for Play-Asia fast reply/solution.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Saty

Many Steam game developers are currently working on native SteamOS titles, which will result in the best possible living room experience being delivered to their customers. In the meantime, we believe it’s important to make sure that the existing catalog of games is also available to Steam users in the living room. So we'd like to talk about in-home streaming, a way for people with good home networks to seamlessly play their Steam games anywhere in the house.

Steam in-home streaming will allow you to play a game on one computer when the game process is actually running on another computer elsewhere in your home. Through Steam, game audio and video is captured on the remote computer and sent to the player’s computer. The game input (keyboard, mouse or gamepad) is sent from the player’s computer to the game process on the remote computer.

Any two computers in a home can be used to stream a gameplay session and this can enable playing games on systems that would not traditionally be able to run those games. For example, a Windows only game could be streamed from a Windows PC to a Steam Machine running Linux in the living room. A graphically intensive game could be streamed from a beefy gaming rig in the office to your low powered laptop that you are using in bed. You could even start a game on one computer and move to a more comfortable location and continue playing it there.

denx

Wohoo new thread! Still disappointed this wasn't called "STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Young Hillary Clinton's Poutine Stand" or "STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Saoirse Ronan's Poutine Stand", but oh well...

The Monk's guide to enjoy the Autumn Steam Sale with the best Community ever created
You are the bestest Monk <3

Should also be in OP:

ESCWFqa.gif
I can't

So that 5 posts in a thread thing for modbot, does that mean I need 5 posts in the new thread to win a giveaway from the old one or? I'm just asking because that Walking Dead giveaway is super sweet.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
As part of 9.03m's sales are going toward charity, you shouldn't expect a sale on it.

So that 5 posts in a thread thing for modbot, does that mean I need 5 posts in the new thread to win a giveaway from the old one or ?

When the nolurker rule is used.
Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

If used in a giveaway for this thread and you wish to enter, you would need to have posted five or more times in STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII and/or this thread.

Copons

You're waiting for a sale on a $2 game?

It's 2&#8364; here!

But seriously, I find immoral to buy a game on Steam one week before the sale season, no matter the price or everything else.

As part of 9.03m's sales are going toward charity, you shouldn't expect a sale on it.

Ok, now this is the only thing not included in my earlier "everything else". Thanks for the head up, I'll proceed as soon as possible. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wohoo new thread! Still disappointed this wasn't called "STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Young Hillary Clinton's Poutine Stand" or "STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Saoirse Ronan's Poutine Stand", but oh well...

You are the bestest Monk <3

I can't

One of my mates messaged me on Steam a day or two ago to tell me that my avatar looked like a young Hilary Clinton. He's not a GAFer, but naturally it made me think of this thread, and I then brightened up his day by telling him who it actually is. ;)

Andrefpvs

Still some keys leftover from the last thread....no longer a Raffle.

By the way, are we able to add gift keys from the new Humble Bundles to ModBot? For example the new WB Humble Bundle Keys allow me to gift them to an email address. I read the ModBot post, but did not see any info regarding new Humble Bundle gifts.

Hey, thanks for MotN! :)

Guys, half of the profit from that &#8364;2 game goes towards some of the victims of the 2011 Japan Earthquake, if I understand correctly. If you're interested in the game, don't be a cheapstake :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom