• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

I'll make the holiday sales thread btw, no prahb

Sounds fair and reasonable, after all, hot Grammy-nominated Venezuelan singers come and go, but SteamGAF is forever.

Hope all is going swimmingly on the romance and job front, old chap

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll make the holiday sales thread btw, no prahb

tumblr_inline_mkwqeij0zk7y.gif

On the other hand, I thought TR2K13 was pretty awesome, and enjoyed the set pieces and scripted scenes. It was also fun to get all collectibles, except for 2 of them that were hidden in ridiculous places and I had to find with a guide.

I'm not a fan of the franchise (hell, of the few I've tried Angel of Darkness is my favorite one, which is often considered the world's worst STD), but I loved this game.
"Awesome setpieces / scripted events" as developers tend to view them as are easily acquired elsewhere, outside of the magnitude of violence in this compared to most games. The only... substantial differences (I guess?) in Tomb Raider 2013 were the grating story elements that take itself seriously somehow and the embarrassing character cliché's / progression, even by videogame standards.

I wanted to be a fan of it since the original vision behind it sounded very promising, but... sadly TR2K13 went into the complete opposite direction after its first reveal in Game Informer by insisting it'd be better off as a standard, forgettable third-person person rather than a horror-themed, Metroid-based (sense of isolation included), open-world survival game. Which sounded quite compelling for a blueprint, even if it heavily deviated from the franchise's action-adventure roots. And if I want to play a fun action romp within its universe, I can always replay the aforementioned Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light.

If you enjoyed the reboot, fair enough. I just can't bring myself to like it after all the missed potential, never mind it favoring design choices that mimic everything that's wrong with popular AAA games today.

This was very helpful. Going to wait until it's finished then.

BruteUA

I seem to be in the minority, I absolutely love Tiny Barbarian. Since I've become an old man, I'm much more into games that I can sit down and have fun with for a half hour or so every few days. I really like the somewhere between Atari and NES graphics, the music is great, and the little things like the flying elbow drop and posedown idle animation amuses me. I keep asking Conan what is best in life, and call out to Crom when I die. It may not be for everyone, and maybe coming out literally right after the end of a sale event hurt it, but it's $6 I'm happy I spent.

As of about 3 hours ago I was ranked #11 Vs. The Horde. Come at me, barbarian bros.

Arthea

What's going on here?

Apparently Warlock 2 is dated 2014 spring. And I barely touched first one. Too many games, too little time.

sibarraz

Banned
Jørdan;92354683 said:
Will PM the Steam Gift link.

Im curious about this, is this the game that people use to make those sonic x mlp x team fortress videos?

Btw, I bought AOE II with the forgotten expansion, so far seems fine to me, which issues where the ones that people said made this game unplayable?

Jag

What's going on here?

Apparently Warlock 2 is dated 2014 spring. And I barely touched first one. Too many games, too little time.

Touch it! It's a fun little 4x that doesn't have a huge learning curve. It has some issues, including late game slow downs and AI idiocy, but it makes up for it by being fun to play.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Cubetractor is $2.49 (75% off) at the Gala Store and activates on Steam. Lowest it's been.

DARK is $9.99 (75% off) at Gamersgate, cheaper than the current Steam deal.

Arthea

Touch it! It's a fun little 4x that doesn't have a huge learning curve. It has some issues, including late game slow downs and AI idiocy, but it makes up for it by being fun to play.

I'll try, can't promise I'll do that in time for release of 2nd though.

CoD: Ghost
Batman: AO
Lego: Marvel Super Heroes
Injustice

All steam games.

Holy smoke! Congratulations

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Random question - in my badges section I have Dungeonland showing 1 card drop remaining, but it's a F2P game and I haven't made any purchases in the game. It does say I've bought DLC though, but I haven't (and there's nothing in my list of licenses etc to say I've got it). Bug?

Turfster

Random question - in my badges section I have Dungeonland showing 1 card drop remaining, but it's a F2P game and I haven't made any purchases in the game. It does say I've bought DLC though, but I haven't (and there's nothing in my list of licenses etc to say I've got it). Bug?

No, they basically shafted everyone that bought the game before it went f2p. (You probably got it from a bundle, what does the DLC tab for dungeonland say)
They might add more cards for us later, but since it's taken 2 weeks for them to make it so the people that bought the game got 1 card, I wouldn't hold my breath

wetflame

Pizza Dog
No, they basically shafted everyone that bought the game before it went f2p. (You probably got it from a bundle)
They might add more cards for us later, but since it's taken 2 weeks for them to make it so the people that bought the game got 1 card, I wouldn't hold my breath

Ah, I wondered why it suddenly appeared, guess this sort of explains what's going on. Thanks.

Arthea

Jasec explained it yesterday: if we bought it while it wasn't f2p game, we got dlc when it went f2p, however little good that did for us ;)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I seem to be in the minority, I absolutely love Tiny Barbarian. Since I've become an old man, I'm much more into games that I can sit down and have fun with for a half hour or so every few days. I really like the somewhere between Atari and NES graphics, the music is great, and the little things like the flying elbow drop and posedown idle animation amuses me. I keep asking Conan what is best in life, and call out to Crom when I die. It may not be for everyone, and maybe coming out literally right after the end of a sale event hurt it, but it's $6 I'm happy I spent.

As of about 3 hours ago I was ranked #11 Vs. The Horde. Come at me, barbarian bros.

Pretty much sums up my impressions of the game.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Jasec explained it yesterday: if we bought it while it wasn't f2p game, we got dlc when it went f2p, however little good that did for us ;)

Haha, yeah I can imagine. Sorry, must have missed the explanation yesterday. About 6 or 7 pages pass by in the night while I'm sleeping and I don't often have time to catch up on all the talk. These threads move quickly!

Looking forward to getting stuck into my backlog again over Christmas, am off visiting family for a few weeks so will be bringing my laptop and taking advantage of the gaps between all the films and eating big dinners and that. Although then there's the Winter sale, where no doubt my backlog will continue to grow...

derExperte

The bats in Tiny Barbarian truly are no joke. I'm enjoying the game overall (while agreeing with most of what toddhunter wrote) but those motherf....

JakeD

the "last two weeks" playtime is especially bugged right now...i've played about 400 hours

also, im buying the heck out of the christmas TS14 standalone

Tenrius

Is the story of Arkham Origins connected to AC, or can I play AO first without worries?

Yes you can. It's a prequel, but I'd say it doesn't matter that much in the Arkham series. AC is a direct sequel to AA and I think you can safely play it without playing AA first, because the connection is rather thin. Make sure you do play AC and especially AA afterwards though!

Dr Dogg

the "last two weeks" playtime is especially bugged right now...i've played about 400 hours

Yeah I noticed that. Though it's different for me in various places. In the mobile app it says I've had 0.00 hours played, the client is correct but in my browser profile is mashossivly OTT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

TS14 so good. Buy with confidence.

Hi there Steam GAF! I hope all of you enjoyed the sales this past week and had a good Thanksgiving (if you're American that is, I have no idea what the rest of the world is up to, ha). I bought several games for myself, and one to giveaway here. What game is that do you ask?

Don't Starve

I have only spent about 3.5 hours with it so far, but I have found myself really enjoying it. You get dropped off in the middle of the wilderness and are expected to survive on your own. I am still stumbling my way around as I experiment with things. The longest I have lived for was about two weeks. I think I will be spending many hours trying to survive in Don't Starve. So, come along and join me out in the great unknown!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve- -- MB-695D4BBBC5FFEF61 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 39 entrants total.

t1386178395z1.png

Tizoc

So like here's what the body of the OP would be if I ever made the Winter Seal 2013 thread:

WAIT
FOR
THE
FUCKING
DAILY (or Flash)
DEALS!

DON'T BUY ANYTHING UNTIL THE DAILIES AND FLASHES GO UP, OTHERWISE WAIT FOR THE LAST DAY THEN DO YOUR FINAL PURCHASES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom