• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is amazing. I believe it's the best kind of DRM, actually.

This reminds me of way back when Earthbound was on the SNES. Totally the best DRM in any game, ever.

http://starmen.net/mother2/gameinfo/antipiracy/

Basically the game is playable but TONS more enemies spawn. If you make it all the way to the final boss, the game will erase every save game and freeze.

Some games I want to giveaway.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-A799795416697669 - Taken by Vazduh
Eets Munchies -- MB-EB160FEEBB061A38 - Taken by firehawk12

mrgone

My god, apparently Wasteland 2 is out in beta next week. Add that to the "this shit's gonna kill me" end of year murder pile of releases.

nexen

that.....actually looks pretty good. and it has Minicons?? how did i not know about this...

I played it back in the day and had a lot of fun with it. I'm not even really a transformers fan, at least not of the fiction. I loved the toys when I was a kid. IIRC this was one of the first games with real physics.

Lain

Quick giveaway of the stuff I already owned off that indiegala bundle. Hacker + DLC has been bundled up by me.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hacker Evolution Duality & 4DLC -- MB-7FD0286107C247AD - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
A Valley Without wind 1 and 2 -- MB-CC02FB6492CF9985 - Taken by TouchMyBox. 2 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse -- MB-16E876820F6EC07C - Taken by Joe Molotov. 2 entrants total.
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-5F5F915054331D17 - Taken by eyeless. 23 entrants total.

t1386269030z1.png

Aitor

have fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Aitor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Skyward Collapse -- MB-4876860F2E4E4B98 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-1DBE480562410E29 - Taken by Saty

louiedog

I have high tolerance (sorta) for textdump, so I guess it's gonna be smooth sailing for me.

I used to before I had a giant library and less time to play it. Now when I see that I think about my Steam library and how I could probably play 3 games before I learn enough to start having fun with a game like that.

Slyjss

I bought the Humble Weekly before it changed, now I have a spare key of Jamestown and it's been a while since I offered anything here. So enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Slyjss:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jamestown -- MB-2D0F9DA3F2F009E6 - Taken by schwupp. 1 entrants total.

t1386269840z1.png

The_Monk

This reminds me of way back when Earthbound was on the SNES. Totally the best DRM in any game, ever.

http://starmen.net/mother2/gameinfo/antipiracy/

Basically the game is playable but TONS more enemies spawn. If you make it all the way to the final boss, the game will erase every save game and freeze.

Oh that is a nice one. I just remembered this one too:

Invading those with a early copy of Dark Souls

From Software are using this feature to send out maxed-out characters into the early-adopters games and systemically killing them off.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445838

Lain

Strange, Battlegroup worked fine for me. Only one that failed to activate because it was a duplicate was Doc Clock.

I tried to activate Battlegroup twice, and it didn't go. Now, after you said your worked fine instead, I tried a third time, and it activated. I'll give it some time and try the Doc key again later before contacting Indiegala, maybe it'll work.

Anustart

Someone convince me why I need to keep playing The Witcher 2...

I'm still in Flotsam and the gameplay is very rare compared to conversations :( Not that the gameplay is all that great to begin with but what are ya gonna do. Supposed to be looking for Cedric but just saved and quit because bleh.

eyeless

Quick giveaway of the stuff I already owned off that indiegala bundle. Hacker + DLC has been bundled up by me.
wow haha i entered at like basically the last second, i actually made it, and won

thanks, gb quick look of this game looked awesome

rtcn63

I'm still in Flotsam and the gameplay is very rare compared to conversations :( Not that the gameplay is all that great to begin with but what are ya gonna do. Supposed to be looking for Cedric but just saved and quit because bleh.

I stopped at the end of the Act. Just wasn't fun, not in a way required for me to wade against the tide.

Arthea

I'm contemplating buying FF8 right now on gmg, even if I already bought FF8 two times long ago and wasn't planning to replay it soon.
Time to question my sanity?
if they added cards too, I wouldn't even resist *triple triad 4 life* (><)

edited: in other news, just bought limited gala bundle to find out that I own most of games, but it's limited! no time to think

Parsnip

Oh wow. That FF8 launch trailer. They just slapped together a bunch of the fmv in random order it seems. Incredible.

Yet still somehow better trailer than anything for Lightning Returns.

Slyjss

On a side note: I hate that Steam chooses the currency based on where you are. I'm studying for one year in the UK and I get all the prices in pounds (making the games seem cheaper than they really are for me). It doesn't happen on the website, so I guess it's thanks to jshackles and Enhanced Steam. But it's really annoying that you don't get to choose the currency.

FloatOn

Having recently beat Witcher 2 I can say I relate to this. The first half of the first chapter is really slow going but after you beat the first major boss it moves to a break neck speed. Chapter 2 is incredible. Chapter 3 less so but I still feel as if it was a fitting ending. Once you start leveling up some it isn't quite as brutal either.

For what it's worth, it's a lot more combat heavy in the second half in the game.

You guys had better spend your money on a great port (Sonic Racing Transformed) rather than on a (presumably) bad port like Final Fantasy 8. After what Squenix did with 7 and after they announced their future plans a while ago, I have no hopes of 8's Steam release being any good.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Doc Clock -- MB-BF6F0A1715A86DAE - Taken by Camel Master
A Valley without Wind 1 and 2 -- MB-8A69D6209CF5B120 - Taken by Cyberquake

Have fun.

I stopped at the end of the Act. Just wasn't fun, not in a way required for me to wade against the tide.

Yeah, I quit at this point two. Had some cool stuff going on, so I can see why folks like the game, but it was not doing it for me. Lots of fiddly subsystems. Too much running back and forth around in a dank town. Just not my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom