• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
More house cleaning.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-26A6A903AE61B5FD - Taken by Stitch
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-1F8A8EE9D52DEB83 - Taken by Firehead

semi-important question:

I temporarily don't have access to my steam account's attached email ever since I switched phones (I had the email auto-forward all email to the phone). I don't have access to that email anymore, but I think I can get a pwd reset if I call some people. Is it possible to change account's email via customer service? And what kind of info would they require to verify it is me?

nexen

I couldn't bring myself to continue past the first few hours of FFVIII. I hated the characters, art style, and .. pretty much everything else so much. Does it actually change itself up after the opening area or should I just continue to steer clear?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I couldn't bring myself to continue past the first few hours of FFVIII. I hated the characters, art style, and .. pretty much everything else so much. Does it actually change itself up after the opening area or should I just continue to steer clear?

FF8 is a very hate it or love it game tbh.

If anything it only gets worse from there if you don't like it for those reasons.

There are aspects like Triple Triad that I find amazing and it is in my top 10 rpgs of all time so I'm a bit biased, but to be honest I haven't heard of too many people being turned around on it.

nexen

FF8 is a very hate it or love it game tbh.

If anything it only gets worse from there if you don't like it for those reasons.

There are aspects like Triple Triad that I find amazing and it is in my top 10 rpgs of all time so I'm a bit biased, but to be honest I haven't heard of too many people being turned around on it.

Shame. I'll buy it when super cheap then.
I loved FFVII back in the day but FVIII I hated so much that I skipped FVIX. Turned out that was a bit of a mistake. FFIX was pretty good, for the time.

Annubis

Consider that you didn't play long enough to see enemy level scaling.
FFVIII is one of the few games where leveling to 99 is like shooting yourself in the foot.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

captureeuurv.png

Yeah I'll stick to my guns on this one :p

Tellaerin

captureeuurv.png

Yeah I'll stick to my guns on this one :p

Seriously, man? C'mon. Laguna, Kiros and Ward were the best things about that game. It's like they wandered in from some other, better RPG somewhere and got stranded in some bizarre story about
TIME K-K-K-KOMPRESSION
. :p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

It doesn't get better, so stay away.

Cheddahz

Banned
The thing about FFVIII is that it needs to be played as a movie, not as a JRPG. Just break the game early on and just enjoy it!

TGMIII

Anyone else having an issue where the payment page on steam is coming up in French? There's no option to change it either, just seems weird.

I feel like I just stormed over the trenches and looked back to see nobody running with me :|

Now I need a distraction to make my escape...

clip0215mwu5f.gif

Stitch

Gold Member
Thanks FiveElementNinja for the Arkham Origins DLC.

btw I finally changed the FOV in Arkham Origins yesterday. Should've done this earlier. The normal FOV is disgusting.

Anyway, have some lame keys GAF:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-70DB15BCAC095183 - Taken by GaussTek
Cognition Episode 2 -- MB-E7FACE1F3687F873 - Taken by xBlain

ngt

Polish muve.pl has got a nice sale. Polish IP is required, then you can pay by PayPal.

Day 1:
Borderlands 2: ~6.51$
Borderlands 2 GOTY: ~11.42$
Borderlands GOTY: ~3.26$
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold: ~6.53$
Europa Universalis IV: ~17.12$
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified: ~11.07$

Stitch

Gold Member
I've made it free for all. If you want the first one too, just take it ;)

One of the first things I did in Arkham City.

It never bugged me too much in the other Arkham games but for some reason it really did in Origins. Maybe the FOV is even smaller?

But I changed the FOV for the other Arkham games now too. Just because I can.
Ahhh PC gaming... :) :D

The_Monk

Polish muve.pl has got a nice sale. Polish IP is required, then you can pay by PayPal.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified: ~11.07$

This one can be found cheaper if some GAFfer is interested. Posted in a couple pages back.

Very OT but, Nelson Mandela is dead :(

neoism

I'd rather wait for the Xmas sale for FFVIII.

Anyway hahaha at the achievements.

Recommended:
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU 3GHz or faster
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT or faster
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated sound chip or more
wtf.gif

also yeah thoses cheevos lulz

Lain

Contacted Indiegala about the Doc Clock steam key not working, and they gave me a new, working key right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom