• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Like a total ponce, I just bought the HIB forgetting it no longer gives out keys, but just redeems to your account.

Unlinking now.

Grief.exe

FFVIII is nice and all, but where's FFXIV..? S-E pls...

Its coming, just give it time. Square is probably waiting for subs to dip or a new expansion.

Wow. Like a total ponce, I just bought the HIB forgetting it no longer gives out keys, but just redeems to your account.

Unlinking now.

I haven't bought a bundle since the change, but you should still be able to gift.

Here is the method: http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/1356336-gifting-steam-keys

Lain

Its coming, just give it time. Square is probably waiting for subs to dip or a new expansion.

I wonder how long that will take. I haven't been logging into 14 for a couple weeks now and my 3 months sub is gonna end this month and I probably won't renew it.

Does FF 8 have any 3rd party drm like FF 7,account,etc?

Yep, you need an active internet connection and a square enix (or facebook) account to log in.

I've also heard that the release has the same audio problems as the old PC port, so it would probably be smarter to look into other ways of playing the game on PC.

Einbroch

Banned
I am becoming more and more interested in going PC, PSV, 3DS this generation. My only concern is I recently purchased a nice, big TV and, being a total newbie at PC gaming (besides MMOs and MOBAs) I don't knew where to begin getting my PC hooked up to my TV and my monitors at the same time so that I can switch between them, as I want to work on my monitors but game on my TV.

Does anyone have any good resources or pages for me to look at?

I am becoming more and more interested in going PC, PSV, 3DS this generation. My only concern is I recently purchased a nice, big TV and, being a total newbie at PC gaming (besides MMOs and MOBAs) I don't knew where to begin getting my PC hooked up to my TV and my monitors at the same time so that I can switch between them, as I want to work on my monitors but game on my TV.

Does anyone have any good resources or pages for me to look at?

I would treat this like a dual monitor set up, except with using HDMI out. Monitor switching is extremely easy on win 7+8, just hit win+tab.

Or you could wait for the steambox, which will stream PC games to your tv.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need to start exercising some due diligence before impulsively buying cheap new releases on Steam:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Postmortem One Must Die -- MB-E65D177B84531315 - Taken by Gez

Dec

The site's in german, but if you make an account here you get an Enclave steam key. Some rpg from 2002.

http://www.dlh.net/

It's the first 250,000. Had no problems getting one a few minutes ago. Create account link is at the top right, "Neuer Benutzer". Then first name and last name (gibberish), nickname, newsletter. You get an email with the password, then just log in with the info and the key is on your account page.

Turfster

The site's in german, but if you make an account here you get an Enclave steam key. Some rpg from 2002.

Jesus, still? This started back last week and the site was totally swamped, so I figured they were all gone by now.

Nobody wants to give me their e-mails?

Nobody.

I guess none of you like video games.

We don't like them, we just collect them.
(Also, this is for the latest HIB, right? Already got that)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well I will attempt to clear part of my backlog before winter sale.

Tell me which of my games are the fastest ones to beat to clear those first.
List

Already cleared or finished on another console:
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • Brutal Legend
  • Castlevania
  • Cave Story +
  • Clive Barker Jericho
  • Dark Souls
  • Divekick
  • Evoland
  • Half Minute Hero
  • The Lord of The Rings: War in The North
  • Mortal Kombat Kollection
  • Skullgirls
  • The Typing of The Dead: Overkill

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

It's the first 250,000. Had no problems getting one a few minutes ago. Create account link is at the top right, "Neuer Benutzer". Then first name and last name (gibberish), nickname, newsletter. You get an email with the password, then just log in with the info and the key is on your account page.

I thought it was finally over? I mean damn. The has been posted on just about every forum/gaming reddit.

rybrad

Nobody.

I have reached the point where I am embarassed about the number of games so I avoid adding games I won't play now for the most part. Seeing so many shit bundle games in my library kills me from when I bought a ton a few years ago.

I thought it was finally over? I mean damn. The has been posted on just about every forum/gaming reddit.

I suspect the reason why it has been going on for so long is because no one cares about Enclave.

Faster than light is kicking my ass. I can make it to the final ship but then everything goes straight to hell.

is it better to upgrade your ship or save scrap and buy from the shop. What weapons do you recommend?

Fantastic game though.

Ion guns and fire beams. Watch em BURN.

Pakkidis

Faster than light is kicking my ass. I can make it to the final ship but then everything goes straight to hell.

is it better to upgrade your ship or save scrap and buy from the shop. What weapons do you recommend?

Fantastic game though.

Lingitiz

Finally getting to The Swapper. This game is something special. I think i'm 1/3rd in now probably, so I hope it stays this good.

Starbound is also great. Only complaint is that iron is kinda sparce.

Card Boy

Banned

List

• Brutal Legend
  • Castlevania
  • Cave Story +
  • Clive Barker Jericho
  • Dark Souls
  • Divekick
  • Evoland
  • Half Minute Hero
  • Skullgirls

Go to ''How long to Beat''

Breath of Death 7 is 3-4 hrs

denx

I can attest to that. I have a 66% discount coupon for enclave and nobody here wants it. I even posted twice. It's like you can't even give this game away for free :p

That's because everyone has got that game for free already from that german website.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

List

• Brutal Legend
  • Castlevania
  • Cave Story +
  • Clive Barker Jericho
  • Dark Souls
  • Divekick
  • Evoland
  • Half Minute Hero
  • Skullgirls

Evoland is only a few hours long. It's less a proper game and more a series of nods to classic titles with some rudimentary gameplay elements thrown in (random encounters, for instance).

Turfster

The new system is atrocious. Not everyone is gonna give you their e-mail.

Yeah, my feelings on the new system are well-documented in this thread and its predecessor. I have to say in Humble's defense that they did reply to my suggestions.

You know you can just create gift links and plonk them in modbot, right?
Then people don't need to give you their email addy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Played about 2 hours of Final Fantasy VIII. Every bit as good as I remember it. I followed this guide to enhance the music (which makes it close to PS1 quality for most tunes).

Got several games of Triple Triad in, several rare cards obtained. Unlocked the first three GFs.

Really glad this came to Steam.

Colin.

Just stocked up on some account currency. I'm ready for you, Winter sale.

Nobody.

This is why I have multiple email addresses for different uses. Eliminates any feelings of paranoia.

denx

Squeenix really needs to release on Steam the earlier FF games (I to VI). I mean, they already had enhanced re-releases on the past couple of years, how difficult would it be to port them over to PC?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Squeenix really needs to release on Steam the earlier FF games (I to VI). I mean, they already had enhanced re-releases on the past couple of years, how difficult would it be to port them over to PC?

I would re-buy them all again. All they need to do is bring the iOS / Android versions of I / II / V / VI and the PSP version of IV (and after years) and I'd be set for life.

rtcn63

Wuvcraft sent me a bundle game and a coupon for free hot wings from pizza hut

tumblr_m0cu4cTnoD1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Giran

The surprising thing for me was how, despite their recent interest in the platform with these releases and that FFXV comment, they didn't announce that Kingdom Hearts HD and/or FFX HD will be released for PC as well.

Since there was and is buzz around their console release, it would've been the perfect opportunity to use that and the Japanese branch could've finally thrown something on the market to test the waters that isn't quite as old as FFVII and VIII and isn't lacking in popularity like The Last Remnant. And it wouldn't be unprecedented to throw a controller required or strongly recommended tag on them either.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Garry's Mod -- MB-DEA3CE0765E4F51F - Taken by Wario64
Magicka EVERYTHING -- MB-0AF54C5BCFF912B3 - Taken by Tesseract
Sanctum 2 -- MB-AB4E585486255306 - Taken by Kirosia

Come get your chum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom