• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
One that everyone might already have. lol
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-25E6D0D28763F10C - Taken by Camel Master

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would pay good money for FF12 on PC. It's never too late Square Enix, never too late.

It looks phenomenal through current means of playing it on PC. A resolution bump does wonders for the game.

Turfster

Humble Multimedia Fusion 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Vincere Totus Astrum
  • Oddplanet
  • Splotches
  • Faerie Solitaire (Steam)
  • Manos the hands of fate
  • Pitiri 1977
TIER 2: 6$
  • Really Big Sky (Steam)
  • Knytt Underground (Steam)
  • Nightsky (Steam)

Nabs

morningbus is going to be one happy camper.

88e829f34169188627538b1a834e92a05eb1cf85.jpg

The_Monk

Another bundle I'll be skipping. I'm impressed with myself, or these latest bundles are really not for me.

I guess I need another "big" publisher bundle.

EDIT: Reposting for new page:

Humble Multimedia Fusion 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Vincere Totus Astrum
  • Oddplanet
  • Splotches
  • Faerie Solitaire
  • Manos the hands of fate
  • Pitiri 1977
TIER 2: 6$
  • Really Big Sky
  • Knytt Underground
  • Nightsky

Parsnip

It looks phenomenal through current means of playing it on PC. A resolution bump does wonders for the game.
I have been playing it on pcsx2 lately, and yeah. It looks wonderful. But just thinking what could potentially be done with modding some of the rougher textures out, increasing draw distances and such. If only, if only.

I think there are too many bundles in a short period of time. Quality suffers. Look at Indie Royale.

I just think there are far too many indiegames nowadays. Thats why I opened the other thread.

When the first Humble Bundle launched and shortly after the Indie Royale, Steam didnt have much Indiegames at all. The Indiescene was also not that big at that time.

Nowadays though you have so many (good and bad) games to choose from.

Turfster

Holy crap 25 turns into the tutorial of skyward collapse and I've been staring at the screen for an hour now as I tried to fight myself and keep my forces in balance while also fighting bandits that appear randomly.
I think I'm done.

Anteater

Someone convince me why I need to keep playing The Witcher 2...

I'm still in Flotsam and the gameplay is very rare compared to conversations :( Not that the gameplay is all that great to begin with but what are ya gonna do. Supposed to be looking for Cedric but just saved and quit because bleh.

Yea I'm at Flotsam too, I did enjoy it quite a bit early on so I think I'm going to try pushing through the chapter at least, something tells me it will be good when the story progresses further.

Another bundle I'll be skipping. I'm impressed with myself, or these latest bundles are really not for me.

As far as I've seen the weekly deals are often meant to be a bit more niche, or at least more genre / developer / gameplay specific than the main humble bundles. Makes sense that they would often be very "meh" or "yes, yes, YES!" propositions as you either have interest in the publisher / genre or you don't as opposed to the main bundles that still (usually) fit the theme of 6-8 cool new interesting indie games spread across genres and developers.

Tizoc

EDIT: Reposting for new page:

I might get the $1 tier games only, as the bta games atm don't interest me. Will wait and see what gets added, any chance Steamwork Dig might be a BTA?

JakeD

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A Valley Without wind 1 and 2 -- MB-D177C40201B61872 - Taken by KenOD
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-E635A013C1754625 - Taken by Annubis

whoever wins Hacker, i will send you a pm with the 4 DLC codes

Turfster

I might get the $1 tier games only, as the bta games atm don't interest me. Will wait and see what gets added, any chance Steamwork Dig might be a BTA?
Doubt that was created with Multimedia Fusion 2, was it? Also, it just came out today, so...
This is basically "game creation software and stuff that was made with it" as far as I can see.

Faabulous

Holy crap 25 turns into the tutorial of skyward collapse and I've been staring at the screen for an hour now as I tried to fight myself and keep my forces in balance while also fighting bandits that appear randomly.
I think I'm done.

I guess it's not for you then, it really is a niche game. It's kind of hard to enjoy Skyward Collapse if you are not the kind of person whom really enjoys trying to forge something out of chaos. I find and odd joy of having my guys fight each other and never win, while also managing to get over any woes the world throws at them. I had huge amounts of fun with that game, and would recommend you give it some more time if you find it in you.

KarmaCow

Is there anyway to not auto grab a ledge when you're near one in Spelunky? Maybe I'll get used to it but it's really bugging me. Was it in the original PC version, because it seems like it would be something I would have remembered.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thanks Chairmanchuck for Doc Clock, didn't have it yet. Edit: It was a duplicate, no worries tho.

Easy decision on Humble weekly: I have the BTA games so 1$ tier it is.

Edit: Oh there's only one steam game. Well I grab it anyway.
My giveaway for Doc Clock seems to be up if you want to claim it!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder if Humble will provide Steam keys for Oddplanet and Pitiri 1977 when they're released, since they've already been greenlit.

MRORANGE

Those are the best kind of backgrounds to have on display!

_____________________________________________________-

Just saw this on Twitter.
BausUX4CIAEUwhY.jpg:large

I would love to have cards with nonsense on them like that in the US

Gpu manufacturers need to start selling cards with custom decals, I would buy a Titan Gaben on day 1

Dec

This marvel puzzle thing is really annoying with tutorials. I think I went in a mission that as too high and iron man died. It would not fucking stop blocking everything telling me to use iron mans special ability, but because he was dead I couldn't. Had to close the window and relaunch.

Now he is downed and I can waste my, likely to become, precious heal packs to pick him up or wait 4 minutes. Yep. It's a phone game.

Edit: Oh... now he's injured for 23 minutes.

GaussTek

I'm so tempted to buy FFVIII, but I'll probably wait for a sale. Got FFVII a few weeks ago for $3 on uPlay LOL

And, really weird Weekly Bundle, but I'll grab it anyway haha

Edit. And Steamworld Dig... soo good day.

Yeah so I've been thinking my steam purchase habits and have come to conclusion I'll continue to buy a lot stuff, yet won't bite on every bundle. I'll try to concenrate on games that have even a bit of chance that I'll play.

I booted Trainz: Murchison 2 yesterday and after watching the trains go, I thought, what I'm doing in my life lol.

Bought the new Bundlestars bundle though that has two Trainz games in it - and Football Manager 2009 and 2011 are on their way

I'll stop soon tho

My giveaway for Doc Clock seems to be up if you want to claim it!

Thanks, that worked!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Another one that everyone probably has!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Faerie Solitaire -- MB-7E3140F75A6B05C7 - Taken by GaussTek

Arthea

I guess it's not for you then, it really is a niche game. It's kind of hard to enjoy Skyward Collapse if you are not the kind of person whom really enjoys trying to forge something out of chaos. I find and odd joy of having my guys fight each other and never win, while also managing to get over any woes the world throws at them. I had huge amounts of fun with that game, and would recommend you give it some more time if you find it in you.

I think it's a good game, great concept, niche or not. Keepin balance isn't supposed to be easy anyways (><)

I wonder if Humble will provide Steam keys for Oddplanet and Pitiri 1977 when they're released, since they've already been greenlit.

I thought they will, that's why I paid $1! No interest in that bundle aside of that, as I already have all steam games. But now when you mention it...

Knurek

I made a SteamWorld Dig thread to get the word out there on release.
hD1ZecZ.jpg

On that note, fuck, the game is nowhere to be found in the top seller's list (FF8 #2 ATM). :(

I mean, I'm happy that FF8 sells (Sqeenix, bring FF12IZJS to Steam!), would preffer SteamWorld to be at least in the top 10 though. :(

Grief.exe

On that note, fuck, the game is nowhere to be found in the top seller's list (FF8 #2 ATM). :(

I mean, I'm happy that FF8 sells (Sqeenix, bring FF12IZJS to Steam!), would preffer SteamWorld to be at least in the top 10 though. :(

Looks like it just broke into the top 10!

yXbsy2u.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom