• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.gorecki

Was really expecting the Popcap bundle today... but I bought the bundle we got instead all the same.
Now I have a game I actually know to be good to give away, in addition to the Hacker Evolution keys I have been amassing lately.

Nightsky is a Humble Bundle link, Hacker are keys.

Thanks for Hacker! Will redeem code when I get home from work.

Hubb

Uh guys .not willing to kill the mood here but isn't FF14 Going to have the same Square enix DRM if it comes to steam ?

You know . the one that everyone dislikes ?

FF14 is an MMO, all MMOs have DRM for obvious reasons. There is no way you are getting around having a FF14 account if you want to play FF14.

C4rter

Is The Bureau XCOM Declassified not worth about 6€ (£4.99) fellow GAFfers?

I liked the game. It had it flaws, controls are very console-like, but the ending is rather unexpected and offers a nice new perspective on everything. If you like squad based third person shooters, you should try it out.

C4rter

Was really expecting the Popcap bundle today... but I bought the bundle we got instead all the same.
Now I have a game I actually know to be good to give away, in addition to the Hacker Evolution keys I have been amassing lately.
Nightsky is a Humble Bundle link, Hacker are keys.

Thank you very much for Nightsky

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wish steam had more information regarding a game featured on the game "detailed view" page.

I don't remember what the fuck "Shad'O" is, and I'm too lazy to go to the Store Page to look at the screenshots.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I played XCOM: EU multiplayer for the first time last night, after Origin cockblocked me from playing DS3 with a friend. What a fantastic game. Watching an excellently-planned turn fall to pieces when a sniper misses a 78% shot from 5 spaces away is way more fun when you know get to hear someone yell "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" right afterwards. It was my friend's first time playing the game at all. I told him to forget it. It's XCOM.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I wish steam had more information regarding a game featured on the game "detailed view" page.

I don't remember what the fuck "Shad'O" is, and I'm too lazy to go to the Store Page to look at the screenshots.

And yet here is a post on Neogaf that took longer than either option of clicking the store page link or simply googling it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
And yet here is a post on Neogaf that took longer than either option of clicking the store page link or simply googling it.

Except I'm not asking anybody that information, I'm just letting the world know about this very serious issue.

I still don't know what Shad'O is all about.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haha, bloody hell, I thought one of my foils sold overnight, but the tab was just old. :( Dreams crushed.

Thorgal

FFVII only had a Square Enix account on first boot-up. No other DRM to be found, and nothing else required after that first activation. I hate DRM and I find this form far from egregious.

FFVIII has no DRM whatsoever.

All other Square games just use Steamworks.

I see . din't know that .thanks .

FF14 is an MMO, all MMOs have DRM for obvious reasons. There is no way you are getting around having a FF14 account if you want to play FF14.

Oh i know you need a ff14 account . it's just that i remember that when FF7 came out there was some outrage that you needed a square enix account and i assumed there would be another one like that for 14.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
This search String makes Final Fantasy XI MMO show up on the search result list, but clicking it makes you go to a page that doesn't exist.

Searching for Final Fantasy only doesn't make it show up. Weird.

Edit: apparently, the game doesn't exist on My regional store only. Nevermind.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This search String makes Final Fantasy XI MMO show up on the search result list, but clicking it makes you go to a page that doesn't exist.

Searching for Final Fantasy only doesn't make it show up. Weird.

Edit: apparently, the game doesn't exist on My regional store only. Nevermind.

Yeah, there are two XI apps -- US and ROW.
They will be mine!

Hubb

Oh i know you need a ff14 account . it's just that i remember that when FF7 came out there was some outrage that you needed a square enix account and i assumed there would be another one like that for 14.

Yeah FF7 still has that drm too sadly. As much as I liked my time with FF14, their account systems suck.

Tellaerin

2013-12-05_00002u7sds.jpg

Is my video card dying? : / Getting all these starburst streaks coming off of things in Ridge Racer Unbounded, which wasn't happening last night. Tried rebooting, same thing. Checked integrity of game cache, came up clean. Deleted game, redownloaded, same thing. Played Hard Reset for a bit, didn't notice any graphical issues, so it only seems to be RRU (for now).

Thorgal

Is my video card dying? : / Getting all these starburst streaks coming off of things in Ridge Racer Unbounded, which wasn't happening last night. Tried rebooting, same thing. Checked integrity of game cache, came up clean. Deleted game, redownloaded, same thing. Played Hard Reset for a bit, didn't notice any graphical issues, so it only seems to be RRU (for now).

Could be artifacts .Is your GPU overheating ?

PriitV

http://www.geeks3d.com/20131118/msi-kombustor-v2-5-6-and-v3-3-0-available/
Get this and run some tests. Back when it helped me to track down that my videocard was dying.

Card Boy

Banned
http://abload.de/img/2013-12-05_00002u7sds.jpg[/im

Is my video card dying? : / Getting all these starburst streaks coming off of things in Ridge Racer Unbounded, which wasn't happening last night. Tried rebooting, same thing. Checked integrity of game cache, came up clean. Deleted game, redownloaded, same thing. Played Hard Reset for a bit, didn't notice any graphical issues, so it only seems to be RRU (for now).[/QUOTE]

Have you updated your graphics card drivers? Does your GPU even meet the system requirements? i ask because you have posted a 4:3 image and your settings seem low.

I got a feeling it might be overheating because my old GPU used to do that when trying to run Crysis.

Grief.exe

Could be a lot of things actually

unstable overclock
overheating
bad drivers
game causing the issues

Bought the bundle for Manos, already had Faerie Solitaire.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Faerie Solitaire -- MB-3E2B02418F14DFED - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon

Lain

Quoting a GAffer from the other thread:

I wonder if it's worth it.

I shouldn't have (because I have enough games already), but I went and bought it. -1 from my wishlist, I guess!
Thanks for the heads-up, as it also comes with a piece of DLC.

Sajjaja

That's just the air flowing through the speed holes. Totally normal.

136826929212.jpg

Tellaerin

Have you updated your graphics card drivers? Does your GPU even meet the system requirements? i ask because you have posted a 4:3 image and your settings seem low.

I got a feeling it might be overheating because my old GPU used to do that when trying to run Crysis.

My card meets the listed requirements, yeah. And like I said, the game's been running w/o issues up until this afternoon. : /

The 4:3's because I'm still using a CRT (and I'm going to be severely pained when this NEC monitor eventually dies - I love the color on this thing, and I'm not going to be able to find a replacement. :s ) The card's a GeForce GT220, which is pretty ancient, but I think the minimum the game requires is an 8800GT, so I don't think that's the culprit.

The card really needs upgrading, but I was hoping to hold off on that until after Christmas. Not sure if I'll have that luxury now, though. Meh.

http://www.geeks3d.com/20131118/msi-kombustor-v2-5-6-and-v3-3-0-available/
Get this and run some tests. Back when it helped me to track down that my videocard was dying.

Thanks for the heads-up - I'll have a look.

Could be a lot of things actually

unstable overclock
overheating
bad drivers
game causing the issues

Card's not overclocked and drivers are up to date, but overheating may be the culprit here. Something else to check, at least. Thanks, Grief.

FauX

2 Keys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ion Assault -- MB-FC41289ED7E08306 - Taken by Kifimbo. 6 entrants total.
Planets Under Attack -- MB-C76832824AA3FFB4 - Taken by Knurek. 2 entrants total.

t1386281090z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how many games you have but I never got a foil, and I had a hundred+ of cards :(
A bit under 550, I think. So far I think I've got 3 or 4 foils, though this is the first one that was this valuable.

This free money is probably going to get me some Rocksmith DLC in a few weeks. Started playing the game last night, with a bass, and it's great. The bassist, sadly, is not :p

Tizoc

Yo I'm playing Binary Domain on my PS3 and I am LOVING the characters. Granted there's some cliche-ness, but it doesn't bother me. Big Bo is hilarious and awesome, maybe I should have him charge at Scrap Heads more.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yo I'm playing Binary Domain on my PS3 and I am LOVING the characters. Granted there's some cliche-ness, but it doesn't bother me. Big Bo is hilarious and awesome, maybe I should have him charge at Scrap Heads more.
Weird, I thought the game would have been way better without sound and subtitles and with the ability to skip walking scenes ("playable" cutscenes, that is.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom