• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about badges, this is my recent favourite

izqfaPnisbWZm.png

And he is proud of it.
Also why weed? Does Port Royale is about trading it via sea routes?

I have no idea.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I actually struck out in my :weed: dealing endeavour by the end -- while I did score it twice in a row, my succeeding three crafts netted me :galley: instead. :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, just opened my inbox this morning to see I got an email from Steam, due to an item I sold. It turns out someone bought my Storm foil for $10, of which I'll get $8.70. Yay!

Shame I had to lower the price from $20, but it's still better than the $0 I've got ever since putting it in the market. This will serve me well come Winter Seal. Guess I should also start idling games again, because I own like a million games whose cards I haven't got yet.

I should probably pick up Virtua Tennis during teh seal, I don't think I'll miss out on much functionality when GFWL fades into the ether, I don't want another Outrun 2006 situation.

JaseC

I myself need to pick up another two spare copies of Saw, but I think that'll be it for the Winter Sale as far as long-term investments go as I'd rather focus on buying games for my library rather than my inventory.

oipic

EB is blaming the AUD, but USD$50 = ~AUD$55 (which is the current price of the codes; they were bumped up from AUD$50 after the Summer Sale) and has done so for months.

If pushed, they'd most likely attribute the discrepancy to the GST (our 10% 'goods and services tax', for those in foreign lands) ... that seems to be a convenient cop-out for our local retailers.

Can't see them selling too many cards now, surely.

Edit: I typed this reply 45+ minutes ago, forgot to hit submit, then found the tab open much later, and tiredly submitted it anyway, rather than closing the tab as I had meant to, given the discussion had passed... a sign that it's time for bed, perhaps? I don't know how you stay so coherent for so long, Jase.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Wow, just opened my inbox this morning to see I got an email from Steam, due to an item I sold. It turns out someone bought my Storm foil for $10, of which I'll get $8.70. Yay!

Shame I had to lower the price from $20, but it's still better than the $0 I've got ever since putting it in the market. This will serve me well come Winter Seal. Guess I should also start idling games again, because I own like a million games whose cards I haven't got yet.

I don't know how many games you have but I never got a foil, and I had a hundred+ of cards :(

Ricker

I enjoyed Mars: War Logs...combat is a little janky,not the greateat graphics in the world(talk about your shades of browns) but for 5 bucks,I would recommend it.

Ben652

Speaking of badges, did they change the amount of XP you need to level up recently? I'm at level thirty something and I need 600XP to level up when I thought it should be 400.

JaseC

Speaking of badges, did they change the amount of XP you need to level up recently? I'm at level thirty something and I need 600XP to level up when I thought it should be 400.

The XP gap gradually increases as you level up.

Arthea

The XP gap gradually increases as you level up.

I wouldn't call that gradually, but outrageously (><)

Shame about that game being awful. It is a pretty cool badge design.

That's how it is with badges, one of my favourite games has worst badge I think (Civ5). Level 2 one is just plain bad (><)
It makes one wonder how many people are happy with badges of their favourite games.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That's how it is with badges, one of my favourite games has worst badge I think (Civ5). Level 2 one is just plain bad (><)
It makes one wonder how many people are happy with badges of their favourite games.

As I mentioned before, the Psychonauts ones are terrible, pretty much. Just character portraits (and the characters don't hold up particularly well), here's a few:

7c0b49fa660230135283809b1ebc94c1fe494fff.png
f19edacc49052be5eb7c2b596f9326004ec70bf9.png
55bacb7bfeb064afccde02f3df08408c1d0dfd1e.png

Compare those to some of the cards:

120x140
120x140
120x140

Really disappointed me.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wouldn't call that gradually, but outrageously (><)

As I mentioned before, the Psychonauts ones are terrible, pretty much. Just character portraits (and the characters don't hold up particularly well), here's a few:

7c0b49fa660230135283809b1ebc94c1fe494fff.png
f19edacc49052be5eb7c2b596f9326004ec70bf9.png
55bacb7bfeb064afccde02f3df08408c1d0dfd1e.png

Compare those to some of the cards:

120x140
120x140
120x140

Really disappointed me.
Hah, same here with Psychonauts. I still crafted it because I love the game, but seriously.

Another one for me is Sleeping Dogs, one of my favorite recent games but it has the laziest badges ever. I hadn't seen it before I crafted and I was disappointed.

iFAULp7fhFv7j.png

The backgrounds and emoticons are all atrocious too. Weirdly enough, like Psychonauts, the cards are cool.

http://steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-202170

Turfster

I can see how you wouldn't be happy with it.

That leads to other question. Does anybody like their favourite game badges?

The System Shock 2 one is nice and minimalistic, same for the Deus Ex, Mark of the Ninja and Tomb Raider ones.

Hah, same here with Psychonauts. I still crafted it because I love the game, but seriously.

Another one for me is Sleeping Dogs, one of my favorite recent games but it has the laziest badges ever. I hadn't seen it before I crafted and I was disappointed.

See, I much prefer something like the sleepydogs one over something like the Psychonauts or Alan Wake style of taking random stuff from the game and slapping it on random levels.

Fuu

See, I much prefer something like the sleepydogs one over something like the Psychonauts or Alan Wake style of taking random stuff from the game and slapping it on random levels.

Level 5 and foil badges are OK, a bit boring, that's true.
To be fair, my biggest problem with the Sleepy Dawgs one is that it's just the logo and features the name of the game. I like the simplistic ones but I'd rather have something more abstract/artistic. Maybe something that used, say, Wei's actual badge, or the tattoos like the cards did:

iUdFYf8as7tW0.jpg

iboPPQWhQ5NdNj.jpg

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Assuming it's $15, the 20% early bird discount would knock it down to $12, which should equate to $6~$7 on Steam RU.
The only prices we know for SteamWorld Dig are $9.99 / £6.99 / €8.99, which are presumably US/UK/EU—so a little lower for RU, and maybe $50 AUD / ¥5000 in Japan.

0[/url]

I was really expecting the Steam-wallpapers to be like neonlights at the edges. Something "chinese".

Was kinda disappointed with them :(

Jørdan

WAtgkmu.jpg

How do the badges displayed on your profile work, can the ones currently on display be replaced? I have a lvl.1 Don't Starve which was crafted out of curiosity and a lvl. 1 TF2 crafted to get me to lvl 10 when that was still a thing. Does anyone know if two badges of a higher level would replace their spot? Thanks.

derExperte

While being a huge Alan Wake fan I'll never craft the badge because all levels are butt-ugly.

---

Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle from January has Steam keys for Oozi: Earth Adventure which releases today (gives me beta access right now).

---

Jørdan;92500018 said:
WAtgkmu.jpg

How do the badges displayed on your profile work, can the ones currently on display be replaced? I have a lvl.1 Don't Starve which was crafted out of curiosity and a lvl. 1 TF2 crafted to get me to lvl 10 when that was still a thing. Does anyone know if two badges of a higher level would replace their spot? Thanks.

On the right of your profile the last crafted badge is always shown on the left. So if you craft the 2nd level badge of TF2 it will jump to the left.

Jørdan;92500018 said:
WAtgkmu.jpg

It's your most recent badges.

Fuu

Btw, I didn't even know Tomb Raider got cards, I beat the game before they added it and didn't keep up with card updates. It's pretty cool indeed.

idzt9ATDXBFDf.png

And Sequence got them too, I was actually waiting for that to craft the badge since I 100%-ed it, but then I kinda forgot about it.

I was really expecting the Steam-wallpapers to be like neonlights at the edges. Something "chinese".

Was kinda disappointed with them :(
I know right, the backgrounds are indisputably bad, I really wanted something cool too but:

Actual one I got.
laugh.gif
... :(

Kazarov

Neo Member
But I'm currently at level 34 and need 600XP for the next level.

A couple of weeks ago there was a glitch that increased peoples game count, mine increased with about 800-900 (increased game count = increased xp).
When the glitch was fixed any level gained was kept, but the extra xp was not, so maybe you really should be at lvl 33 and have 200xp to lvl 34?
Or maybe It's some other bug completely...

Parsnip

I meant with the assumption that, had someone been so averse to metro altogether, they were already just sticking with desktop mode. Maybe pretending win7 was the baseline, what's now gotten in the way of the typical workflow that there's a tangible difference between how the start screen affects you versus the classic start.
I don't know about typical workflow, but in general if I need to launch something that I don't use often enough to keep on the desktop already, getting to it through the classic start menu versus metro screen, classic is just faster for me.
Though I should also mention that I use XP style "all programs" menu, rather than the Win7 style menu. Always found the Win7 (and I guess Vista as well) menu like a step back in usability.

Maybe that's just me.

Stet

Banned
Alright, I'm upgrading from a 32-bit system to a 64-bit system finally. What do I do about my Steam installs? When it downloads the game files, does it download both 32-bit and 64-bit files and only install the relevant one? Or should I be redownloading all of my stuff?

Turfster

Alright, I'm upgrading from a 32-bit system to a 64-bit system finally. What do I do about my Steam installs? When it downloads the game files, does it download both 32-bit and 64-bit files and only install the relevant one? Or should I be redownloading all of my stuff?

You don't need to do anything.
Most games don't have a 64bit version, and 32bit programs run fine on a 64bit OS.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-A5533EBF62B32BB1 - Taken by FloatingDivider
Cognition Episode 2 -- MB-1539B468246519BC - Taken by Addnan

I know some people were looking for a cheap MK a little while back, 12.99 at SimplyGames

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/steam/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition

The sale isn't half bad in general

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/stock-clearance

Lost Planet 3 is tempting.

JakeD

has anyone found or compiled a list of the bundle status of the greenlit games yesterday? i know i own 4 or 5 but im wondering if im missing any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom