• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-4F19407DCC2A8719 - Taken by fantomena. 1 entrants total.
Off-Road Drive -- MB-DDAD7EB398CC672C - Taken by Gintoki. 2 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-FCC4438508F31457 - Taken by Spawn. 1 entrants total.
STCC II -- MB-D2D59E4EC1B4215A - Taken by The_Monk. 2 entrants total.

t1386180105z1.png

Grief.exe

Why do you even use Win8?

Its a good, fast OS.

The arguments against it usually just come down to people screaming about Metro UI and apps, which, frankly, is an argument embedded with ignorance. You can completely ignore that side of the OS, and I do so.

Wasn't that meant to be fixed now? Debating picking up a cheap copy for full dx11.1 but only botched BF4 is supporting it so far.

There is a work around, but you have to do that on a game by game basis.

Turfster

Its a good, fast OS.

The arguments against it usually just come down to people screaming about Metro UI and apps, which, frankly, is an argument embedded with ignorance. You can completely ignore that side of the OS, and I do so.

I wouldn't say completely, but Win 8 isn't that bad an OS.
(Of course, I haven't really tried to do much gaming on it, since it's my dev box)

Knurek

The way I see it, you should completely ignore the OS - that's the only way to make MS backpedal on the travesty that is Metro.

Buried in that other thread, but since Grief brought up Steamworld Dig, it's looks like its out tomorrow.

The line is actually showing all of Image & Form waiting for HL3. ;) Sadly, the world as we know it ended before it came out.

Thanks for noticing this little touch. There are a number of things in the game that weren't in the 3DS version - only to make you buy it twice. Mouaaahaaahaaaa... Tomorrow SteamWorld Dig debuts on Steam! And it looks AWESOME!

Later in that thread it is stated their will be 20% early discount.

Gamerloid

Well, the year is almost over. If Valve is still on track for shipping the prototype steam machines for beta testers, they'll have to start giving more info soon since they stated it'd be this year.

Also, thanks Backlogger for Nightsky!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Starbound keys are out on the Humble page if you pre-ordered it.

I know what I'm doing tonight.

Grief.exe: thanks for the updated info on Final Fantasy VIII. I'm really looking forward to playing it again, hopefully with some cool Steam achievements. I also found out they're re-releasing VI on Android, supposedly by the end of the year. I'm super pumped.

Backlogger

I haven't had any problems with Windows 8 and gaming. I actually even have shortcuts to certain Steam games on the metro start screen. I do probably spend 80-90% of my time on the desktop though.

The metro start screen should have just been a desktop overlay app launcher rather than a totally separate thing. I would have liked to have seen the desktop icons, wallpaper and taskbar kind of darken or gray out when showing the metro icons. With 8.1 and being able to show the same background on the start screen it does actually look more like an overlay but its not.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Square has plans to bring FFXIV to Steam eventually

Keep dropping these kinds of bombs, and you're gonna get even more all over the news.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/04/final-fantasy-8-steam-release-could-be-gaining-momentum/

NeoGAF member Grief.exe noticed that the game’s territorial purchasing options had been updated in the Steam registry, and correctly noted that when publishers or devs start fiddling around with these things, it usually means a future release is in motion.

mrgone

So there's Starbound, Steamworld Dig, DayZ soon, Tiny Barbarian, all the games we just bought through the sale, all the games we bought last sale and didn't play yet, all the games we can't stop playing (Spelunky), more bundles, more bundles, more bundles, and another sale in a couple of weeks.

I'm not going to make it.

Dr Dogg

So there's Starbound, Steamworld Dig, DayZ soon, Tiny Barbarian, all the games we just bought through the sale, all the games we bought last sale and didn't play yet, all the games we can't stop playing (Spelunky), more bundles, more bundles, more bundles, and another sale in a couple of weeks.

I'm not going to make it.

Just cancel all your appointments and clear your schedule... FOREVER!!!

Well, the year is almost over. If Valve is still on track for shipping the prototype steam machines for beta testers, they'll have to start giving more info soon since they stated it'd be this year.

Also, thanks Backlogger for Nightsky!

Also if they want to have enough time to talk about their experience with the beta at SDD.

xBlain

Still had this old key for Limbo laying around.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Limbo -- MB-F7659ADD29DC218B - Taken by Pops Maellard

Tellaerin

Thanks for the link to that, voted for it. Also, while I was over in that section, I checked out a few more games. Is anyone familiar with the game Dex? It says it is a 2D cyberpunk RPG. Anyways, it looked really interesting to me so I upvoted that one as well. Linky: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194346841

I upvoted Dex a few days back. : ) Have you seen Interference on Greenlight? It's more of a platformer/puzzle-type game than an RPG, but if you like 2D, sidescrolling cyberpunk games, it might be worth checking out.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Heads-up: The Cat Lady just released on Steam. If you bought the Be Mine Anniversary bundle on Groupees a year ago, you should have a Steam key on your profile page.
Cards are selling rather high. Not that they're actually selling, though. :p

Grief.exe

Keep dropping these kinds of bombs, and you're gonna get even more all over the news.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/04/final-fantasy-8-steam-release-could-be-gaining-momentum/

NeoGAF member Grief.exe noticed that the game’s territorial purchasing options had been updated in the Steam registry, and correctly noted that when publishers or devs start fiddling around with these things, it usually means a future release is in motion.

lol thanks for the heads up Jshacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom