• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relax.MX

After my fail of yesterday of trying to buy MW in NewEgg i started Medal of Honor (2010).

I just finished the game, was approximately four hours, the game simply is bad, it's clearly a copy of Modern Warfare, but lacks any charm, the missions are repetitive, way too linear and predictable, the characters and the story are soulless, they missed completely the possibility of gameplay and atmosphere that a game located in Afghanistan can achieve.

And not only was that, the game left me bad taste, i just do not felt good to kill some enemies in certain circumstances, I'm not anti-yankie but this game reminded me several times the worst of the wars of United States in the Middle East, something seemed like Spec Ops: The Line but without the ¨message¨

Not everything is completely wrong, has positive points, sounds FX are quite believable and the point I liked most is that it ends quickly.

PD: Its possible to buy MW on Mexico in newegg?. Some friend told me the key works on Steam and Windows too

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832133096

Zuggie

Neo Member
Thanks Stumpokapow. Here's some more left over codes on short raffle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-EB2F41C063DDC3F2 - Taken by KageZero. 1 entrants total.
Gotham City Imposters: Professional Kit -- MB-C315FAFF1DC74D3D - Taken by Corvo Jensen
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-EB087FA575C6B415 - Taken by DXLelouch153. 8 entrants total.
FEAR 2: Project Origin -- MB-CBD049B606531BB1 - Taken by Thorgal. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-D363B105396E4823 - Taken by Humenkind. 2 entrants total.
The Whispered World -- MB-C38912FE95D09FE3 - Taken by VaeVictis. 4 entrants total.
FEAR -- MB-425B0476550AD465 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
FEAR 3 -- MB-BECEF93EEEEC025E - Taken by Taco_Human. 1 entrants total.

t1384976744z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC
Orphans don't increase my game count.
(Today, 02:00 PM)

if I had red text in my name this is what would happen to you.

Haha, in my defence... it's technically true. :p

PD: Its possible to buy MW on Mexico in newegg?. Some friend told me the key works on Steam and Windows too

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832133096

Assuming Newegg ships to Mexico, then you shouldn't have any trouble. And, yes, CoD4 is SteamPlay.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack steam keys are now available on the WB Humble Bundle page!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Path of Exile vs D3 who wins?

I prefer D3 honestly. PoE is a great game and in many ways it is better than the current version of D3, but D3 wins the contest in one very important aspect for me: the feel of the gameplay. The combat in D3 just feels better to play, controls better, than PoE, that Blizzard polish is hard to deny. Although PoE's loot and skill system are better IMHO. It's give and take when comparing the two, what matters is what you value the most when you play an ARPG game I guess.

ArjanN

So when is Sonic's Racing Transformed new DLC supposed to drop? I thought it was today.

Well, there was this exchange from the Sega forum:

"So much for the anniversary DLC... best to wait til Wednesday as thats the update time."

"-__- Wednesday of when 2099 lol"

"Oh do I ever have a surprise for you... But that would be telling of course :p

---
S0L
---"

Which doesn't technically confirm anything of course.

I just finished my first run through of The Wolf Among Us that I won in a Modbot giveaway the other day. I will do another run through this week and make different choices to see what (if anything) changes. I must say, I really enjoyed this quite a lot. Going into the game I wasn't familiar with the story or setting, but the game did a good job of enlightening me on all of it. I also enjoyed the art style tremendously. I found the story really interesting and I am really looking forward to the rest of it. So thanks Steam Thread GAF for being such a great place to be!

One last reminder from me, about 2.5 hours left on this giveaway:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90539041&postcount=19591

nexen

I prefer D3 honestly. PoE is a great game and in many ways it is better than the current version of D3, but D3 wins the contest in one very important aspect for me: the feel of the gameplay. The combat in D3 just feels better to play, controls better, than PoE, that Blizzard polish is hard to deny. Although PoE's loot and skill system are better IMHO. It's give and take when comparing the two, what matters is what you value the most when you play an ARPG game I guess.

I haven't played D3 yet, but I became bored of PoE pretty fast. I really didn't care for the art direction and it felt like there was a real lack of diversity in the environments. I had a lot more fun with Torchlight II.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Is Hotline Miami as fucking awesome as it looks?

It is indeed as awesome as it looks, especially when you get the hang of it. Porbably some of the most fun I had all year, but I keep running into weird thing where after a few hours the game gets incredibly unstable white screens,black screens, level disappears, and sometimes crashes.

Zuggie

Neo Member
I just finished my first run through of The Wolf Among Us that I won in a Modbot giveaway the other day. I will do another run through this week and make different choices to see what (if anything) changes. I must say, I really enjoyed this quite a lot. Going into the game I wasn't familiar with the story or setting, but the game did a good job of enlightening me on all of it. I also enjoyed the art style tremendously. I found the story really interesting and I am really looking forward to the rest of it. So thanks Steam Thread GAF for being such a great place to be!

I was thoroughly impressed with The Wolf Among Us as well. I knew I would like it because I loved TWD Season 1, but I really like the setting, can't wait for episode 2 to come out.

TWD was my GotY for 2012 so I can't wait to play the second season (not eligible for your giveaway as I just joined this thread, but thanks for running it!). Wolf Among Us is therefore also on my list - glad to hear a Fables newbie can enjoy it :)

FloatOn

dang. no super meat boy self-flagellation for me today.

I have to get my bent wheel on my car fixed.

I hope you guys have fun playing games today. I won't have time :(

Decado

Looks like you can get Tomb Raider for $10 (voucher) at GMG. Is that the lowest yet, or do we expect it to go for cheaper in December?

Copons

I'm alternating ETS2 with Rogue Legacy and y'all should now about my ETS2 Adventures by now.

I picked Rogue Legacy because I thought it'd be a nice change of pace from the relaxing slowness of driving trucks, and instead I found it to be A LOT more relaxing than ETS2! :D

The fact that basically it doesn't matter if you die makes it a perfect game for these cold early-winter evenings, coming back home strained from work.

Just one thing: is there a way to keep a castle layout locked without asking it everytime to the architect?

Copons

nope. you have to pay the fee every time.

That's fine with me. It's just that my short-term memory is fucked up since like high school
:D
and the one time I wanted to lock it because I was very near to beat a boss, at the third try I went in forgetting to talk with the architect. :(

okayfrog

Banned
Looks like you can get Tomb Raider for $10 (voucher) at GMG. Is that the lowest yet, or do we expect it to go for cheaper in December?

It'll be cheaper in December. Amazon has already had it for $10, so it'll probably go for $7.50 somewhere. I remember Human Revolution (another game published by Squeenix) was $7.50 just four months after its release, and that was back in 2011 when digital gaming wasn't as big.

Dr Dogg

Flipping hell this thread got here fast.

Does any know if Brave New World @ 66% off stacks with the voucher over at GMG? I would check but I'm out and about and my phone doesn't like their cart.

Cheers!

Decado

It'll be cheaper in December. Amazon has already had it for $10, so it'll probably go for $7.50 somewhere. I remember Human Revolution (another game published by Squeenix) was $7.50 just four months after its release, and that was back in 2011 when digital gaming wasn't as big.

Thanks. I'll wait. I have enough single player games to play ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom