• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hi there Steam GAF! I hope all of you enjoyed the sales this past week and had a good Thanksgiving (if you're American that is, I have no idea what the rest of the world is up to, ha). I bought several games for myself, and one to giveaway here. What game is that do you ask?

Don't Starve

I have only spent about 3.5 hours with it so far, but I have found myself really enjoying it. You get dropped off in the middle of the wilderness and are expected to survive on your own. I am still stumbling my way around as I experiment with things. The longest I have lived for was about two weeks. I think I will be spending many hours trying to survive in Don't Starve. So, come along and join me out in the great unknown!

Great giveaway! This game's been on my radar for a while but I've not taken the plunge yet, your description makes it sound pretty interesting though, I've entered so will keep my fingers crossed!

Dr Dogg

To be honest it's been knackered for so long the thread title should permanently be:-

STEAM 2XXX Announcements & Updates Of Forever - Don't ask when the sales are starting and playtimes are always broke

zkylon

zkylewd
ok natural selection is pretty fun. I don't understand anything but managed to get mvp on both games I've played for some reason

but seriously wtf is happening. like we storm the alien base and suddenly hentai and tentacles everywhere

Jawmuncher

Those modders and valve need to get together so that it's released on steam even if still as a mod. Bit I played of it back on PS2 was a lot of fun.

Since were talking about Half Life I just want to mention I have no care in the world about Half Life 3 unless it has Shepard from Opposing Force. Which I personally thought was the best of the lot when it comes to Half Life 1 and it's expansions.

Being the cheap-ass gamer that I am, I just got Borderlands 2.
Very funny so far, and the game gave an skin thanks to my BL1 memory. Nice.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Or

"Your guilty consciences may force you to vote Democratic, but secretly you yearn for a cold-hearted Republican who’ll cut taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king!"

Your choice of Simpson reference on this one.

ZeroCoin

Hi to everyone. Decided to clear out a bunch of keys from previous humble-related bundles. I'll be going through all of my keys over the next few days and doing some modbot giveaways. Anyway, here's the first small batch from the WB bundle and the current weekly sale.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Closure -- MB-3AB8F5D369343A59 - Taken by Mr. Poolman
Jamestown -- MB-4982378C02EF7FDF - Taken by MakeshiftChef
Batman Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-400495CAB3833519 - Taken by didamangi
The Lord of the Rings Online Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-D6719F8E36E22EBD - Taken by wazoo

didamangi

Hi to everyone. Decided to clear out a bunch of keys from previous humble-related bundles. I'll be going through all of my keys over the next few days and doing some modbot giveaways. Anyway, here's the first small batch from the WB bundle and the current weekly sale.

Thx ZC!

I thought you have 336 hours of FTL in two weeks. Any less just has to be bug!

LOL

The sad thing is that I'm now starting to get the itch to cleanse my gaming palate with a different game. Probably for the best :/. The Walking Dead is looking the most likely contender. That will be a nice contrast I would think. So I would be going from one GAF gifted game to another <3.

Joe Molotov

I'm glad the community has such good taste.

The Greenlight process isn't very transparent so I wonder how many people really voted for this. Looking at the Greenlight page, most of the comments were either "lol wtf is the shit" or "hey, free stuff, guess I'll vote for it".

I'm not disputing that the community has awful taste, however. WOW SLENDERMAN SO SPOOKY SUCH UPVOTE!

Arthea

LOL

The sad thing is that I'm now starting to get the itch to cleanse my gaming palate with a different game. Probably for the best :/. The Walking Dead is looking the most likely contender. That will be a nice contrast I would think. So I would be going from one GAF gifted game to another <3.

I will miss coming home to many FTL new pics, but if you feel you have to move on, you just have to :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I always saw Dungeonland with a fee before. What made them change to f2p?

Also I realized that there's a missing game in Steam...

FIGHTER MAKER!

You will not be disappointed if you are looking for amazing single player experiences. You will be broken if you finish the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
huh?

I guess I just don't see the appeal of driving a virtual train sometimes

I will miss coming home to many FTL new pics, but if you feel you have to move on, you just have to :)

It's not FTL, it's me :'(.

Sorry, they'll return before too long don't you worry :).

You will not be disappointed if you are looking for amazing single player experiences. You will be broken if you finish the game.

:'(

That settles it! imma start TWD dis evening 4 da feels!!!11!!!

Dambrosi

Banned
Yeah I always saw Dungeonland with a fee before. What made them change to f2p?

Also I realized that there's a missing game in Steam...

FIGHTER MAKER!
As said before, vote for EF-12 on Greenlight - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196830672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHE5TK_iG6E#t=0
Oh, and because I'm feeling generous...
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-1A9966D198FACEF4 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Magicka Plus DLC -- MB-C453C019345C3C36 - Taken by Purkake4

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The next bundle in a box got leaked.
Sadly, the only steam games are Cognition ep 1 & 2 again, so I'm not going to list everything here.

I was actually planning on starting up Cognition the other day until I realized that the only way to get Episodes 3 & 4 on Steam was to buy the whole "season".

Considering how often 1 & 2 are in bundles I figure it's only a matter of time before the rest are as well.

ZeroCoin

More steam codes. With all the FTL talk that's going on, here's a chance for someone to jump into a fantastic game.

I know this isn't really the steam trading thread and all, but I had someone message me about trading away my TF2 earbuds. Is this item actually worth anything, and if so what would a reasonable trade value be for them? I don't want to try and screw someone over if the item is somewhat rare, but I'm definitely a budget gamer and if I could get a few games for them I'd have to jump on it. Anyway....onto the giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-14E53F5BA545B778 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Bastion -- MB-165B401B902769CA - Taken by vvise
LIMBO -- MB-BACFD497882526DC - Taken by Grampa Simpson
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-552B54ECE7301666 - Taken by Divius
Nightsky -- MB-47C8CEFE5E179A12 - Taken by KenOD

Turfster

Considering how often 1 & 2 are in bundles I figure it's only a matter of time before the rest are as well.

Actually, I think they're hoping to get people to their own store to buy 3 & 4.
It's the only reason I can think of for all these bundle inclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom