• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Starbound is out now. 3gb.

Seriously thinking about skipping work today to go home and play this. I love Terraria (it's actually the most played Steam game I have) and have been following Starbound's development for the last 8 months or so.

I really hope it's as great as it looks.

Looks like Square has plans to bring FFXIV to Steam eventually

262341.jpg

Source: http://steamdb.info/app/262340/#section_subs

Keep dropping these kinds of bombs, and you're gonna get even more all over the news.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/04/final-fantasy-8-steam-release-could-be-gaining-momentum/

Grief.exe
Don't stop believin'~~~ hold on to the feeling
(Today, 01:42 PM)

awesome, awesome news

Spare code I had from a previous HB. Should still work. To the eventual winner please let me know if it doesn't.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-699C3A409AFC4D37 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.

t1386194686z1.png

I upvoted Dex a few days back. : ) Have you seen Interference on Greenlight? It's more of a platformer/puzzle-type game than an RPG, but if you like 2D, sidescrolling cyberpunk games, it might be worth checking out.

Thanks for that! This one looks good as well, voted for it. I'll look at it some more later. I'm currently reading my way through the Shadow Returns anthology before I start playing it. Not that Shadow Returns is anything like these other cyberpunk styled games, I just liked the juxtaposition of the fantasy/future tech in S.R.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Seeing the new Broken Sword popping-up on the store made me a happy man. It's not even that i'm going to play it now, nor can I afford it, but the fact that there's a new "classic" Broken Sword game makes me all giddy and excited.
Next year is going to be amazing (again). So many classic franchises that are coming back. :)

...and after an half hour of The Cat Lady I am allowed to say that this game is seriously creepy. Not forced, far from it, but the atmosphere is incredibly thick and depressing.
It controls like a 2D platformer without the, uh, platforming. So. That's a bit weird.

Anyone know how the "Telltale Games redemption code" stuff works? I was going to pick up The Walking Dead S2 on GMG for $18, but if it has some weird Telltale storefront DRM I'll probably just shell out the extra $4 to get it on Steam.

PriitV

Anyone know how the "Telltale Games redemption code" stuff works? I was going to pick up The Walking Dead S2 on GMG for $18, but if it has some weird Telltale storefront DRM I'll probably just shell out the extra $4 to get it on Steam.
You wouldn't get the game on steam. So 4$ extra for the steam version.

Echoplx

Hey jshackles, have you considered bringing over the text-style highlighting to the main store? I think it would look a lot nicer than big blocks of colour.

What I mean is something like this:

old
ofxe2T1.png

new
Ia5Z4y5.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey jshackles, have you considered bringing over the text-style highlighting to the main store? I think it would look a lot nicer than big blocks of colour.

What I mean is something like this:

old
ofxe2T1.png

new
Ia5Z4y5.png

Not a bad idea, I'll look into it. :)

Glad to see another visual novel making it on to Steam. Hopefully Japan will get the message that their games have an untapped market on PC sooner, rather than later.

Grief.exe

This is always a clear sign as well

2 minutes ago Removed SupportsCDKeyCopyToClipboard – 1
2 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp205730\SteamKey
2 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry

If they remove the ability for the game to store a key in the registry, or show a key on startup, then GFWL can't function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom