• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crub

Why is Broken Sword 5 still not covered on the front page?

only steam games.

boooooo

Oddplanet and Pitiri 1977 are greenlit and will have keys eventually. Manos is probably pretty high up on Greenlight already and is bound to be greenlit by the next batch.

Tenrius

Someone convince me why I need to keep playing The Witcher 2...

I'm still in Flotsam and the gameplay is very rare compared to conversations :( Not that the gameplay is all that great to begin with but what are ya gonna do. Supposed to be looking for Cedric but just saved and quit because bleh.

Conversation are a part of the gameplay.

Grief.exe

Rock Paper Shotgun's WOT I think

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/05/wot-i-think-steamworld-dig-a-fistful-of-dirt/

Seems like John adored this title.

So in the end, when I look at it, the game really is about digging for jewels, selling them, then digging for more jewels. And yet it never, ever feels like that as I’m playing. I’ve finished the game twice now, once on 3DS, and now on PC, and both times I’ve been absolutely hooked throughout. And it’s thanks to the incredibly subtle cleverness behind the design. As the game goes on, even mining itself becomes a more elaborate task, requiring forethought and care to get to the tougher places, without cocking up your route. The layout isn’t just blank sheets of rock to mine, but intricately crafted domains, as interesting as possible to explore.

Another design element that deserves celebration is how it very cleverly gets you to retrace earlier steps to pick up what you missed. You could do that at any time, but then the drive to keep moving forward is pretty strong. So when the game has you revisit a few specific challenge areas to reveal some surprises, along the way you re-explore places, now complete with a pile of extra skills. Everything is suddenly more accessible, and those places you messed up and couldn’t climb back up are now reachable. This is a game that makes you wait an agonisingly long time for the precious double-jump, but once you’ve got it, oh boy.

Dolor

Steamworld Dig really hit the PC scene with a running start.

Linux, Mac, PC versions
Trading Cards
Achievements
Full Controller Support

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252410/

Nice one. Wish FF8 had cards. I looked at my fall sale purchases, and about 80% had cards. The others I wanted enough at the price to pick up anyway (Castlevania and Far Cry 3).

You guys had better spend your money on a great port (Sonic Racing Transformed) rather than on a (presumably) bad port like Final Fantasy 8.

whynotboth.gif

I will almost always reward a company for porting their game to my platform of choice.

I would pay good money for FF12 on PC. It's never too late Square Enix, never too late.

Yes, indeed.
Also, 9, 10 and 6.
And 14.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I will almost always reward a company for porting their game that I enjoy to my platform of choice.

FTFY
Although I do own Angry Birds Space on Steam

Nice one. Wish FF8 had cards. I looked at my fall sale purchases, and about 80% had cards. The others I wanted enough at the price to pick up anyway (Castlevania and Far Cry 3).

whynotboth.gif

I will almost always reward a company for porting their game to my platform of choice.

Yes, indeed.
Also, 9, 10 and 6.
And 14.

Isn't FF XIV the MMO one?

Dolor

FTFY
Although I do own Angry Birds Space on Steam

Ah, if only I could buy just the ports I enjoyed instead of everything eventually! I have so many shooters that I play for like 10 minutes and never touch again.

But yes, particularly games I like. FF8 is up there on my top games of all time (just the perfect time for me to play it when it was released).

If FFX HD does well, then they could do a FFXII HD version for current and next-gen consoles. If that was the case, why not release a PC version?

Is FFX HD coming to PS4 and XB1?

Isn't FF XIV the MMO one?

Yes. I've heard it's good.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Faerie Solitaire -- MB-9270A0498D3F55BD - Taken by scorpscarx

^ This game is actually really good

Anny impressions on Speedball 2 HD?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Man, SteamWorldDig's art style totally reminds me of Awesomenauts. Not sure if coincidence?
Their palettes have some commonalities (highly saturated colors, neons) ...but pretty much everything else is dissimilar.

Wish I could get in on the SWD hype, but I know I won't play it for eons. Gotta hold that wallet shut...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
^ This game is actually really good

Anny impressions on Speedball 2 HD?
Yeah, Faerie Solitaire is rad. I wonder when they'll ever release the sequel, I'll be all over that too.

I liked it so much I 100%-ed it. I still shudder when I remember the final prismatic egg though, lol.

ModBot said:
Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Faerie Solitaire -- MB-7DF7626756ABE0B4 - Taken by Declarius

This is a remarkably good game!

Is The Bureau XCOM Declassified not worth about 6€ (£4.99) fellow GAFfers?

The story is bad, but I loved the 60's setting. I also enjoyed the combat in the game. I never finished it though, still need to go back and play it more. If you're not going to play it "soon" I'd wait as the publisher hasn't shown any aversion to discounting it regularly.

random

Really Big Sky looks cool, but don't think it's worth 6 dollars solely for that. Speaking of SHMUPS, Rocking DAT 10 dollar background.

N4RhE46.jpg

If you are mainly interested in Really Big Sky, you can get it cheaper in this Bundlestars bundle:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/ultimate-sci-fi-bundle/

The_Monk

yes. with the disclaimer that the story is pretty stupid.

the battle focus system it uses for the combat makes it worth it though.

The story is bad, but I loved the 60's setting. I also enjoyed the combat in the game. I never finished it though, still need to go back and play it more. If you're not going to play it "soon" I'd wait as the publisher hasn't shown any aversion to discounting it regularly.

Thank you both, good people. Guess I'll wait and skip that deal for now. Winter is coming.

I say go for it.

HNNNG
;)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Humble Multimedia Fusion 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Vincere Totus Astrum
  • Oddplanet
  • Splotches
  • Faerie Solitaire (Steam)
  • Manos the hands of fate
  • Pitiri 1977
TIER 2: 6$
  • Really Big Sky (Steam)
  • Knytt Underground (Steam)
  • Nightsky (Steam)

morningbus is going to be one happy camper.

88e829f34169188627538b1a834e92a05eb1cf85.jpg

Oh damn. That's at least a silver lining on a day when Manos didn't make it through another batch of greenlight games.

StAidan

SteamWorld Dig looks so sweet, my backlog is too huge to consider buying it right now though. On the wishlist it goes.

Parsnip

If FFX HD does well, then they could do a FFXII HD version for current and next-gen consoles. If that was the case, why not release a PC version?
We can hope.
Believe.

But then, with the speed they are working on the FFX stuff, FF12 would probably come out in like 2020.

Tizoc

Is The Bureau XCOM Declassified not worth about 6€ (£4.99) fellow GAFfers?

Sounds good to me, where can I get it at that price? FYI that I'm more into gameplay than story. I'm playing GoW 3 again and damn man, Kratos, chill the fuck out brah.

Tizoc

@Monk- Thanks mate.

We can hope.
Believe.

But then, with the speed they are working on the FFX stuff, FF12 would probably come out in like 2020.

How do you know they're not secretly working on it? I mean only a handful of people are working on the FFX HD Duology, there might be another handful people being locked in a dungeon HDifying FF12.
Besides with Persona 5 releasing on PS3 prob. in 2015 in the west, the PS3's got a few extra years to go.

LQX

Is it still possible to do Modbot giveaways with the knew Humble system of linking to get the games?

Thorgal

Uh guys .not willing to kill the mood here but isn't FF14 Going to have the same Square enix DRM if it comes to steam ?

You know . the one that everyone dislikes ?

random

Was really expecting the Popcap bundle today... but I bought the bundle we got instead all the same.
Now I have a game I actually know to be good to give away, in addition to the Hacker Evolution keys I have been amassing lately.

ModBot said:
Instructions for random:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Hacker Evolution Duality with lots of DLC -- MB-C75C5EA87F042A96 - Taken by m.gorecki. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality without DLC -- MB-4650D002B622DA37 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-808C66967BBAC554 - Taken by C4rter. 2 entrants total.

t1386276365z1.png

Nightsky is a Humble Bundle link, Hacker are keys.

Grief.exe

Uh guys .not willing to kill the mood here but isn't FF14 Going to have the same Square enix DRM if it comes to steam ?

You know . the one that everyone dislikes ?

FFVII only had a Square Enix account on first boot-up. No other DRM to be found, and nothing else required after that first activation. I hate DRM and I find this form far from egregious.

FFVIII has no DRM whatsoever.

All other Square games just use Steamworks.

Parsnip

How do you know they're not secretly working on it? I mean only a handful of people are working on the FFX HD Duology, there might be another handful people being locked in a dungeon HDifying FF12.
Besides with Persona 5 releasing on PS3 prob. in 2015 in the west, the PS3's got a few extra years to go.

I don't know, I'm just somewhat skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom