• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone pick up VIII yet? Loved it and have zero problem shelling out the dough but I need to know what the tweaks are, otherwise I would just play on emu. Suppose widescreen would be swinging for the fences =/

Anyone need 50% off Postal or 90% off Space Trader: Merchant Marine?

I literally have no idea what game the latter is, but somebody's bound to want it at 90% off. :lol

Send me a PM if you want either.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone pick up VIII yet? Loved it and have zero problem shelling out the dough but I need to know what the tweaks are, otherwise I would just play on emu. Suppose widescreen would be swinging for the fences =/

Picked it up but won't get a chance to play it until later today. It's just a re-release of the PC version, and they've added on Chocobo World (which was only previously available in Japan) and a "cheat" method to prevent excessive grinding.

The_Monk

Thanks Jawmuncher for Serious Sam 3.

By the way, is this the game that the devs created some sort of invincible enemy/monster for those that had pirated copies? Because I love when they do such things!

I'm not sure if it was this game but I remember one thread talking about it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
New giveaway for a new page. Still have the showdown effect available from a previous giveaway.... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92510554&postcount=7554

Thank you for Splice. I somehow missed such a wonderfull liitle puzzle game all this time.

Small Giveaway for the games I have received here as of late
No such thing as a small giveaway, all equally wonderful in kindness no matter the amount. Well, maybe not the BadRats ones.

Thanks for Sanctum 2

By the way, is this the game that the devs created some sort of invincible enemy/monster for those that had pirated copies? Because I love when they do such things!

A giant scorpion to be exact. http://youtu.be/e91q5BtlxK0

I am still looking for a mod where we can get it in the normal game for me and my mates, so we can play a "who can survive the longest" play session.

header_292x136.jpg

I got this when it was on sale over the Thanksgiving holiday and I just completed it for the first time. I have to say, it is not often you see a video game tackling such mature subject matter. The game play itself is fairly simple and easy, a mix of platforming and puzzle solving. The soundtrack for the game is quite good, I found myself really enjoying it and it added nicely to the game play. The game isn't very long as it only takes a few hours to beat it, and after you have beaten it there is an option to replay it to gather hats for the main character. If you have it I'd recommend a play through. I'm going to spoiler this next part in case someone isn't familiar with the themes present in the game and wishes to go in blind.
The game deals with an abusive father whose drug of choice is alcohol. As the game progresses the monster becomes more and more of a burden. This game had a rather profound affect on me as I too had to deal with an abusive alcoholic parent. One other thing, I let my sons play through the game as well. After they had finished I sat down with them and explained my personal experiences with this and I feel it was a good way for me to approach the subject matter with them. Sorry for all the personal crap here, sometimes things just need to be said.

I'm glad the game could be used in such a way for you, it's important between all the silly games, we have something that can make us pause and consider something deeper.

I may play the game with my daughter in a few years for the latter portion, when she can better understand such things. Right now she is too busy trying to figure out how to grow up and be a giraffe.

Jawmuncher

Thanks Jawmuncher!

No such thing as a small giveaway, all equally wonderful in kindness no matter the amount. Well, maybe not the BadRats ones.

Thanks for Sanctum 2

Thanks friend. Seriously late to the party on this one!

Enjoy All.
Also yeah The_Monk SS3 is the game with the invincible enemy if you pirated it.

Tesseract

Banned
teleglitch is my goty. prepare thyself for grizzly nightmare things seeping out of pipes, hungering for guts and bone. get jacked on stimulants and canned meat, pray to god you die a painless death.

please avoid the spatial anomalies, they'll spaghettify you. as cheesecake once said, let teleglitch's brutal difficulty take you to places long forgotten. you piece of shit.

FloatOn

teleglitch is my goty. prepare thyself for grizzly nightmare things seeping out of pipes, hungering for guts and bone. get jacked on stimulants and canned meat, pray to god you die a painless death.

please avoid the spatial anomalies, they'll spaghettify you. as cheesecake once said, let teleglitch's brutal difficulty take you to places long forgotten. you piece of shit.

this is the greatest thing I've read yet on steamgaf. I nearly did a spit take. bravo

Turfster

Daily King Arthur's Gold 33% off
Weekend
  • War of the Vikings Free weekend, no discount?
  • Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed 75% off
  • Omerta 75% off

Lain

I just woke up, and I see that as Grief foretold (Glory to His Name), FF8 is out on Steam. I'm a bit bemused by their decision to have it released for 12.99€ AND no discount.

xBlain

Just noticed that i had some keys left. Not sure if the warhammer key is still working.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Titan Quest -- MB-1C2949B9FEFB9316 - Taken by PetriP-TNT
Warhammer 40K Dawn of War -- MB-1C2949B9FEFB9316 - Taken by PetriP-TNT

Colin.

So how much of a discount do you think FF8'll get as a daily during the Winter Seal? 25% or 33%?

It only took VII a few months before there was a 50% off sale. There may be a slight discount during the Winter sale, but probably not much at such an early stage.

Backlogger

GT Legends and GTR2 are both awesome.I would say that both of these games are top PC sims.Nice driving model,day/night cycle,great track and cars selection,tunning options,good sound and both of these games look really nice even today due to it's natural lighting and PC IQ.Driving during day-night transition is really great.There are also texture mods and other mods like tracks and cars.You need a wheel for these games though.It's playable with gamepad but it's much more fun with a wheel.

Thanks. I don't have a wheel unfortunately. I do enjoy racing sims. We have a 3 monitor setup in my office for Forza 4 with a super nice wheel with paddle shifters and floor peddles. I will probably just stick with a gamepad at home since I won't be able to match the office setup :)

FloatOn

if you don't yet own sonic racing transformed now is your chance to fix it. 5 bucks to get the game that shits on mario kart from great height.

if you don't yet own sonic racing transformed now is your chance to fix it. 5 bucks to get the game that shits on mario kart from great height.

Pretty great game. Sure it's not CRASH TEAM RACING, the godlike AAA kart racer, but easily in the tier after that.

Thanks for TITAN QUEST xPlain!! wtf, I didn't take Warhammer even though Modbot says so :p

Colin.

I would recommend it as well, one of the best kart racers I've played. It can work out even cheaper too, if you can get a 4 pack going.

cicero

New Indie Gala (only 10 000 bundles):

http://www.indiegala.com/limited

Creatures Exodus
Battle Group
Puzzler World
Skyward Collapse
Teleglitch
Die More Edition
A Valley Without Wind 2
Shattered Haven
Hacker Evolution
Duality + 4 DLC
Doc Clock
The Toasted Sandwich
Quoted for the new page.

Is anyone else having issues with keys failing to activate because they are "duplicates"? Doc Clock, Skyward Collapse, and Puzzler World for me.

Aitor

Would anyone be so kind to tell me how much is the Indiegala limited?

Am at work and every gaming page is blocked.

Dr Dogg

Final Fantasy VIII - no mention of needing a Square Enix account. I wonder if it's required like 7 was, or if it's purely Steam DRM?

Also really excited about the achievements. Totally going to 100% this one.

Know exactly what you mean. As I scrolled down and saw it had achievements I thought "yeah I'll get it sooner or later" then I saw how many, then I saw what they were for. That's going to take a fair old time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom