• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I was actually planning on starting up Cognition the other day until I realized that the only way to get Episodes 3 & 4 on Steam was to buy the whole "season".

Aw... :/

I started the first Episode some time ago and I'm not that far from finishing it. I actually wanted to finish this month or so and then move to the second Episode. From what I've played it's giving me a CSI vibe for some reason and I was liking it so far. It seems there's more than one way to do things and certain actions/decisions you make carry over.

More steam codes. With all the FTL talk that's going on, here's a chance for someone to jump into a fantastic game.

I know this isn't really the steam trading thread and all, but I had someone message me about trading away my TF2 earbuds. Is this item actually worth anything, and if so what would a reasonable trade value be for them? I don't want to try and screw someone over if the item is somewhat rare, but I'm definitely a budget gamer and if I could get a few games for them I'd have to jump on it. Anyway....onto the giveaway.

Buds sell for about 18 keys, keys are 2.50 ea. 18 * 2.5 is about 45 dollars for your earbuds. Give or take.

AHA-Lambda

Gone Home or Stanley Parable?

Stanley Parable, but you really should play both.

Stanley Parable is the most subversive and intelligent game I've ever played.

On the other hand, Gone Home told a very emotional story (2nd game that has made me cry, don't laugh) that is worth experiencing.

I think I'm finally getting a handle on this steam game thing. It's really just a metagame where games are playable microtransactions and your point score is your game count.

Jawmuncher

You get a discount though on the seasn last I checked though for owning 1 and 2.
Hell last sale if you owned 1 and 2 it was 75% off.

ZeroCoin

Thanks for Jamestown, ZeroCoin! It should pair nicely with Sine Mora, looking forward to giving it a whirl.

No problem. I am not a huge shmup fan, but I really like the style of that game.

Buds sell for about 18 keys, keys are 2.50 ea. 18 * 2.5 is about 45 dollars for your earbuds. Give or take.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I have not been into TF2 since the initial items were implemented, so I have no idea about how the TF2 item economy works.

As said before, vote for EF-12 on Greenlight - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196830672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHE5TK_iG6E#t=0
Oh, and because I'm feeling generous...

Thanks for the link to that, voted for it. Also, while I was over in that section, I checked out a few more games. Is anyone familiar with the game Dex? It says it is a 2D cyberpunk RPG. Anyways, it looked really interesting to me so I upvoted that one as well. Linky: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194346841

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You get a discount though on the seasn last I checked though for owning 1 and 2.
Hell last sale if you owned 1 and 2 it was 75% off.

The "loyalty discount" program ended Nov 19th (before the sale started)

Terra_Ex

I was actually planning on starting up Cognition the other day until I realized that the only way to get Episodes 3 & 4 on Steam was to buy the whole "season".

Considering how often 1 & 2 are in bundles I figure it's only a matter of time before the rest are as well.
Yeah, I foresaw some kind of shenanigans like this happening when the devs were talking about time limited discounts prior to release so I traded something cheap for the first the first 2 eps to benefit from the 75% discount when it finally got released on Steam. I doubt 3 & 4 will be appearing in a bundle anytime soon. It's a good game though, if a little buggy in places.

Divius

More steam codes. With all the FTL talk that's going on, here's a chance for someone to jump into a fantastic game.
Not sure if ModBot is busy/slow or if there just hasn't been any interest yet in the half hour this giveaway has been up, but can I grab FTL for a fellow GAFfer
who is on a temp ban so can't redeem it himself :p
?

edit: I'll just grab it and will tell him to thank you when he's back

Backlogger

My new Monoprice 27in IPS arrived yesterday and got it all hooked up last night. Didn't get a chance to do much gaming since it was so late already, but with the little bit of testing I did I have a feeling my gaming experience will change forever going from 1080p to 1440p.

I was hesitant getting the Monoprice since it apparently can't be overclocked like some of the ones you can get on eBay, but it just felt safer going that route. By the way, there were no dead pixels that I could find. Best PC upgrade I've made this year! Now I just need to save up so I can buy another one :)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thank you for Nightsky ZeroCoin, t'was never a title I could bring myself to buy, but I know I'll enjoy it.

Also aye, someone grab Thomas Was Alone. Really quite the good platformer.

ZeroCoin

Not sure if ModBot is busy/slow or if there just hasn't been any interest yet in the half hour this giveaway has been up, but can I grab FTL for a fellow GAFfer
who is on a temp ban so can't redeem it himself :p
?

As long as they are going to enjoy it.

Everyone a winner in that giveaway; nice :).

Someone should take Thomas Was Alone, if they haven't already. Great little game.

Lot of quality stuff between those bundles. I think I've got a hotline miami code. I'll try to get one more group of codes sorted through and posted over lunch.

Backlogger

Some more giveaways:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Really Big Sky -- MB-0D2179755E1AA08C - Taken by Kifimbo
King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-4FE5878C11831CB4 - Taken by Copons
Nightsky -- MB-84135D8F843220A3 - Taken by Think Different
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-0BC8F427233184B8 - Taken by Jawmuncher

Colin.

For Ken, and any others that were having payment issues with Playism. I've sent along a support email informing them of the issue, so hopefully that will make some progress. As I'm still getting the same error today. It appears they have a twitter too, so I will send a message there as well, if I don't hear back later.

Thanks for Thomas Was Alone! Been wanting to play this for a while.

You're in for a treat! Pretty short, I think most can fully complete in under 5 hours, but it is a real joy to play through. Even if all the switching can get a bit hectic!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
BundleStars Leftovers:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Off Road Drive -- MB-4D937AD2A293951E - Taken by Melted77
STCC 2 -- MB-CB2F107A5DFAD863 - Taken by kennah
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-ABF1EFD7D3A7F813 - Taken by AScotAbroad

Grief.exe

My new Monoprice 27in IPS arrived yesterday and got it all hooked up last night. Didn't get a chance to do much gaming since it was so late already, but with the little bit of testing I did I have a feeling my gaming experience will change forever going from 1080p to 1440p.

I was hesitant getting the Monoprice since it apparently can't be overclocked like some of the ones you can get on eBay, but it just felt safer going that route. By the way, there were no dead pixels that I could find. Best PC upgrade I've made this year! Now I just need to save up so I can buy another one :)

27 inch at 1440p is god tier for size resolution. Good pickup.

I'm waiting for consumer OLED screens at that resolution.

ZeroCoin

Probably the last giveaway for me today.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-C5A6CCACC5292AA2 - Taken by XShagrath
Cave Story Plus -- MB-FE1A902D3A6E1598 - Taken by bloke
Hotline Miami -- MB-D93E12C5426668C4 - Taken by AsylumX
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-229D1E7B2D09A26A - Taken by Fuu
McPixel -- MB-6E08DF48992ED4A1 - Taken by Grampa Simpson

Turfster

Thanks for Anomaly!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On a unrelated note Steam needs more games with dinosaurs.

See, that's what I thought... But then I got conned into playing Dino D-Day for one of Winter sale chievos. Some people still haven't forgiven me for dragging them into that.
The sad reality is that most games with dinosaurs suck prehistoric balls, since nobody does them justice.

Jawmuncher

See, that's what I thought... But then I got conned into playing Dino D-Day for one of Winter sale chievos. Some people still haven't forgiven me for dragging them into that.
The sad reality is that most games with dinosaurs suck prehistoric balls, since nobody does them justice.

I remember the Dino D-Day free 2 play weekend.
I was hyped and all my buddies were telling me about the weekend. So I downloaded it played it for 20 minutes and promptly deleted it. Such a cool idea with shit execution.

I'm glad that Primal Carnage is at least pretty damn awesome when it comes to dinosaurs. Easily the best dinosaur game as of late.....though it's not like it has much competition.

I agree with that sentiment, but most of the dinosaur games that do come out are pretty terrible. Ever play ORION: Dino Horde? Good god.

I got that for free from Mendelvius......but yeah that one is pretty terrible to.
Cool idea but once again the execution is severely lacking. The game even though it's released still feels like it should be a early acess title.
I don't even understand why they added a 3rd person mode it looks terrible.

this steam sale. im happy but im sad.

happy because; i got like 15 games i really wanna play for 30 bucks total.

sad because; the backlog:(

the only game i wanted there was no sale on was naruto. but it just got released october 25 so I understand why no sale.

DukeBobby

Man, I suck at these roguelike games. I sucked at The Binding of Isaac, and now I suck at Spelunky.

Oh well, practice makes perfect, I guess.

Cleaning house.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Neighbours From Hell Compilation -- MB-A82DE1BD36A2B73F - Taken by jshackles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom